Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stop healing! That's cheating!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
No, it's not. I'm tired of people in PvP telling me that they're going to "report" me if I heal and that healing is considered "cheating."

If healing was considered cheating - It wouldn't even be in the game in the first plays.
MILLIONS of players would be breaking the rules.
There wouldn't be so many ways to heal in the game.
The Life school wouldn't exist, along with many other spells.

I'm a Life student (level 47), and have been playing this game for well over two years. The maturity in PvP and understand rules has dropped since this first came out. I cannot tell you how many times I get falsely reported because I heal.

Telling a life student not to heal is like telling a Myth student you can't summon help.
Telling a Storm student that they're not allowed to use blades/traps because their spells are strong enough as is.
Or telling a Balance student they can't Judgment because it's way too "overpowered".

Come on now, it's not that it's cheating, or it's unfair. It's that people are becoming lazy in their strategies and refuse to learn new ones to get back at their opponent and finish them off.

Thanks -
Jesse DeathHeart, Master Theurgist, player of Wizard101 for over two years.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
MysticMight11 wrote:
No, it's not. I'm tired of people in PvP telling me that they're going to "report" me if I heal and that healing is considered "cheating."

If healing was considered cheating - It wouldn't even be in the game in the first plays.

I'm a Life student (level 47), and have been playing this game for well over two years. The maturity in PvP and understand rules has dropped since this first came out. I cannot tell you how many times I get falsely reported because I heal.

Telling a life student not to heal is like telling a Myth student you can't summon help.
Telling a Storm student that they're not allowed to use blades/traps because their spells are strong enough as is.
Or telling a Balance student they can't Judgment because it's way too "overpowered".

Come on now, it's not that it's cheating, or it's unfair. It's that people are becoming lazy in their strategies and refuse to learn new ones to get back at their opponent and finish them off.

Thanks -
I had and idea that KI refuses to post for some reason, but I think they make customed pvp to where you can pick your rules, say you dont want charms or wards turn them off. No healing? you got it. No enchantments allowed? Just say so. And the system will find someone with your rules exact. Also there is a standard mode to do normal pvp.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
My theurgist heals in PvP, but that isn't her primary strategy. Iridian expects to fight in PvP. Unfortunately, some theurgists enter PvP with the intention of doing nothing but healing until their opponents give up due to lack of time. It might not be cheating to use this non-strategy, but it isn't exactly PvPing either. What's the point of entering PvP to stand around and heal?

IMHO, a good theurgist knows how to heal AND attack. Otherwise the theurgist has not mastered her/his school of magic.

Scarlet Ravensong, PvP Veteran

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
omg this is soooo true people need to realize that if they dont shield or heal cause its "cheating" then they dont report other people for doing it. they obviously havent seen chain stunning before if they think thats cheating

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
MysticMight.....I love what you posted above, it made me laugh laugh laugh. I too have had many wizards say that I shouldnt heal because it is cheating, and here I am pvping with my Life wizard! lol I would say back to them, I am life and more than half my spells are heal spells! lol Life heals thats what are school does. I have also had opponents tell me that using my myth minion was also cheating.
I guess folks will complain, call people names, say its cheating to just about anything if it doesnt allow them to win or go their way. KI most of us love PVP, dont make changes based upon those few that complain about any and all spells that are used against them.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
EvilDroid wrote:
I too have had many wizards say that I shouldnt heal because it is cheating, and here I am pvping with my Life wizard! lol I would say back to them, I am life and more than half my spells are heal spells! lol Life heals thats what are school does.

Right, but is your only strategy to heal repeatedly for the entire match? If you don't actually fight, you aren't PvPing. Instead, you are wasting the time of whomever is on the other side of the circle.

As I said earlier, I PvP with my theurgist, but she expects to do damage and take damage in a match, not cast heal after heal until her opponent gives up.
PvP is a fighting contest, not a stand around and heal over and over contest.

While it is true that a theurgist's spells are about half heals, the other half are damage and enchantment spells. A theurgist who cannot fight is a theurgist who has not mastered half of her/his school's magical power.

Scarlet Ravensong, Pvp Veteran
Rowan Earthsong, PvP Veteran

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
There noobs. everytime some one does this, wheter its healing or chain stunning or shielding, i immediatly do the exact opposite of what there saying. so he says "dont heal, or i report!!!!" i rebirth.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
queenlybluebean wrote:
My theurgist heals in PvP, but that isn't her primary strategy. Iridian expects to fight in PvP. Unfortunately, some theurgists enter PvP with the intention of doing nothing but healing until their opponents give up due to lack of time. It might not be cheating to use this non-strategy, but it isn't exactly PvPing either. What's the point of entering PvP to stand around and heal?

IMHO, a good theurgist knows how to heal AND attack. Otherwise the theurgist has not mastered her/his school of magic.

Scarlet Ravensong, PvP Veteran

It's not that I heal all the time. It's that I heal when I'm at low health, which makes sense. However, people still feel the need to complain about it.

I'm not going to watch myself drop down to 500 health and not do anything about it.

The point of PvP is to be able to battle other wizards with unique and your own custom strategies. Not complain when someone tower shields when you attack, or if someone dispels you.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
bravevline wrote:
MysticMight11 wrote:

Thanks -
I had and idea that KI refuses to post for some reason, but I think they make customed pvp to where you can pick your rules, say you dont want charms or wards turn them off. No healing? you got it. No enchantments allowed? Just say so. And the system will find someone with your rules exact. Also there is a standard mode to do normal pvp.

Thats just cheap. Without blades or traps it would be really hard to deafeat other people. Another problem is that if your a weaker school, like mine cause i am life, you wouldnt be able to do much damage.

Andrew Legendary Life
Noah Sandblade Adept Myth

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
bravevline wrote:
MysticMight11 wrote:

Thanks -
Great idea, i used to play runescape and before you pvp, you and your opponent would turn pvp options on and off.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
It's not that I heal all the time. It's that I heal when I'm at low health, which makes sense. However, people still feel the need to complain about it.

Oh, I agree with you about healing at appropriate times. Obviously, the timely heal is an exceptional strategy for PvP.

The only problem I have is theurgists who come to ranked PvP with nothing but heals and reshuffles in their decks. What's the point in that?

Survivor
Feb 26, 2009
This is getting annoying it's like the person is almost dead and the pet heals them before your turn. I really hate those pets. I don't think they should bann healing its like banning shields and blades and pvps would last longer I mean way longer so this isn't really cheating its just part of the game

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Healing is cheating? Since when? And by the way, healing is not a reportable offense, and if you report someone for it, you will either be ignored or get get into trouble. And as for the spritely pets, if it bothers you that much, get your own. Trust me, you'll love being healed. Of course, my Lucy keeps healing me after the battle, so I guess it doesn't help much :-)

Survivor
May 20, 2009
Finnally a player with so common sense! I have been sick of seeing healing complaint after healing complaint. For once there is someone who is saying that there is nothing wrong with PvP. There is nothing wrong with healing and there never was.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:
EvilDroid wrote:
I too have had many wizards say that I shouldnt heal because it is cheating, and here I am pvping with my Life wizard! lol I would say back to them, I am life and more than half my spells are heal spells! lol Life heals thats what are school does.

Right, but is your only strategy to heal repeatedly for the entire match? If you don't actually fight, you aren't PvPing. Instead, you are wasting the time of whomever is on the other side of the circle.

As I said earlier, I PvP with my theurgist, but she expects to do damage and take damage in a match, not cast heal after heal until her opponent gives up.

While it is true that a theurgist's spells are about half heals, the other half are damage and enchantment spells. A theurgist who cannot fight is a theurgist who has not mastered half of her/his school's magical power.

Yeah right, like your veteran. and PvPing can be just healing so...

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
jtip7 wrote:
Finnally a player with so common sense! I have been sick of seeing healing complaint after healing complaint. For once there is someone who is saying that there is nothing wrong with PvP. There is nothing wrong with healing and there never was.
lol your complaining about complainers who complain

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:
EvilDroid wrote:

NO I do not heal and heal and not hit!!!!!! I said half of a life wizards spells are heal spells so of course I heal, but to imply that I dont hit is not true. I have made it to warlord with a good combo of hitting and healing. YOU dont become warlord based upon waiting for others to give up because all you do is heal. Even my others wizards heal, lol. BUT I will not let another wizard rush me into hitting, and I will only hit when I am ready, if that means I heal 2 times in a row so be it. I hit when my pips are high and I can hit consecutively. I use this strategy with my other wizards too, you shield, you trap, you blade, you heal, until you have enough (or close enough) to hit your opponent one after another. Usually I will start off with my fire elfs to take out any towers and go from there. so no I do not just heal, do you?

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
I agree, healing is not cheating.:D But one of the most emportant skills in combat, even though I'm a Fire wizard myself and one of the only spell that encluds healing in the Fire School is "Link". Healing is very emportant no less.

Fire Wizard,
Alexander Dragontamer
Level: 28
1st School: Fire(of course because it's awesome.)
2nd School: Balance(because it's awesome too.)

P.S. Good luck with PVP and the rest of the game.

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
MysticMight11 wrote:

Thanks -

I know it's so annoying. I've never encountered it before but i know how you feel. I mean seriously healing is not cheating. It's a way of lasting longer in a duel. The people that are saying that healing is CHEATING are only sore losers. They just can't except the fact they lost. If they report you for healing their will be a high chance of THEM being banned instead, becuase reporting for a childish or "lame" reason will not get you banned.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
EvilDroid wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:
EvilDroid wrote:

NO I do not heal and heal and not hit!!!!!! I said half of a life wizards spells are heal spells so of course I heal, but to imply that I dont hit is not true. I have made it to warlord with a good combo of hitting and healing. YOU dont become warlord based upon waiting for others to give up because all you do is heal. Even my others wizards heal, lol. BUT I will not let another wizard rush me into hitting, and I will only hit when I am ready, if that means I heal 2 times in a row so be it. I hit when my pips are high and I can hit consecutively. I use this strategy with my other wizards too, you shield, you trap, you blade, you heal, until you have enough (or close enough) to hit your opponent one after another. Usually I will start off with my fire elfs to take out any towers and go from there. so no I do not just heal, do you?

Took that a bit personally, didn't you?

Please recognize the difference between a direct assumption about YOU and an observation of the more general nature.

LOL, I do know how to set up for a blitz, but thanks for the lesson

Scarlet, Rowan, Iridian

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
jmcjmc1 wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:
EvilDroid wrote:

Yeah right, like your veteran. and PvPing can be just healing so...

Um, did you just call me a liar? My, my, getting ever so personal. What was the point of your reply, other than to be rude?

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
I think its quite easy for the people on the other side who fight the people who only heal. They dont have to bother much with healing themselves, not to many shields, and you can just stack blades and traps till they are dead. Depending on the wizard they probably have shields too so you have to work around that but then just kill them in 1 turn if your second and 2 if your first. :D (this doesn't always work for me though)

Anyway healing isn't cheating in pvp. Its just because the other people are jealous that you can use those spells.

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
Those of you who fought an enemy in PvP who heals a lot. PATIENCE! Then they'll run ut of mana/cards and lose!

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
sparky1233334444 wrote:
Those of you who fought an enemy in PvP who heals a lot. PATIENCE! Then they'll run ut of mana/cards and lose!

hmm well you cant run out of mana in pvp and neither do bosses so that isnt exactly true but if the person heals to much you can easily keep taking shields then one or too turn kill them

liam titanflame commander :D
angel shadowrider captain :-)

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Stop wasting your time arguing or listening to these people. Use one of the best features KI has put in game. Ignore Player!