Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pip

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
I don't know where to find "details" on certain questions. Most I have found are very vague. On this particular subject I have found some info. What I would like to know is what really determines how many Pips you receive in a battle. I noticed some people in the same fight receives more than others. Is it based on successful hits or?

Administrator
Each round all participants in a duel are given one pip each.

Sometimes this is a white pip, which is a normal pip, and sometimes this is a gold pip, which is a Power pip.

Power pips count as two pips towards spells in your main school of focus.

Your chance of getting a Power pip over a normal pip depends on your own personal Power pip percentage, found in your character panel.

Some items grant an additional pip, or even an additional Power pip at the start of a round. Players who have these items may start with more pips than others.

There is a spell that allows players to grant their pips to another player. This can be cast by players and some minions will cast this. This may be why some players appear to get a bunch of pips at once.

Does that answer your question?

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Each round all participants in a duel are given one pip each.

Sometimes this is a white pip, which is a normal pip, and sometimes this is a gold pip, which is a Power pip.

Power pips count as two pips towards spells in your main school of focus.

Your chance of getting a Power pip over a normal pip depends on your own personal Power pip percentage, found in your character panel.

Some items grant an additional pip, or even an additional Power pip at the start of a round. Players who have these items may start with more pips than others.

There is a spell that allows players to grant their pips to another player. This can be cast by players and some minions will cast this. This may be why some players appear to get a bunch of pips at once.

Does that answer your question?

Yes- TYSM