Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why?????!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 08, 2009
So i was wondering about something....
i noticed that frost giant is WAYYYYY better than snow angel because snow angel ends doing 760 to one enemy (and taunt but i HATE taunts because taunt should be like stun and taunt annoys the person who uses it because it means they are forced to attack YOU! but i know ice is the school of health and defense... (or the school of awesome because it is the best school ever) BUT it is still annoying) i know it because everybody knows snow angel does 760 to one enemy BUT frost giant does 475 to every enemy AND stuns them all so it is better (not including 1v1 because YOU ARE ALREADY THE ONLY TARGET for attacking because of taunt 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ) so snow angel should do ALL ENEMIES with STUN not taunt.

Alex StarBreeze
Level 52
Ice

Richard StarBreeze
Level 50
Balance

William StarBreeze
Level 23
Myth

Duncan StarBreeze
Level 11
Death

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
aquateam2 wrote:
i noticed that frost giant is WAYYYYY better than snow angel because snow angel ends doing 760 to one enemy (and taunt but i HATE taunts because taunt should be like stun and taunt annoys the person who uses it because it means they are forced to attack YOU! but i know ice is the school of health and defense... (or the school of awesome because it is the best school ever) BUT it is still annoying) i know it because everybody knows snow angel does 760 to one enemy BUT frost giant does 475 to every enemy AND stuns them all so it is better (not including 1v1 because YOU ARE ALREADY THE ONLY TARGET for attacking because of taunt 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ) so snow angel should do ALL ENEMIES with STUN not taunt.
i thought it attacked all enimies

Defender
May 27, 2010
aquateam2 wrote:

Alex StarBreeze
Level 52
Ice

Richard StarBreeze
Level 50
Balance

William StarBreeze
Level 23
Myth

Duncan StarBreeze
Level 11
Death

Actually the whole spell is on all enemies so that means both the overtime and taunt is on all enemies but i would like a VERY VERY VERY needed change to Snow Angels effect(In fact here's my idea for a great Snow Angel spell)
Snow Angel: 100+750 Over Three Rounds to All Enemies & Tower Shield to Entire Team, (Note this spell is not unfair cause Storm and Fire get awesome effects that can be used over and over so this would be good, so DO NOT say this is unfair cause it is completely fair)

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
The reason snow angel has taunt is because in team play, ice plays the role of tank. They have very high health, ice armor, and the tower shield that shields against everything, including death (which absorb does not).

This spell was designed so that ice could grab the mobs attention while the rest of the team could rally and 1) heal and/or 2) prepare to destroy the enemy. Ice already has the means to incapacitate the mob for one round (by stunning them all via Frost Giant). That's the whole point of snow angel, to grab the mob's attention away from your team long enough for victory.

Blizzard49300 - Changing the spell to tower shield the whole team would be unfair in PvP. Storm and Fire only target one enemy and only effect that one enemy.

Defender
May 27, 2010
Gelwyn wrote:
The reason snow angel has taunt is because in team play, ice plays the role of tank. They have very high health, ice armor, and the tower shield that shields against everything, including death (which absorb does not).

This spell was designed so that ice could grab the mobs attention while the rest of the team could rally and 1) heal and/or 2) prepare to destroy the enemy. Ice already has the means to incapacitate the mob for one round (by stunning them all via Frost Giant). That's the whole point of snow angel, to grab the mob's attention away from your team long enough for victory.

Blizzard49300 - Changing the spell to tower shield the whole team would be unfair in PvP. Storm and Fire only target one enemy and only effect that one enemy.

PvP isnt a big part of the game, just cause of one part that might be considered unfair doesnt mean it shouldnt be done and btw Taunt doesnt work trust me, i am a Legendary Ice Wizard who uses Snow Angel all the time and then after one friend uses one simple other rank 7 or 8 spell their attention goes to him or her so i can vouch that for sure Taunt does not work, besides Ice Wizards dont want to miss their chance at completing a quest if it did work cause say you were in a group where this happened in Celestia the ice wizard dies and no one on the team can heal, then it would have been pointless to even be in the fight and Taunts usefulness is on a thread so thin it might as well not exist.
(This post was not meant to hurt anyone in any kind of way i was just making a point)