Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Welcome to Dragonspyre!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 27, 2015
How long is this world, I was just wondering, I don't want my 1 month membership to expire while mid way through

Sincerely Paul LightHorn Level 40

Survivor
Jul 20, 2011
Paul LightHorn on May 25, 2017 wrote:
How long is this world, I was just wondering, I don't want my 1 month membership to expire while mid way through

Sincerely Paul LightHorn Level 40
I basicly just started this world, but I do think it is pretty long. There is a person that made Quest Trees for multiple worlds, you should go check them out for some help on that. Once you get to the quest "The Final Countdown", you are almost done. Also, the Membership does repeat itself, so if you can afford it it will use that money to repeat its membership (I think). Here's the link to it http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Dragonspyre_Quest_Tree#axzz4jAyC8yOQ.
If you need any extra help, just ask a person who completed it or one of the admins or mods.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
I have been playing Wizard101 for a long time and when I started playing the game it was very fun and I enjoyed it very much. When DragonSpyre was first released it was a very big challenge to the player. The bosses and creatures had a lot of health, the gauntlets had many floors, quests required more effort and more time to complete and it was overall a much bigger challenge. Sometime in 2010, KingsIsle lowered the difficulty of Dragonspyre and basically nerfed Dragonspyre to make way for Celestia. Honestly, Celestia was really hard when it was released. A lot of the bosses cheated a lot and it was a cool challenge, a step up from Dragonspyre. But I feel as though the nerf was unnecessary because the original Celestia was much harder than the pre-nerf Dragonspyre. And then Celestia was nerfed shortly after. Today, in 2017 heading into 2018, the nerfing to the first arc worlds is becoming ridiculous. The teleport stones are already activated, the health of bosses and creatures is at an all time low. The time and effort to complete a world is so little that it isn't even a challenge anymore. The difficulty of Dragonspyre to a Master (level 40-49) in 2009 is just about equivalent to the difficulty of Mirage to a Prodigious (level 110-119) in 2017. Nowadays it is very easy for a master to solo and complete Dragonspyre with little effort. It used to be a team effort where you needed a friend to help you complete your quest. It is too late for KingsIsle to do anything about this because the damage is done. It is coincidental because the game's success peaked sometime between 2009-2010 when the game had its magical touch to it. To me that magical feel to the game is gone, and that is why I am posting this.

Defender
Jul 01, 2015
Hello I seem to have a problem with the cyborg I mean the Loremaster. Umm she seems to be cross with me . It is said that she drops spells but I defeated her 8 times and never got a spell. I think she wants to keep them all for herself how selfish

Andrew

Defender
Jul 01, 2015
I went to get the whistel for Cinder in the Crystal tower and there was a boss and a kyanite crystalmancer they were ghosts so i casted an undead animus and meteor strike but it told me that they were the wrong monster type. I am sure that I casted undead animus as it is the only one I have.
Can someone pls help me.

Andrew

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
matveixx on Jul 15, 2018 wrote:
I went to get the whistel for Cinder in the Crystal tower and there was a boss and a kyanite crystalmancer they were ghosts so i casted an undead animus and meteor strike but it told me that they were the wrong monster type. I am sure that I casted undead animus as it is the only one I have.
Can someone pls help me.

Andrew
We'd expect them to be collectable with the undead enchant but unfortunately they're not. They either haven't been added yet or will get a category of their own at some point (eg 'wizard').

We can't see which creatures are collectable when we enchant a multi-hit (clicking it puts the spell in) but when we try it on a single hit we can then see which monsters it affects when we decide who to aim it at.

I hope that helps.

Defender
Jul 01, 2015
Oh ok thnx (sry for late reply)
I battled against them 5 times trying to get animus but then i gave up.
Thnx for the info
Andrew

Survivor
Mar 01, 2016
I just really love Dragonspyre, by the way, I feel like it was prefectly balanced throughout the entire world. I don't know what most people complain about with Dragonspyre now. Thanks for keeping this world awesome! Love Dragonspyre, favorite world by far.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
I’ve been playing this game for years and i finally got to dragonspyre hopefully it’s alright

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
emcrabtree on Oct 7, 2018 wrote:
I’ve been playing this game for years and i finally got to dragonspyre hopefully it’s alright
If you like dragons you'll probably love it! Though I'm not so sure about the spiders...shudder!

Survivor
Jan 12, 2015
A couple things:

1. If you don't like tower dungeons then you might not enjoy it.

2. Labyrinth is probably the worst part of the world.

3. If you like monstrology almost every enemy is capturable, the only ones who are not are the class of enemy called wizards. This includes Malistare, Vladimir Darkflame and a couple others.

4. It has a great storyline, the Great Spyre has a great ending.

5. If you don't like bosses some areas are annoying. The Plaza of Conquests has 5 hard bosses, The Crucible has some challenging bosses as well.

It was my least favorite world but I still enjoyed it very much.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2019
The one strategy that really helped me through DS with my was using feint, ice traps, and ice blades. It helps so much more than you would think it does. I was one-hit KOing bosses with a blizzard with this strategy.

~Noah Mistshard Lv. 49 ice

Survivor
Dec 24, 2019
Hello i was wondering if anyone could help me quest in dragonspire i am a lvl 44 death and my name is wolf shadow i have been struggling on it plz help.

Survivor
Sep 29, 2020
wolfiejaws on Jan 12, 2020 wrote:
Hello i was wondering if anyone could help me quest in dragonspire i am a lvl 44 death and my name is wolf shadow i have been struggling on it plz help.
My best advice is that you level up. 44 is a level with which you should quest in MooShu. Go back to previous worlds and do side quests till you reach level 50-52.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2013
So, I don't know if anyone is getting this issue, but mobs in dragonspyre have suddenly been able to critical doing like, 1.6 k damage after the update???? Thats NOT supposed to be happening as you get a crit intro at level 60. Sooooo what's happening here??? Did the update do something it wasnt supposed to?

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
masterlucas100 on Nov 18, 2020 wrote:
So, I don't know if anyone is getting this issue, but mobs in dragonspyre have suddenly been able to critical doing like, 1.6 k damage after the update???? Thats NOT supposed to be happening as you get a crit intro at level 60. Sooooo what's happening here??? Did the update do something it wasnt supposed to?

Survivor
Aug 21, 2013
Hello to all wizards. I am not new to the game.(have 4 accounts) but I am new to crafting. I have been doing good until I got to Dragonspyre. My problem is I can not find the recipe vender that has the recipe for the crimson book stand. can someone help me to find it please. I list of all venders would be great if there is one or if ssomeone could make one. Thank you for taking the time to read this..Respectfully Brandon Battlebringer

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
dgbrannan on Jun 6, 2021 wrote:
Hello to all wizards. I am not new to the game.(have 4 accounts) but I am new to crafting. I have been doing good until I got to Dragonspyre. My problem is I can not find the recipe vender that has the recipe for the crimson book stand. can someone help me to find it please. I list of all venders would be great if there is one or if ssomeone could make one. Thank you for taking the time to read this..Respectfully Brandon Battlebringer
Toshio sells the recipe for the crimson bookstore in Mooshu, Jade Palace. To get a list of vendors, try visiting wizard101central.com. there is alot of helpful in-game information and you should be able to find out different vendors by world, even if you Google Dragonspyre recipe vendors.