Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dungeon Reset

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
I'm doing the Dungeon, and I was having trouble getting past the first 2 Storm monsters (I then remembered I had my prism, and after much difficulty I got past them) Then I had to go and run a quick errand. I looked at the clock and it read 1:18. I knew that if I got back before 30 minutes had passed, and I wouldn't have to restart the whole thing.
I got back at 1:34. I was happy that 30 minutes had not passed, but when I went in, standing before me were 2 clockwork golems.
This should get fixed, because this is just ridiculous.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
dolphin66297 wrote:
I'm doing the Dungeon, and I was having trouble getting past the first 2 Storm monsters (I then remembered I had my prism, and after much difficulty I got past them) Then I had to go and run a quick errand. I looked at the clock and it read 1:18. I knew that if I got back before 30 minutes had passed, and I wouldn't have to restart the whole thing.
I got back at 1:34. I was happy that 30 minutes had not passed, but when I went in, standing before me were 2 clockwork golems.

Next time, put something on your left arrow key so you spin in place and leave yourself in the dungeon in a safe spot. then you wont' time out and won't have to worry about if you can go back in or not.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Some instances reset after only 15 minutes.

If you saw Clockwork golems, it's possible that the graphics for whatever was supposed to be there hadn't downloaded. Clockwork Golems are the default display for NPC's that haven't been downloaded to your hard drive.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
dolphin66297 wrote:

Next time, put something on your left arrow key so you spin in place and leave yourself in the dungeon in a safe spot. then you wont' time out and won't have to worry about if you can go back in or not.

Thanks, I'll try that next time

colagada wrote:

If you saw Clockwork golems, it's possible that the graphics for whatever was supposed to be there hadn't downloaded. Clockwork Golems are the default display for NPC's that haven't been downloaded to your hard drive.

They appear as wooden golems or whatever they're called when loading, but no, they did not do that. And, the dungeon specifically said 30 minutes

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
colagada wrote:

Colagada,

Clockwork golems or wooden golems? I always thought the default were wooden golems. Also, to address the OP, the dungeons themselves reset after 30 mins, meaning you have to start completely over from the beginning. Some dungeons, including some of the one room boss fights, reset NPCs after 15 mins. While the quest progress stays the same, the enemies will regenerate and "come back to life" if you stand their too long. An example is the Soul Scavenger dungeon in Krokotopia. You can keep fighting him over and over without leaving the dungeon at all. You just have to wait 15 mins. He also does not bring his helper back with him either.