Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Welcome to the Player vs Player Message Board

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2011
i got frozen in my pvp match cant move i can talk to people , but even if i log out my character returns to being frozen in the match

Survivor
Sep 15, 2011
Many discussions have been held with a variety of wizards and this is an all-inclusive consensus. No one has disagreed with this arbitration.

In understanding the purpose of PVP is to test skill and abilities against each other, it's concerning when there is a draw. When the battle goes on and on and the loser is the one who goes to school, to work, or has to leave, that does not prove that one player is better than another, only that the winner has no responsibilities.

In the event that there is a tie for an unsubstantiated amount of time, where both wizards are full health and they've reshuffled numerous times to be back where they started, some sort of a draw needs to be accessible. When a battle lasts more than 1/2 hour (or so) and both wizards consent to a tie (meaning both agree that neither wins), or a draw, both wizards should either a) get credit for winning the battle, or b) get no credits, but no demerits, either.

A kid got grounded from Wizards because he had worked so hard to earn his rank, he refused to give in and quit to get off when he was told. Seems so much easier to have a consentual draw. Now if one wizard is certain that he/she can win the battle, the battle will continue because mutual consent is not present. Correcting this issue will certainly draw more wizards into the arena.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
Survivor
Jul 10, 2010
sometime players just need to see other player pips before doing something...

Survivor
Apr 15, 2010
i think we should have moving arenas like at the start when the timer goes to 0 at a zf arena it would drop down to a river and the background wold change from a forest to a desert all the time going down a river and in cl it would go though space and under the ocean and mb would be on a giant blimp and dragonspyre well we all know it should be on a dragon or on a volcano that erupts things like that would make pvp more fun rather you win or lose dont matter you had a nice trip :3

Survivor
Dec 05, 2012
Please explain, I have a level 45 Ice wizard and cant seem to rank up in PVP, still at private, I decided to start a new wizard in storm which is now at level 10 and have the same problem! at level 5 with only the basic spells available and the best clothing items available for purchase, I was put against a level 10 sergeant (higher ranked, better outfit, ranked pet etc etc) how is it possible to get a higher rank if you are constantly overpowered? Did I miss out on some training or is PVP only for the gifted? So far I have only won 2 matches, and that was also pure luck! I would love my rating to go up once in a while so that I can also get some quality items from Diego! Seems like the strong get stronger and the weak, well they have no chance! How do I get past this first barrier? Now I have to win twice as many battles against stronger opponents just to get my points back to the starting line of 500, please give some advice!

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Seth Ice on Mar 18, 2013 wrote:
Please explain, I have a level 45 Ice wizard and cant seem to rank up in PVP, still at private, I decided to start a new wizard in storm which is now at level 10 and have the same problem! at level 5 with only the basic spells available and the best clothing items available for purchase, I was put against a level 10 sergeant (higher ranked, better outfit, ranked pet etc etc) how is it possible to get a higher rank if you are constantly overpowered? Did I miss out on some training or is PVP only for the gifted? So far I have only won 2 matches, and that was also pure luck! I would love my rating to go up once in a while so that I can also get some quality items from Diego! Seems like the strong get stronger and the weak, well they have no chance! How do I get past this first barrier? Now I have to win twice as many battles against stronger opponents just to get my points back to the starting line of 500, please give some advice!
Ok my advice is TC (Treasure Cards) thats how low level pvp works now. I actually don't care about using tc. As I saw someone else post, I think it ads excitment to the game. I have a Fire level 10 that I'm farming for tickets on he is a Veteran right now.

Wolf, Pyromancer with Pride (Veteran and sometimes Knight)

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Wolf Skullslinger on Mar 18, 2013 wrote:
Ok my advice is TC (Treasure Cards) thats how low level pvp works now. I actually don't care about using tc. As I saw someone else post, I think it ads excitment to the game. I have a Fire level 10 that I'm farming for tickets on he is a Veteran right now.

Wolf, Pyromancer with Pride (Veteran and sometimes Knight)
Seems like low levels using TC's are the norm now. Im not against it, I use them in low level mainly because everyone else does.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
Well professer of ice I think you guys should band treasure cards from player vs player because they cheat with to many tower shields and I think you guys should fix that in pvp thanks

Survivor
Oct 15, 2011
I just think that low level pvp id unfair. They should restrict treasure cards to the level or the school of the user. Makes sense right? shouldn't have a level 25 using efreet on me.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
Sorry I think I posted this comment in the wrong board. I think it might need to be here.

I am upset that our rank was reset to 000 for PVP without any choice. I feel that some of us who have had memberships for years, Many have paid for family accounts for many years and we have worked extremely long and hard to achieve our rank. Some of us have ranks over 1 to 2 thousand and I am not happy with being reset to 000.

Personally, I think we should have had a choice in this matter. We could keep our old rank with the new title and retire our wizard from PVP, not being able to participate unless we agreed to reset our rank to 000. I would have gladly retired my older wizard from PVP while retaining the old rank and new title, and happily started a new wizard with rank 000 for PVP. I am disheartened that we who have worked so hard and long were not given this choice to either retire our wizards, restart or create new ones for PVP.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
recent news said that wizard101 had fixed the pvp problem with puppet team well just come from there and that problem still exist , we did play a team of lvl 90's with a lvl 10 to enter in a match ??????????? why??????????

Survivor
May 28, 2011
how do you get better i am bad.

Learn from your previous defeat and take note what spells do you need to use and try to set spells deck cards and don't forgot the tc cards as well.

Survivor
May 28, 2011
HI is it just me ... or is there a problem in pvp again, My low level wizards are being put up against warlords, I wait several minutes to get into a match that is so uneven. Then last night my team mate fled. I waited to be killed off. But this morning it says I fled and have to wait to five minutes to join. Another isuue is wizards who have been beat coming back to life. There seem to be several problems with pvp that need to be fixed. I would also like to ask why minions and stuns are still allowed.

Hello,First there's no problem in PVP anytime you fled you gotta wait 5 minutes just anyone else also the minions has to leave from pvp stuns can stay its part of the spells its not like a minions that stay and cast it self which is not fair to someone like us just natural skills no minions a touch.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Ok, so I was doing a 1v1 pvp match. I beat my opponent but then their pet healed them after I already won! And then they went on too bet me. I find this extremely unfair

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
Hello Professor, I am level 25 fire wizard and was in a rank pvp match with a fire wizard whose level is 42. Is that even possible? If so, is that even fair for my wizard?

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
pvp is ruined too me because someone always uses weaknesses on me or tower shield xD i am ice too. but balance is so op in pvp it is the most op think ever

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
Is there still going to be a "regular" pvp where its free??? Because when i went to play pvp it was only the one with tournaments and the one where you pay for crowns?!?!?!?!?!?!

Survivor
Nov 19, 2011
I have a question, i am a lvl 5 wizard, and i wanted to get him up to commander, as well as get commander gear. I'm up for doing ranked pvp, but if i lose will i still get arena tickets?

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
I have an idea. You knot w how everyone says, "Oh look at me, I'm an overlord!" They should make a badge for those "overlords". It should be a skull with swords in it, like a skull and crossbones.

Thanks for listening.

~Blake

Survivor
May 16, 2009
Would someone please do something about the use of treasure cards in player verse player, its so unfair and I would like to see how people would actually do without them in pvp, I hope they put a ban to treasure card use during pvp!

Survivor
Oct 20, 2009
To be honest if your going to take your pvp to the next level and make it a big thing which it seems to be right now I think that treasure cards need to be banned from pvp. If people that are new to the game and want to pvp with the low levels they will never win because the other person will use a treasure card and one shot them. Its a lot more fun to play when you learn your class and use the spells that you have learned with your class, not use a treasure card from another class just to win the fight easy and then laugh at the opponent, and make fun of them. Most of the time whoever gets to go first wins automatically just because they used a treasure card. whats the purpose of mastering my class if another person is going to, what I would consider cheating because they have a high level who farmed treasure cards for there low level to win every fight where is the fun in that?

Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
Hello in PvP I have been fighting many extreme bolt spammers. Its unfair to do 1k damage everyround. I think you should ban extreme bolt and wild bolt. I also think that ice gets to much resist. lots of ice have 80 to 100 storm and fire resist for lvl 90.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Jan 22, 2009 wrote:
Since we've introduced our new Player vs Player system, there have been questions, kudos and comments. This is the place for all of those!

Enjoy!
I am lvl 72 pyromancer right now. During my pvp at this level, I constantly keep on getting prometheans, especially storm ones equipped with hades gears. They pierces my armor and spam tempests
I hope KI can fix the PvP system by making your opponents at around the same level as you do. For example, like lvl1-10, lvl 70-80 etc. Please fix this, or else it would be extremely unfair to fight prometheans, especially they are always first. Like 8/10 of my matches against them they are first. How unfair can that get

Survivor
Aug 04, 2013
I love to PvP but I have two issues with PvP.

1. You don't allow bullying behaviour and moderate that on your message board, but what about in the arena? I and many others, see it every time we're in the arena. If you win a match, you're called a "noob" or a "Puppet". People are downright nasty in there. Their behaviour toward other players is disgusting and I do know a few parents whose children, some 6 years old, have filtered chat but wind up in tears because they are so severely bullied in the arena. A friend of mines 10 year old daughter loves to pvp but is constantly driven to tears by the behaviour of others. I'm talking bawling her little eyes out tears. You have Hall Monitors in the commons watching for behaviour of this type, why not start putting them into the arenas? Sure, people can choose to turn off chat bubbles, but it's still shown in the text box. It also means they can't chat with their friends. Not fair at all. Please, for the Family Friendly sake of the game, monitor PvP battles! Mute the bullies!

2. Being reported for winning and then getting muted for it. How is this good moderation of the game? I'm sure many here will tell you that they have also been reported for winning at some point or other. Please, make sure you check the reports BEFORE you mute a player! In the PvP arena, that report button is abused so much! Many of my friends have been reported for winning and then getting muted for that. That's not fair play at all, muting, essentially punishing a player, for winning. This needs to be looked at more closely.

To all fellow PvPers, I implore you, please, remember the player on the other side of that computer may not be as old as you. They may be 6 years old or they may be 12 years old. If you're mad at being beaten, rage in real life, but in the game just say: "gg" and port out. Don't vent on them. It's not their fault that they outsmarted and beat you.