Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stop healing! That's cheating!!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 17, 2010
Really wow!! Thats crazy i mean if you are low on life and you are determined to win it then heal yourself no body can stop you from doing it! Thats the whole fun of it is you have low life and heal and then you just keep playing!! I cant believe people do that, i positive they do it to im sure they just do it to looks stronger and tougher then other people...

Alexandria
lvl 53 Ice

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
Healing is NOT cheating. If it was, Nobody would heal. Healing is a giant part of wizard101. I mean like, where would we be without healing? I bet no one would have even beat malistaire then. To all you report healers out there, Like to see you win a battle.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
While it is true that a theurgist's spells are about half heals, the other half are damage and enchantment spells. A theurgist who cannot fight is a theurgist who has not mastered half of her/his school's magical power.

Excuse me? Healing is part of a life wizards nature, like it or not. I heal and heal and do damage, I'm not about to just stand there and die when I have a healing spell in hand LMBO, that's just crazy . My suggestion to the complainers, figure out a way to increase your spells damage to kill in basically one shot. I've played against many many wizards that have adapted that strategy with a life wizard. After all, we're not invincible, just crafty :)

Keira Lifeheart Legendary Life Wizard

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
The end answer for PvP in any game is win by whatever means you can. People will always simply find the best way they can win in PvP.

People may not like another person's strategy and whine and cry that they are "cheating" because they use any and every tool the system gives them.

People who expect you to fight in PvP while handicapping your self intentionally are <insert bad term here>.

Ignore them and continue to win.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
Listen i hate it when people in a pvp heal to but its not cheating. Healing is a part of the game as is critical. Just use spells to stop them like life dispel or the one that takes half of the health away. Healing is very useful we all love and hate it.

Jonathan Walker lvl 60 Balance
Jonathan Lifehunter lvl 42 Death
Jonathan Storm lvl 7 Storm

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Mimitoo wrote:
While it is true that a theurgist's spells are about half heals, the other half are damage and enchantment spells. A theurgist who cannot fight is a theurgist who has not mastered half of her/his school's magical power.

Excuse me? Healing is part of a life wizards nature, like it or not. I heal and heal and do damage, I'm not about to just stand there and die when I have a healing spell in hand LMBO, that's just crazy . My suggestion to the complainers, figure out a way to increase your spells damage to kill in basically one shot. I've played against many many wizards that have adapted that strategy with a life wizard. After all, we're not invincible, just crafty :)

Keira Lifeheart Legendary Life Wizard

Hi Keira,

I don't know why you quoted me, when I have stated repeatedly in various threads that it isn't cheating to heal in PVP. In fact, the quote you included has nothing to do with cheating, does it? It is true that a good theurgist knows how to fight AND heal, isn't it? My legendary theurgist is alway ready to cast Forest Lord when need arises, and then to turn around and cast Unicorn for a nice critical 1200 heal all 8) I would assume that yours is too, as you are also a legendary theurgist.

What I DID say earlier, in the message from which you snipped a quote, is that the "strategy" to do nothing but heal in PVP is lame, and it's annoying to the opponent. I just don't see the point in entering a ranked match with nothing but heals and heal boosts in one's deck.

Regardless, a prepared wizard has infection, life dispel, and black mantle in her deck just for this scenario

If you read my other posts on cheating in PVP, and there are many of them, you would have seen that I maintain that no strategy a wizard devises is cheating, regardless of whether the opponent approves of that strategy or not, as long as the plays are within the bounds of KI's rules. I come down on the side of following the game rules in all situations.

Regards,

Iridian Shadowweaver, GM Artisan Theurgist
Scarlet Ravensong, Veteran Pyromancer
Rowan Earthsong, Veteran Sorceress

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
I heard people say to me stop healing, before. Never got reported though! My myth is veteran, but I was lookiing at Wizard101 central to see how to play strategy with my other characters. For me though, myth and balance seem to be good at pvp.

My fire, death and life were not good at it though. Have not tried my ice yet, but it might be good. Maybe the trick is to start at a lower level.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
bravevline wrote:
MysticMight11 wrote:
No, it's not. I'm tired of people in PvP telling me that they're going to "report" me if I heal and that healing is considered "cheating."

If healing was considered cheating - It wouldn't even be in the game in the first plays.
MILLIONS of players would be breaking the rules.
There wouldn't be so many ways to heal in the game.
The Life school wouldn't exist, along with many other spells.

I'm a Life student (level 47), and have been playing this game for well over two years. The maturity in PvP and understand rules has dropped since this first came out. I cannot tell you how many times I get falsely reported because I heal.

Telling a life student not to heal is like telling a Myth student you can't summon help.
Telling a Storm student that they're not allowed to use blades/traps because their spells are strong enough as is.
Or telling a Balance student they can't Judgment because it's way too "overpowered".

Come on now, it's not that it's cheating, or it's unfair. It's that people are becoming lazy in their strategies and refuse to learn new ones to get back at their opponent and finish them off.

Thanks -
Jesse DeathHeart, Master Theurgist, player of Wizard101 for over two years.
I had and idea that KI refuses to post for some reason, but I think they make customed pvp to where you can pick your rules, say you dont want charms or wards turn them off. No healing? you got it. No enchantments allowed? Just say so. And the system will find someone with your rules exact. Also there is a standard mode to do normal pvp.

Okay maybe for practice matches, but for ranked, it couldn't work.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
*Sigh*
People its just a game! Whether you win or lose doesnt matter. If someone on there team heals and your team can't, then you will not like it. If someone on your team heals, and other team doesn't, then you will like it and they will hate it. If its on both sides, it will take skill of both healer and other people to beat the opposing team.

If KI created (not sure if they have) a thing that you pick the rules, then most players will pick no healing, no shielding what so ever. Think about most life students, it might be a little challenging for them (not saying there weak.) So all of you people that says its cheating, stop it right now. healing is a part of the game.

One more thing, stop yourself and think. If you have ever died have you said "Heal Me!" or anything related to that?

Survivor
May 10, 2009
Ain't that the truth, lol. The same stuff happens to me all the time and i get kinda sick of it too, it isn't like i am just going to sit around and shield and heal the whole match or else it is no fun. I don't know why people can't accept that if KI lets you use it, it isn't cheating.

Kevin Gianthammer, level 60 storm, Kevin Gianthammer 42 balance, Jack ash 27 myth. Player since March 2009, and proud of it.

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
There saying its cheating prob because its annoying i have not done a pvp in along time because i am retired i have a legendary of every school with a warlord badge so i quit for a long time.But i here people always yelling saying quit healing and they keep spamming sprite.But in my time in pvp i agree with them people who spam healing spells are annoying.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
bravevline wrote:
MysticMight11 wrote:
No, it's not. I'm tired of people in PvP telling me that they're going to "report" me if I heal and that healing is considered "cheating."

If healing was considered cheating - It wouldn't even be in the game in the first plays.
MILLIONS of players would be breaking the rules.
There wouldn't be so many ways to heal in the game.
The Life school wouldn't exist, along with many other spells.

I'm a Life student (level 47), and have been playing this game for well over two years. The maturity in PvP and understand rules has dropped since this first came out. I cannot tell you how many times I get falsely reported because I heal.

Telling a life student not to heal is like telling a Myth student you can't summon help.
Telling a Storm student that they're not allowed to use blades/traps because their spells are strong enough as is.
Or telling a Balance student they can't Judgment because it's way too "overpowered".

Come on now, it's not that it's cheating, or it's unfair. It's that people are becoming lazy in their strategies and refuse to learn new ones to get back at their opponent and finish them off.

Thanks -
Jesse DeathHeart, Master Theurgist, player of Wizard101 for over two years.
I had and idea that KI refuses to post for some reason, but I think they make customed pvp to where you can pick your rules, say you dont want charms or wards turn them off. No healing? you got it. No enchantments allowed? Just say so. And the system will find someone with your rules exact. Also there is a standard mode to do normal pvp.

They wont post it because people already have and you should reply to them.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
I agree with the Author of this. Healing IS NOT Cheating. If it was then the Administrators would had banned the Healers. And the Report Form says that if the Report is a false one then your account will recieve a ban.

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I am a Level 50 Balance wizard, and I have this to say:

Picture this: You are at full health, and have your opponent down to pretty-much nothing, when he pulls his 1200-point heal out of nowhere, complete with boosts (because he's a theurgist, with first-cast advantage) and is back up to full health (2780, or something) in two rounds. Even if it's not "cheating", in the sense that we know it, how is this fair?

The guy I fought even said, "you had me, until I started healing". Now, if that isn't a kick in the face, I don't know what is.

Really not feeling the love for nature,

Laura Shadowsong
Grandmaster Sorcerer

Armiger
May 10, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:

Picture this: You are at full health, and have your opponent down to pretty-much nothing, when he pulls his 1200-point heal out of nowhere, complete with boosts (because he's a theurgist, with first-cast advantage) and is back up to full health (2780, or something) in two rounds. Even if it's not "cheating", in the sense that we know it, how is this fair?

The guy I fought even said, "you had me, until I started healing". Now, if that isn't a kick in the face, I don't know what is.

Laura Shadowsong
Grandmaster Sorcerer

Everyone has the ability to heal themself. Granted, that Life has an easier time of it, since they get to use power pips on heals. Also, I also want to interject that Balance has Helping Hands, another great Heal that can be boosted, and Death has Sacrifice, which can also be boosted. Everyone can choose their ring and athame, get boosts for healing, buy treasure healing boosts. Even buy entangle to prevent healing, or cast the death spell that knocks healing down 50%. There is a counter to everything, so if you take the time, learn it, why do others consider it is unfair to use it?

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
Many of us realize what a pain it is to face another player in PvP when he/she only has a sliver of life left, because--POOF! They heal. And then you must begin all over again. I found that when I was lvl 13, this was frustrating. Now, I am lvl 28, and I've found an even worse problem.
I hate facing balance students. They build up pips and use rank 0 spells to build up their attack. And then, they use the spell Judgement. This wipes me out every time. Fire wizards have used the same strategy with the spell Meteor. During the match, I will take my time building up a powerful spell, and when I am almost done, I've realized that my team and I haven't even defeated one person yet, and we're all wiped out. The one player had apparently built up their attack with three fire sword symbols, which would nearly double the attack. I feel that this is so unfair.
I know that this game is supposed to be about "strategy," but I find it spirit-breaking to play PvP with other players who have nothing better to do than perfect their fighting skills and keep the rest of us from having a chance. I wish that there could be something that we could do about this "gameplay."

Samantha Skullbreath
lvl: 28
Schools: Death, Ice

Survivor
Jan 24, 2011
I totally agree with you! Healing ain't cheating! PvP should be just like a normal battle, except you're up against other players instead of a monster. In a boss battle, if you can't heal yourself, you most likely will have a bit of trouble. Anyway, a Theurgist would be next to nothing without his or her healing spells. So stop complaining about healing!!!!!!!!

Survivor
May 13, 2010
noahmunch wrote:
Stop wasting your time arguing or listening to these people. Use one of the best features KI has put in game. Ignore Player!

AMEN to that!!!
way way to many complaints about this , that or another thing. It's ridiculous!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
darthjt wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:

Laura Shadowsong
Grandmaster Sorcerer

Everyone has the ability to heal themself. Granted, that Life has an easier time of it, since they get to use power pips on heals. Also, I also want to interject that Balance has Helping Hands, another great Heal that can be boosted, and Death has Sacrifice, which can also be boosted. Everyone can choose their ring and athame, get boosts for healing, buy treasure healing boosts. Even buy entangle to prevent healing, or cast the death spell that knocks healing down 50%. There is a counter to everything, so if you take the time, learn it, why do others consider it is unfair to use it?

You are right, in the sense that every school has some sort of heal. Still, the balance heal costs 3 pips and, even with a boost, there's no way that all 7 (we're only allowed that many in a deck at a time) combined could heal me back to full health in 2 rounds. Also, since Life can use power-pips on heals, they can save the rest and hit you with 2 centaurs in a row; by the time I have enough pips to do any real damage, I'm already dead.

I have never seen these 40% boosts you speak of anywhere, either, except on a friend of mine who is a level 50 theurgist- are they something that, unless you're a theurgist, you're supposed to make yourself? I might agree with you more if the schools were evenly-matched, but they aren't- for the sake of my own sanity, someone needs to tell me what I'm doing wrong (someone once went as far as to say that balance is not made for pvp and shouldn't be there in the first place) before I go postal.

I guess it just drives me nuts that they have such an obvious advantage- it's like trying to kill a cockroach, in the sense that cutting its head off won't make a bit of difference because it can still survive for up to 10 days without one. I used to really like this game, but it's little things like this that really test my patience.

Based on some of the other comments you've made to me, I'm guessing that you are a Life mage and have never faced one in PvP with another class (mine, specifically). In the off-chance that I am completely wrong, please bottle your secret and sell it, because I'm dying to know how you do it without ripping your hair out.

L.S.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:

Laura Shadowsong
Grandmaster Sorcerer

You are right, in the sense that every school has some sort of heal. Still, the balance heal costs 3 pips and, even with a boost, there's no way that all 7 (we're only allowed that many in a deck at a time) combined could heal me back to full health in 2 rounds. Also, since Life can use power-pips on heals, they can save the rest and hit you with 2 centaurs in a row; by the time I have enough pips to do any real damage, I'm already dead.

I have never seen these 40% boosts you speak of anywhere, either, except on a friend of mine who is a level 50 theurgist- are they something that, unless you're a theurgist, you're supposed to make yourself? I might agree with you more if the schools were evenly-matched, but they aren't- for the sake of my own sanity, someone needs to tell me what I'm doing wrong (someone once went as far as to say that balance is not made for pvp and shouldn't be there in the first place) before I go postal.

I guess it just drives me nuts that they have such an obvious advantage- it's like trying to kill a cockroach, in the sense that cutting its head off won't make a bit of difference because it can still survive for up to 10 days without one. I used to really like this game, but it's little things like this that really test my patience.

Based on some of the other comments you've made to me, I'm guessing that you are a Life mage and have never faced one in PvP with another class (mine, specifically). In the off-chance that I am completely wrong, please bottle your secret and sell it, because I'm dying to know how you do it without ripping your hair out.

L.S.

If you go to the bazaar and look under treasure cards, go to life and look for guiding light. They have a 40% heal boost and a 45% heal boost. They are not always there, so you might have to keep checking.

Also, look for incoming/outgoing heal boosts for your ring and athame. When you get high enough, you can get 21% increases.

Now, you take 1 Helping hands, adding in a guiding light, plus the 21% increases, and if you get a critical, you can heal around 2000 health with 1. So, as you have stated about using all 7 and not getting full health, you are wrong, you just have to learn how.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
darthjt wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:

Laura Shadowsong
Grandmaster Sorcerer

L.S.

If you go to the bazaar and look under treasure cards, go to life and look for guiding light. They have a 40% heal boost and a 45% heal boost. They are not always there, so you might have to keep checking.

Also, look for incoming/outgoing heal boosts for your ring and athame. When you get high enough, you can get 21% increases.

Now, you take 1 Helping hands, adding in a guiding light, plus the 21% increases, and if you get a critical, you can heal around 2000 health with 1. So, as you have stated about using all 7 and not getting full health, you are wrong, you just have to learn how.

Don't know where you're getting your gear, but the highest-level Balance rings/athames I've seen only offer a 9 percent boost to incoming heals; I've also got a 44% critical rating (not sure if it's altogether or from just one piece) and have only seen it happen once. Maybe if every piece of gear we have had a 9% boost on it, the numbers you just listed would be a bit more believable.

And those heal-boosts? Got one as a drop once, and have never seen one again except, like I mentioned previously, on a level 50 theurgist. And, before you jump to conclusions, I am not one of those people who cry for teammates to heal me during fights- I do it myself and, if I happen to die, I just start over- it's easy, and there's no theurgist required. The only real "bad" things about the Life school are the people who pester you for heals; heck, people bug ME for heals, so it's not even exclusive to them.

I've also noticed that you have been following me around this forum, for the sole purpose of disagreeing with everything I say- instead of outing your superiority-complex and saying "oh, you're wrong", why don't you explain exactly WHAT is wrong and how to fix it. The only thing weaker than my school is your argument.

L.S.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:

Laura Shadowsong
Grandmaster Sorcerer

L.S.

If you go to the bazaar and look under treasure cards, go to life and look for Guiding Light. They have a 40% heal boost and a 45% heal boost. They are not always there, so you might have to keep checking.

Also, look for incoming/outgoing heal boosts for your ring and athame. When you get high enough level, you can get 21% increases.

Don't know where you're getting your gear, but the highest-level Balance rings/athames I've seen only offer a 9 percent boost to incoming heals; I've also got a 44% critical rating (not sure if it's altogether or from just one piece) and have only seen it happen once. Maybe if every piece of gear we have had a 9% boost on it, the numbers you just listed would be a bit more believable.

And those heal-boosts? Got one as a drop once, and have never seen one again except, like I mentioned previously, on a level 50 theurgist. And, before you jump to conclusions, I am not one of those people who cry for teammates to heal me during fights- I do it myself and, if I happen to die, I just start over- it's easy, and there's no theurgist required. The only real "bad" things about the Life school are the people who pester you for heals; heck, people bug ME for heals, so it's not even exclusive to them.

I've also noticed that you have been following me around this forum, for the sole purpose of disagreeing with everything I say- instead of outing your superiority-complex and saying "oh, you're wrong", why don't you explain exactly WHAT is wrong and how to fix it. The only thing weaker than my school is your argument.

L.S.

I am not trying to argue with you, I am trying to help you.
1: Go to the Bazaar and look for Guiding Light treasure card!
2: When you are a higher level I said, you can get gear that gives 21% healing boost, right now, yes you are only 50 so your heal boosts are limited but will still help.
3: Get a pet that gives a dragon blade card, that will increase your attacks by 30%
4: Train Death to Feint and get the Feint Amulet those increase your attacks by 70% and 75%!
5: Train Ice to Tower shield, that will give you yet another 50% shield to all schools. Then you can buy treasure tower shields for another 55%.

You want help, I am trying, but you have to be the one to take the initative and look and try to do what I am saying.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I agree! i don't go ll commando in pvp allot, but, seriously! i had once done it with my friend Savannah Frostgem, aginst a legendary and a grandmaster, savannah almost died, so i healed her. you can guess what they said. on that night i made oath to myself i would get my revenge on those two ! but especially when they said that life was weak cause all they do is heal in battles, thats when i went commando i don't really give second chances when it comes to insulting me, but if someone does something else i am second-chance-giver. but i really agree with you Mycin. i dont care what those people think healing is in pvp i mean, maybe if it is turn after turn after turn but once or twice? it is legal! check! isn't in the ten comandments. its a game people! i'm life so that makes it a whole lot harder. when someone says that my eyes pop and i say "are you kidding me! it is going to be hard if it is called 'player vs. player'"
cya
level 57 theurgist, Charles Goldward

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:

L.S.

Hey vonawesome1. I seem to remember reading in one of your posts that you are a level 50 balance wizard. You are not up to the +21% healing items yet if that is the case. What you can do though, is go to the bazaar and look in amulets for the troll ear pendant. This will give you 2 guiding light cards which you can think of like a blade for healing. They can be stacked with guiding light treasure cards (in the life section of the bazaar, but they aren't always in stock) as well which amplifies the effect that much more. If you want additional healing, look through global athames and rings. In particular, you might find a "Celestian edge" that gives you +26% outgoing healing, a curing claw giving you +23% outgoing healing, or a living claw giving you +23% incoming healing. The different between outgoing and incoming is if you cast the spell, its outgoing and if you receive the spell its incoming. You can use this phenomenon to boost healing spells that you cast on yourself by getting an athame that does outgoing and a ring that does incoming or vice-versa.

As to its healing improvement... lets assume you cast one of the guiding lights from the troll ear pendant and that you have either a ring or athame that gives you +23% outgoing healing. Hands does 50 + 490 over three rounds base. With those two items, your healing boost will be 1.23 x 1.4 = 1.72 (rounded to two decimal places). Therefore, your initial heal will be 86, with 843 (rounded) over the next three rounds. That's a total of 929 over three rounds for 2 pips. That's not bad at all. The thing to remember about heal over time spells (such as helping hands) is that they shouldn't be used when you get really low to restore you to health. They should instead be viewed kind of like armor (such as spirit armor). Cast them when you have taken some damage and it looks like you could be taking more in the next 3 rounds.

The idea is to use them to keep your health from dipping too low while you build pips and its a heck of a lot more healing for 2 pip slots (1 pip and 1 power pip) than casting a pixie (2 pip slots whether they are power pips or not).

Finally, when it comes to fighting life, you need to plan to one hit kill them. Wearing them down doesn't really work due to their healing so unless they are out of cards, you're just going to spin your tires on that strategy. I believe that you trained fire (if I recall correctly, so a couple of fire elves is probably not a bad idea. If they appear to be casting a lot tower shields, give them an elf and follow it up with a wand hit or two. Judgement is a kill spell and arguably the most powerful offensive weapon in a balance arsenal, but it isn't your only one. You can also build a lot of pips which will make them think you're going to judge, then use hydra followed by two spectral blasts. Finally, if you're having problems with just life, it might be worth getting treasure life shields, or possibly even training it.

Spamming life shields is one of the most difficult things for life to deal with because there is no life DoT option. Their best option at that point is a prism. However, you could also head that off at the pass by instead going into the myth column and getting ether shield covering you against life and death. Personally, with my balance, I trained in ice up to tower shield. If you throw down spirit shield followed by a tower, the net effect is a -75% to the next incoming spirit spell. If they break your tower, its still a -50% but the point is that you have options. Also, don't underestimate how long you can live by tossing on lots of weakness. You'd be surprised how many rounds you can buy with just that spell.

Anyway, I hope this is helpful advice. Good luck!