Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't see new pet and getting bright flashes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
I am having a couple of problems and don't know if one of them is a video card issue or game bug. The fist issue is I have the new school pet and I can't see him at all. When I go to the pets tab in the book it does not show, when I put it into pet games, I can't see it.
Next, I can't see my jellyfish wand during game play and when moving about it is like I am standing in the wall, I get bright flashes or it goes dark and I can't see. This has caused me to get in several battles because I can't see where I am going. Is anyone else having these problems? I tried updating my activeX, but it didn't affect it.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
Thats the same issue I have been having. My Fire Wyvern pet doesn't appear at all, though I do think its a glitch because many people are having same problem. Mostly the lights are in Wintertusk I think and its really annoying to not know where you are going next. Hope these problems get cleared up soon. Thanks.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
I am having the same issues. Can barely get around sometimes, for all the walls of color. I have submitted a technical support ticket on that one, tho.
However, I just received my baby kraken. I cannot see it, but some of my friends can. Oh my. I was so excited.
I hope to find some help with the display issues soon.

Administrator
Well we stamped out this bug for most people last night - but looks like we don't have all the information yet from players such as yourselves.

If you haven't already - please submit a dxdiag that will help us narrow down what is happening specifically for you.

DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

Use the Contact Us page at https://www.wizard101.com/game/contactus for getting in touch with us.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jan 06, 2011
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem. I was afraid my computer was about to die lol

Cyrilla

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
I hatched my Phoenix with a Judgement, thinking I was supposed to get Fiery Judge but I got Fire Wyvern again and I still can't see it. Anyway I hope your people can fix the problem, and maybe find a solution to get my Fire Wyvern become a Fierry Judge after everything is solved?

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
somtimes a bright big color comes when i look anywere in crab ally and i cant see my pet monsters or other wizards! :-( :x :?