Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Disappointed over treasure card recipes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 23, 2010
I am a level 60 fire school wizard with storm as my secondary school. I have seen what neat spells the other schools have and i especially like the storm lord. I find Carcinos in Celestia with his treasure card recipes and, to my dismay, find that i cannot buy the recipes from the other schools. Why is that? Why would i want to buy a recipe for a spell from my own school when i already have it in my spell deck? These are treasure cards that have a one time use only. I should be able to craft the ones that I want. I am totally disappointed about this.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
druridicus63 wrote:
I am a level 60 fire school wizard with storm as my secondary school. I have seen what neat spells the other schools have and i especially like the storm lord. I find Carcinos in Celestia with his treasure card recipes and, to my dismay, find that i cannot buy the recipes from the other schools. Why is that? Why would i want to buy a recipe for a spell from my own school when i already have it in my spell deck? These are treasure cards that have a one time use only. I should be able to craft the ones that I want. I am totally disappointed about this.

I am life but i feel the same way. it isnt fair. i mean, its basically pointless. what good does a treasure card do if it is one you already have? NONE! i think this should be changed too! thanks KI and listen!

Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
If you look closely, I believe all of the treasure cards you can make are a little better in some way than the spells you have. For instance, Donate Power is a 3 pip spell that gives another 2 pips of power. The card that a balance wizard could make is Donate power which still costs 3 pips, but gives another 3 pips instead of 2.

Sure the spells aren't really much of a big deal, but they are a little better.

I can't say that I have been enticed into making any spell cards either, but I would think that some people enjoy it.

Take a look at your area of attack spells, those could be worth making...more damage to all of your targets?

You do bring up a point though, maybe there should be spells for your school that can only be crafted. Maybe a fire spell or two which can only be crafted, not permanently learned?

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
druridicus63 wrote:

I agree that we should be able to craft spells from other schools. For one thing, they are needed for crafting! I would like a few specific spells in my treasure cards too. I would not mind crafting them in order to have them available. After looking at the Life School treasure spells, I just do not see that they are worth the effort. They are not enough of an improvement over the ones I learned in my school, to be worth the effort of crafting. The only reason I can see to craft treasure cards is for completing other crafting projects and quests. For that I need access to the treasure card spells of other schools.