Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No Additonal Castle Elixir at Crown Shop

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 18, 2011
I want to buy additional Castles, where is the Additional Castle Space elixir found? None at the Crown Shop. :( Please help.

Administrator
Survivor
Feb 18, 2011
Thank you for the reply. Please let me be clear before I spend the money. If I buy the Epic Pre-paid card and do not receive the Massive Fantasy castle, I may then use the Additional Housing Space Elixir for another Castle? Thanks.

Administrator
Each Epic Pre-paid card comes with all the items shown, you will get the castle AND the elixir, but you do not have to redeem them on the same character. All items are placed in your gift window and you can redeem them on any character on that account.

For example if your Balance Wizard has three houses and wants a fourth, redeem the extra housing slot elixir on that Wizard, and you are free to fill that slot with any house you like. The elixir only adds an extra housing slot to the Wizard that you redeem it on, not all Wizards on your account.

The palace will also appear in your gift window, and you can redeem it on that same Wizard, or a different Wizard that has less than three houses.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Each Epic Pre-paid card comes with all the items shown, you will get the castle AND the elixir, but you do not have to redeem them on the same character. All items are placed in your gift window and you can redeem them on any character on that account.

For example if your Balance Wizard has three houses and wants a fourth, redeem the extra housing slot elixir on that Wizard, and you are free to fill that slot with any house you like. The elixir only adds an extra housing slot to the Wizard that you redeem it on, not all Wizards on your account.

The palace will also appear in your gift window, and you can redeem it on that same Wizard, or a different Wizard that has less than three houses.

So then, why can we not be allowed to just use crowns to purchase the elixir? I don't want to have to buy a gryphon mount and a second fantasy castle and all those other things just to get the elixir. Can't KI just make the elixir available by itself?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
tonym144 wrote:

So then, why can we not be allowed to just use crowns to purchase the elixir? I don't want to have to buy a gryphon mount and a second fantasy castle and all those other things just to get the elixir. Can't KI just make the elixir available by itself?

Sure. How about for 39 dollars each elixir? I think what your asking for is to buy the elixir cheaper and from the Crowns Shop.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
kingurz wrote:
tonym144 wrote:

Sure. How about for 39 dollars each elixir? I think what your asking for is to buy the elixir cheaper and from the Crowns Shop.

I can't tell if that is meant to be sarcastic or not, but let me respond by saying that if the elixir would be 39 dollars, then that would mean all the other items that come with the card are free, in which case I'll take all the free items I can and forget the 39 dollars. But since the items on the card are: The Massive Fantasy Palace, The Gryphon Mount, The Ancient Spear of Power, The Epic Clothing, The Mystery Dueling Pet and your choice of one month or 5000 crowns, that would make each item have a value of its own. Since 1 month is about $10, that would make the other five items worth a combined total of $29. Further, since the houses that you can buy with crowns are 10,000 crowns each, not taking size into account, that would be a further $20. That leaves $9 for all the rest of the items. So at this point, you have to attach a value to the clothing, the pet, the mount, the weapon and the elixir. I'm not even bothering to include the 2000 crown minigame which would be a value of $4... So by this point, we are looking at five separate items with a value of $9, which makes each of them just under $2 of value or 1000 crowns. So if the elixir is 1000 crowns, I'll take a dozen to spread amongst all my characters. If not, then please set a price that is somewhat reasonable, since $39 is an unreasonable amount, since that would make everything else free.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Not sarcastic, but a bad joke.

I'm saying just separating the elixir from the package is not enough. The price would obviously have to be cheaper, but would likely rank up there as one of the most expensive (since it is a permanent potion, unlike the others).

Community Leader
Thank you Professor Greyrose I wont repeat what you have said but would like to add my views? Thank you

Perspective view If the housing elixir was placed in crowned shop for sale players would buy to have many houses on one wizard. Now lets do some adding. You now have 3 houses all fully decorated that is minimal of 200+ items per small houses , now we got 600+ items just in houses you have to load . Not to mention all your items in attics , backpack and banks. For just one of your wizards, times that by 18 for 6 wizards,10800+ items.

Ok so now we are getting a bit of lag due to all the items we have. Now add 3 more houses cause you bought elixirs to give your self more houses 600+ more items. Wow why is my game loading so slow? The more items you have the more your game lags.

On my small computer I cannot even go into some of my houses cause of load time, just takes to long. what I think if KI ever did put elixir in crowned shop they would have to limit to one for each account.

I find it easier to just sell a house then go buy it on another wizard if I want a special house on another.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Paige MoonShade wrote:
Thank you Professor Greyrose I wont repeat what you have said but would like to add my views? Thank you

Perspective view If the housing elixir was placed in crowned shop for sale players would buy to have many houses on one wizard. Now lets do some adding. You now have 3 houses all fully decorated that is minimal of 200+ items per small houses , now we got 600+ items just in houses you have to load . Not to mention all your items in attics , backpack and banks. For just one of your wizards, times that by 18 for 6 wizards,10800+ items.

Ok so now we are getting a bit of lag due to all the items we have. Now add 3 more houses cause you bought elixirs to give your self more houses 600+ more items. Wow why is my game loading so slow? The more items you have the more your game lags.

On my small computer I cannot even go into some of my houses cause of load time, just takes to long. what I think if KI ever did put elixir in crowned shop they would have to limit to one for each account.

I find it easier to just sell a house then go buy it on another wizard if I want a special house on another.

Yes, but that's you. I have a fast computer with lots of RAM and a great video card. Why should I be limited because you have a poor computer? By your argument, then they should not come out with any more worlds because then your computer will have to load the images of the new worlds too. Forcing people to be limited in a game causes stagnation, boredom and eventually disinterest.

Community Leader
Oh I am sorry I should of explained that better on my small computer I have issues, I have a very good computer I do all my housing on. I have no issues what so ever with load time. I am thinking for the players and children who play on smaller lap tops, or older computers.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Paige MoonShade wrote:
Oh I am sorry I should of explained that better on my small computer I have issues, I have a very good computer I do all my housing on. I have no issues what so ever with load time. I am thinking for the players and children who play on smaller lap tops, or older computers.

Either way my answer remains. If someone doesn't have the computing power to handle multiple castles, then I do feel sorry for them, but I don't see why I should have to be limited on how many castles I can have. That's like using the argument if I can't afford a Mercedes Benz, then nobody else should have a Mercedes Benz.

I have a decent computer. I have the computing power to handle any number of castles I should ever want. I don't want to be limited to just three castles and have to buy $39 gift cards every time I want another castle when KI could just make the elixir available for purchase in the crowns shop.