Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Welcome to the Player vs Player Message Board

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 26, 2012
10
Blaze Battlebringe... on Nov 5, 2013 wrote:
I love to PvP but I have two issues with PvP.

1. You don't allow bullying behaviour and moderate that on your message board, but what about in the arena? I and many others, see it every time we're in the arena. If you win a match, you're called a "noob" or a "Puppet". People are downright nasty in there. Their behaviour toward other players is disgusting and I do know a few parents whose children, some 6 years old, have filtered chat but wind up in tears because they are so severely bullied in the arena. A friend of mines 10 year old daughter loves to pvp but is constantly driven to tears by the behaviour of others. I'm talking bawling her little eyes out tears. You have Hall Monitors in the commons watching for behaviour of this type, why not start putting them into the arenas? Sure, people can choose to turn off chat bubbles, but it's still shown in the text box. It also means they can't chat with their friends. Not fair at all. Please, for the Family Friendly sake of the game, monitor PvP battles! Mute the bullies!

2. Being reported for winning and then getting muted for it. How is this good moderation of the game? I'm sure many here will tell you that they have also been reported for winning at some point or other. Please, make sure you check the reports BEFORE you mute a player! In the PvP arena, that report button is abused so much! Many of my friends have been reported for winning and then getting muted for that. That's not fair play at all, muting, essentially punishing a player, for winning. This needs to be looked at more closely.

To all fellow PvPers, I implore you, please, remember the player on the other side of that computer may not be as old as you. They may be 6 years old or they may be 12 years old. If you're mad at being beaten, rage in real life, but in the game just say: "gg" and port out. Don't vent on them. It's not their fault that they outsmarted and beat you.
I completely agree with you.

I think Treasure Card towers are completely acceptable but many people call me a tc noob and tell me to get a life .

Just ignore these people and do not get angry at other people.

Adam Iceshard lvl 74

Brian Titanblade (Commander 874) lvl 34

Survivor
Nov 18, 2011
1
Now normally i don't complain about PvP haven't ever complained not one bit in the last2 1/2 years ask anyone on my friends list that watches me PvP I'm usually don't have a response to losing other than my opponent had a better strategy than i had or i made one wrong move. Now for the first time I'm here to complain my ranks have gone from the 2000's to now my storm being about 1300 and my balance 816 because of Hades gear and the add-ons of the shadow magic it is impossible no matter what i do to block any criminal with this gear and I'm sure I'm not the only one plenty of my friends have even said my matches are unfair and i myself believe that shadow magic and Hades Zeus and Poseidens gear should be no PvP. This gear and this magic is taking all the fun and strategic ways out of PvP because it's a single one hit kill now no matter what. So now i feel i have no reason to by crowns for tournaments or membership for PvP until this is changed.
Jack Shadow level 64,Pvp
rank warlord 1218Chase Shadow level 76,Pvp rank
commander 819Mark Shadow level 30,pvp

rank sergeant 596 w8-l2

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
4
Hey guys, I am a storm wizard lev 25 atm. I don't have any great spells for pvp purposes. I was thinking of 2 strategies. 1. wild bolt spamming (noob move) 2. triton. which one will get me to warlord faster? thanks!

Explorer
Sep 20, 2011
50
Blaze Seacloud on Nov 25, 2013 wrote:
Hey guys, I am a storm wizard lev 25 atm. I don't have any great spells for pvp purposes. I was thinking of 2 strategies. 1. wild bolt spamming (noob move) 2. triton. which one will get me to warlord faster? thanks!
In my opinion you need a mix of both. Small spells, snake, bats or bolt to break shields and Triton for final defeat. Don't forget your health is too low and you need to make a fast move before they defeat you.

On the side you can make some bats and sharks with monstrous or even snakes those are free +125 attack. (you can buy them in bazar or ask a friend-high level wizard to buy them for you in archivist)

don't forget to get a pet with fairy and double resist (15%) and some gear with some resist if possible.

Good luck .

Defender
Apr 07, 2012
136
Survivor
Mar 23, 2010
1
gd1234 on Jul 12, 2009 wrote:
Is KI going to fix the PvP anytime soon like restricting it to levels 1-10, 11-20, ect or have a simular system like the non-rank pvp? Instead of this ranking system you have in place where a level 20 gets pited against a level 40 because of his rank.

You really need to let us know so we can either pick up a new MMO or accept that KI is not going to do anything about dueling situation and just live with it so we can stop making a lot of threads on the subject.

Thx
It is now almost 2014, and this continues to be a big problem, despite KI saying this was to be fixed. You have level 50 players with high ranks playing against level 95 that have no rank, and there is no way to win when there is as many new spells and power a level that high has against a level 50, no matter how good the lower level is. Is very unfair, and one of the reasons we see the amount of PVP players diminishing. I watched 5 matches in a row in which a level 50 faced a level 95. Some of us like to play at lower levels because it is more like the old PVP, and we should be able to do that fairly.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2013
2
I got enough arena points from loosing and getting in 16th place in tourneys. I got a lot from loosing and sometimes winning I gave up on pvp people always calling me spammer noob or noob or reporting me for no reason or making fun of me and insulting me passing through the text chat filter and saying stuff like you so ak ( meaning you suck ) or cursing at me by doing the things like the example I gave, I made it to warlord once I was really trying to gain the respect from the warlords in there but they still made fun of me saying things like "have fun loosing warlord" or "noob" I simply gave up on it. I just couldn't take it any longer so I quit it, but I always saw others with guardians vestment and cool mounts I finally got some mounts but I can't afford guardian's vestment not even with gold so Im trying to gain it by becoming commander and buying it since I have so many arena points to buy it but no matter how hard I try I can't, Im not good at pvp I was in sergeant ten minutes ago now i'm back to private I will never get to commander.. and specially I'll never get to warlord I am really bad at pvp but I really want the Coat Of Invincibility I already have the arena points for it and I know I can't use it other than for pvp but so many other people stitched it, I thought I could too I only have 145 crowns, enough to stich it but please KingIsle ake able for me to buy it even if I am commander you can make it that I can't use it till commander but let us buy it as long as we can afford it with arena points..

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
7
Sorceress Moria on Aug 22, 2009 wrote:
Can someone explain to me why absorb shields don't work in PVP? As a Life Wizard it's my main defense while I try to build up pips. I'm tired of losing all the time. Thanks.
well in having spirit shield, some death spells like vampire, ghoul, dr.von, and other sap health spells like those cancel out your shield, so that could be why your main defense doesn't work, I suggest you find another one, because you can't rely too much on just one shield.

balance wizard level 45.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2014
3
Umm I don't know what up with the pvp but I should not be facing level 6 people, nor do I think that you should be able to use treasure cards in pvp. We should make a new pvp system where one you use treasure cards one you don't or just change it only let tc be used for soloing dungeons or you know other stuff or just be able to use them during tournaments and let pvp be nothing but true talent of class and skill.

Ps-( Whom ever reads this I hope you send this message through because I honestly think we should make a few changes in pvp If you would please And thanks.)

Survivor
Jan 19, 2012
13
scotdeathhammer wrote:
hello greyrose i have been seeing a very bad thing in the arena people ranking down i have seen more then one person with a way low rank way under -130 and have arena gear they rank down gain tickets FOR FREE and then get to fight (young wizards) or they fight with there friends that have a huge rank they win they get 30 points they dont win they lose 4 or a very low number of points this is not fair at all to anyone and there has been a lot of people playing the -1 rank bug and there is something about hitting alt and something i am not she what it will to someone told me you fizzle and i find it very odd i have fizzled 4 or 5 lords i made 96% and have seen many blades fizzle as well as spells over 100% that are not blades or traps WHY WHY WHY and i have been seeing like of people change out to steal rank from people WHEN ARE YOU GONNA FIX THIS STUFF IT SURE WOULD BE NICE I MEAN WE PAY GOOD MONEY FOR A GAME i can think of a lot that needs some work in and out of the arena when are YOU KI WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS sure would be nice to see fair fights and it would be fun to pvp really its not right now and i am sure i am not the only one that feels that way i really would like to hear back on this even if its a nope its all fine we are not gonna fix anything something is better then nothing scot deathhammer
Dude clam down take a breath the problems are being fixed slow but surely Blaze deathbringer lvl 50 warlord the last true survivor

Survivor
May 27, 2009
5
i hope i making this message correctly sense this my first time posting i think on the message boreds or first time in a long time i would like to say that there is something wrong with cloak if you guys are not all rdy aware it does not go away i also would like to say that i strongly think some of the schools spells in pvp should be put like insane to only be used by that school for example smoke screen it is now being stacked by fires again this would of been ok but now it is being combinded with the myth and fire stun and cards like sirens to make it very unfair i went into a match first turn stunned second turn stacked with smokes we all fizzled even though i had plenty of accuracy third turn stacked smokes again with a sirens equal triple stacked on the life only person that lived she then fizzled next turn dead i have seen worse my concerns are to help try an save the pvp system i hope you and the community are listening and might help to fix these problems sorry for miss spelled words and ty all for listening

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Tdoggkillz on Sep 19, 2009 wrote:
Alright, I have a question for all those experienced PvP players out there.

I've seen many a high ranking PvPer pulling out the Elemental and Spirit shields, and they're extremely useful. I'd like to add these to my deck, and I've already got the Elemental shield from the balance tree. HOWEVER, I'm having trouble acquiring the Spirit shield.

For the record, I'm a lvl 44 Ice/Myth wizard. So, the question IS; how can I get the Spirit Shield without creating another character as Balance?
If it a tc card check the bazaar.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2012
2
I like pvp it is pretty cool but a lot of people complain about getting beat i go with the flow you win some you lose some but what i dont like is i have been reported for beating someone in pvp and all i said is gg/good game and they reported me. i got muted for 6 days to and i was kind of mad but i got over it well yesterday it happened again now i am muted for 6 days.

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
160
Tdoggkillz on Sep 19, 2009 wrote:
Alright, I have a question for all those experienced PvP players out there.

I've seen many a high ranking PvPer pulling out the Elemental and Spirit shields, and they're extremely useful. I'd like to add these to my deck, and I've already got the Elemental shield from the balance tree. HOWEVER, I'm having trouble acquiring the Spirit shield.

For the record, I'm a lvl 44 Ice/Myth wizard. So, the question IS; how can I get the Spirit Shield without creating another character as Balance?
you get spirit shield from completing cyclops lane.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
shadowsniper49 on Feb 26, 2014 wrote:
I like pvp it is pretty cool but a lot of people complain about getting beat i go with the flow you win some you lose some but what i dont like is i have been reported for beating someone in pvp and all i said is gg/good game and they reported me. i got muted for 6 days to and i was kind of mad but i got over it well yesterday it happened again now i am muted for 6 days.
That doesn't sound fair where you in a rank pvp doing 2v2?

If the balance wizard name Amy and the other one was name Morgan.

I will stop reports if it gets people muted I didn't know that could happen so going to stop now.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2011
1
i have joined the tourney today the 2v2 tourney my team is Halston and alia wildwilder has joined too and her team name is Lydia i won in 1st round, 2nd round and 3rd round and i lost in fourth and alia wildwilder won in 1st round she lost in 2nd round win in 3rd round and 4th round how come she got 1st place and i got second we both have one lost that was supposed to be a tie in 1st place how come her points is higher than me i know alia wildwilder is working for KI that's really cheat i should have gotten the first place too that's not fair i deserve an explanation why was it not a tie in 1st i'm adult and i'm not stupid about that i know Alia wildwilder is a KI employee KI employees is not suppose to be able to tourney because she knows the background investigate this that was really a tie my points 355 and her points is higher wow that was supposed to be a tie that's really a cheat.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
mrstormman on Mar 10, 2014 wrote:
i have joined the tourney today the 2v2 tourney my team is Halston and alia wildwilder has joined too and her team name is Lydia i won in 1st round, 2nd round and 3rd round and i lost in fourth and alia wildwilder won in 1st round she lost in 2nd round win in 3rd round and 4th round how come she got 1st place and i got second we both have one lost that was supposed to be a tie in 1st place how come her points is higher than me i know alia wildwilder is working for KI that's really cheat i should have gotten the first place too that's not fair i deserve an explanation why was it not a tie in 1st i'm adult and i'm not stupid about that i know Alia wildwilder is a KI employee KI employees is not suppose to be able to tourney because she knows the background investigate this that was really a tie my points 355 and her points is higher wow that was supposed to be a tie that's really a cheat.
Tourney is awaste of crowns to do those and i need my crowns to make weird mask look better. And I only done 2 tourneys so far fist time I didn't get a good rank the second time I was rank 2nd or third. I think you should pay one time to do all the matches to make it fair.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
6
1v1:
I've been PvP'ing in the game ever since I've started. I know it's weaknesses and strengths. But some of the recent changes in PvP make me not even want to duel anymore. Constantly, with a rating of 2500 (Level 50) I am getting max levels (Level 95) who wear the Hades critical gear, and there is no way I can win. This causes me to sink to 2300, where PvP is just barely easier. So I get my rank back to 2500 and the same thing happens. I want to get past 2500 and venture onto 2600 or 2700, it just seems impossible with the craziness of the unfair advantage in level.
Puppets:
The term, "puppet" can mean a lot of things to PvP'ers. To me, it means a problem. For all of those out there who are unaware of what a "puppet" is, it's a PvP team (most commonly found in 2v2) where one character on the team has a significant level difference than their partner (it's usually done only in Ranked PvP). People puppet to get lower levels to PvP them and therefore it's an easier win. I thought Kingsisle fixed this a few updates ago, but it still happens to me. I can usually get around puppets, but sometimes they are impossible to defeat when one person is level 10 and the other person on that team is level 95.

This is resulting in me not wanting to PvP anymore, because it just seems pointless now, at least to me.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
I don't think a warlord should help a veteran in rank pvp if higher wizards can't help lower lvl then warlords can't help lower rank pvp.

I call it puppetting if higher lvl then it's puppetting for warlords to help lower ranks in pvp.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
2
I think that it is unfair to put privets in with commanders in pvps. It should be divided by ranking a level because I`m level 90 but I`m also only a privet. Then I go up agenst Level 90 and commanders and I get defeated in the first 5 minutes so make an update for that please

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Landonrex on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
I think that it is unfair to put privets in with commanders in pvps. It should be divided by ranking a level because I`m level 90 but I`m also only a privet. Then I go up agenst Level 90 and commanders and I get defeated in the first 5 minutes so make an update for that please
I agree with you.

But I don't think king isle cares that much about others people that are trying to rank up.

Amy lvl 95

Survivor
Mar 16, 2013
6
i used judgement in pvp all the time but these days every time i do i hit 1494839

it is strange but awesome i am a first age warlord

Survivor
May 02, 2014
38
steve8081 on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
i used judgement in pvp all the time but these days every time i do i hit 1494839

it is strange but awesome i am a first age warlord
I'm might get to warlord soon.

And I ask warlords stuff but it didn't help me at all.
Warlords told me to practice a lot in practice pvp I only did it once then quited.

And went straite into rank pvp and I did pretty good with bad stats I went to veteran then at night time I lost a lot of rank like in 2 nights I was back to private.

So I did a little bit of questing and I got my old account to give me some tc.

Then I got to rank pvp Sargent then I quest till lvl 15 and bought new deck and a new outfit and a few more tc
That how I got to pvp veteran back.

And I did rank pvp for a little longer but 1 of my friends gave me a gift to help me.

Now I'm a pvp captain and my goul is to get commander robe

Kymma lvl 16

PS:

You don't have to practice in practice pvp that just wrong. If I didn't have to you don't either
And we ranked player should stop calling private noobs it hurts there's feeling and it hurts your feeling when they call you a tc noob or a name that is a foul word.

I get called a name because I only play as a girl wizard and the game didn't say guys have to play as guys and girls don't have to play as just girls they can play as guys to.

So stop calling names please. And you get to choose the wizard you want to play as.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
7
i love pvp and pvp allot whenever i got the chance. but quit a few months ago and ever since i got back i noticed pvp 1v1 in particular is broke (not literally) worse then before. i get the the match ups arent based on level but rank and it was always fine like that before. but when i came back and started getting lvl 90+ again i noticed each and every one had a critical exceeding 350+ and it makes it difficult on me since i pvp on a low level. we cant possibly hope to get a block high enough to stop those especially the ones that make it over 500 like storm or fire. ik some people would just tell me to rank down if i want fair matches and thats fine too but i still like ranking up and seeing how far i can go.

ive also noticed that puppet fighting is slowing starting to return again. as far as i can see in teams some people dont really have much of a problem but still the reset was suppose to deal with puppets even if just a little bit. id love to see everything in pvp based more on lvl like how practice matches are. where u can dictate the lvl only slightly different changing how much of a lvl difference is allowed for team matches would be a great start if something like that is possible for team matches. cant really think of a way to change 1v1 even tho it bothers me having to deal with critical like that. could filter the levels a bit more with it tho now that critical has became a major player in pvp

also this is slightly related to pvp i ran into a jade death lvl 90 who spammed bad juju and allot of them as for an idea for a spell. to deal with a strategy like that a mass cleanse charm would definitely be needed and be available as a tc in the case of a low lvl getting stuck with someone who uses that strategy. it would certainly be allot of help there

Survivor
May 02, 2014
38
ShadowMaster4532 on Nov 19, 2013 wrote:
Now normally i don't complain about PvP haven't ever complained not one bit in the last2 1/2 years ask anyone on my friends list that watches me PvP I'm usually don't have a response to losing other than my opponent had a better strategy than i had or i made one wrong move. Now for the first time I'm here to complain my ranks have gone from the 2000's to now my storm being about 1300 and my balance 816 because of Hades gear and the add-ons of the shadow magic it is impossible no matter what i do to block any criminal with this gear and I'm sure I'm not the only one plenty of my friends have even said my matches are unfair and i myself believe that shadow magic and Hades Zeus and Poseidens gear should be no PvP. This gear and this magic is taking all the fun and strategic ways out of PvP because it's a single one hit kill now no matter what. So now i feel i have no reason to by crowns for tournaments or membership for PvP until this is changed.
Jack Shadow level 64,Pvp
rank warlord 1218Chase Shadow level 76,Pvp rank
commander 819Mark Shadow level 30,pvp

rank sergeant 596 w8-l2
Use jade gear it takes a lot longer for a person to beat you

Kymma lvl 25 balance now and I'm a commander in rank pvp because I lost my warlord rank.