Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Did not collect item, try again

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 30, 2010
probably the most hated words in this game. I like it much better when it says i got the item :-) Usually I had no problem with this, just battle the guys a couple of times and boom its over and done with, well that does not happen in CL. You fight four people, you probably won't get one item. I don't know about anyone else but I am not getting lucky when its coming to this whole 'battle people for items' thing. I probably spent a few hours trying to collect three items from these people. So is the chance of getting items just lowered? Or am i just unlucky?

Survivor
Oct 12, 2009
RedWolff wrote:
probably the most hated words in this game. I like it much better when it says i got the item :-) Usually I had no problem with this, just battle the guys a couple of times and boom its over and done with, well that does not happen in CL. You fight four people, you probably won't get one item. I don't know about anyone else but I am not getting lucky when its coming to this whole 'battle people for items' thing. I probably spent a few hours trying to collect three items from these people. So is the chance of getting items just lowered? Or am i just unlucky?

He he he he he!
You're not alone!
I have the same problems!
Just keep at it and you can win........eventually.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Instead of complaining, find people to fight with and try again :) It's completely random. one of my wizards got all the items the first shot, one got them after 15+ battles.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2009
I agree with Johnist. I hate those words as much as you, but i have found that it goes a lot faster if you join other people in battles. the more enemies, the higher the chance of getting the item

Timothy Shadowstaff
Legendary Necromancer

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
RedWolff wrote:

It wouldn't be so bad if collecting items didn't occasionally take 20 tries. The worst instance of repeat battling for 3 items I've encountered is in the Science Center, the Shadow Web Mercenaries. I tried for 3 days to collect 3 items from those guys. I fought solo, fought with 2, 3, and 4 wizards in my group, changed realms, logged off and back on, etc. Nothing helped. It was VERY frustrating.

I believe in a good challenge to progress in the game, but that instance was a little much. Please, KI, calibrate those quests/fights/drops a little better, so we can avoid spending way too much time gathering quest items.

Happy to be done with most of CL, actually :)

Iridian Shadowweaver, Legendary Theurgist
(distant relation to the shadow weavers in-game)