Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP might still be a bit unbalanced.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 02, 2009

I've already read that this is being looked into but I'm just writing to let you know what I went through. I'm pretty new to the game so things might change higher up (or maybe get worse in some cases)

I'm currently lvl 15 and most of the time when I duel I'm dueling people with MUCH more HP and many more spells than I have. Just today I played against someone who was lvl 45. I'm only 15! That was not the only time either. I've fought many other people with over 1k HP than I.

I asked around and some said it was because my "pvp rank". (I'm currently at 636) So I guess I can fight anyone at any lvl that's near my current pvp rank? If so, I think that needs to be looked at because it's honestly not very fair.

The other thing, when I fought those guys higher up the matches seemed more like "buff,buff, buff, debuff, debuff, buff, buff....attack for 1.5k-2k. Rinse and repeat. Mind you, maybe I don't have the cards to counter act those buffs and debuffs yet, but it would be nice to have something to remove a few of those because I think some people just sit there and take advantage of that and in my opinion doesn't make the duel very fun.

Either than those 2 points I'm highly enjoying this game! Many little things were well thought of. Keep up the great work.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
ack19803 wrote:
I'm currently lvl 15 and most of the time when I duel I'm dueling people with MUCH more HP and many more spells than I have. Just today I played against someone who was lvl 45. I'm only 15! That was not the only time either. I've fought many other people with over 1k HP than I.

I asked around and some said it was because my "pvp rank". (I'm currently at 636) So I guess I can fight anyone at any lvl that's near my current pvp rank? If so, I think that needs to be looked at because it's honestly not very fair.

How'd you get to 636 with a level 15 wizard? My main wizard is level 37, and I'm winning most of my matches by far, and I'm still only in the mid-500's with my score.

You are right about the abundance of 40+ level wizards in ranked matches. I have always faced them, no matter what my PvP score was. I think it is finally beginning to even out a little, though.

ack19803 wrote:
The other thing, when I fought those guys higher up the matches seemed more like "buff,buff, buff, debuff, debuff, buff, buff....attack for 1.5k-2k. Rinse and repeat. Mind you, maybe I don't have the cards to counter act those buffs and debuffs yet, but it would be nice to have something to remove a few of those because I think some people just sit there and take advantage of that and in my opinion doesn't make the duel very fun.

Well, you have to do that at the higher levels, because nearly everybody up there has the ability to recover from whatever you can dish out at them short of the most drastic wounds. Especially if there's a Life wizard anywhere nearby.

And there are spells that are effectively debuffs. The various Weakness spells (they differ slightly by school) can counteract most buffs, and they're usually free. And high-level Myth wizards have a particularly nasty spell called Earthquake, which basically scrapes off anything any opposing wizard has set up.

Explorer
May 22, 2008
ack19803 wrote:

Mind you, maybe I don't have the cards to counter act those buffs and debuffs yet, but it would be nice to have something to remove a few of those

There are such spells out there, you will get them eventually(based on your school and how you decide to spend your training points).

Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
How'd you get to 636 with a level 15 wizard? My main wizard is level 37, and I'm winning most of my matches by far, and I'm still only in the mid-500's with my score.

Well belive it or not I actually beat that lvl 45 I fought against. And I guess because I've been dueling and winning (mostly anyways) against much higher lvls I get around 15-25 points a win.

On a previous message post (not sure how to link other posts it's called "Bring back the old PvP" ) I actually came up with an idea with a dispell card. Check it out when you guys get the chance and let me know what you think.

I just think that a card like that would be very usefull because of how long it takes to bring out cards like Earthquake and what not. Sometimes waiting that long just "kills" you. ;)

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
I feel for you. The problem here is that you get matched up base on your current ranking. Hopefully this will change to matching you up by level. ie 1-10, 11-19, 20-29, 30-39,40-50. This is the only way to be fair for PvP rank matches. So for now in rank matches wait til your level 50 (too bad all that pvp gear will just sit there). If you want to duel look for fights in the pracatice area were you can setup even fights.