Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Am I the only one who sees this?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 23, 2009
Ok, one of the quests in Unicorn Way has to do with, oh I don't know, a yellow brick road, technically speaking, WIZARD OF OZ! Notice the word Wizard in "Wizard of Oz". Makes sense because it has to do with a so-to-speak wizard!

Ryan DragonSword,
Initiate Wizard

Defender
Feb 24, 2009
TayD wrote:
Definitely! However I would think Snape would be more of a death professor than storms.

Good catch!
um, drake is a myth professor

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
ya i agree they are loads alike and i have seen
MANY more things like that since i have done wiz/krok/mb/ms/and ds many times.... they be tons of them..and if you happen to find any more thingsplike that i am sure there is a thread about "easter eggs" already and we can post there. id LOVE to hear about ones i might of missed. and about him being a jerk... have you ever noticed its the mean ones in movies that always turn out to be awesome?
thats how i feel bought cyrus. i get a trip when he expells/triks/ or yells at me :) and i am sure verfyone else does too

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Drake is malistairs brother you find that out in dragonspyre sorry to ruin it

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
I love Cyrus, just like I love Severus. Both are amazing characters in the story lines, both HP and here.

I want to add, that there is a reason Cyrus is Myth, and not Death, much like Snape was Potions, instead of DADA. That reason, is most likely, the same. If you really think about it. Less temptation. Hence Drake's not so nice attitude, and annoyance to pretty much any student interested in the subject.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
Xinaed wrote:
I love Cyrus, just like I love Severus. Both are amazing characters in the story lines, both HP and here.

I want to add, that there is a reason Cyrus is Myth, and not Death, much like Snape was Potions, instead of DADA. That reason, is most likely, the same. If you really think about it. Less temptation. Hence Drake's not so nice attitude, and annoyance to pretty much any student interested in the subject.

Has anyone noticed that you are treated like HP from merle ambrose {or as i call him dumbledore} , and lady grey rose is supposed to be like magonnagal (idk if thats spelled right...).

there`s also a quest called "Not in Kansis Anymore!" witch alous you to meet mr.toto tin man and dorthy all from the "wizard of oz" and the quest when you start is called "folow the yellow brick road" creepy huh????

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
yoyoman2741 wrote:
Drake is malistairs brother you find that out in dragonspyre sorry to ruin it

beleve it or not they mention it at the dule arena ,Dumbledore tells you,
and even DRAKE tells you :D :P

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
cs550 wrote:
yes i can definitely see the resemblence maybe thats malistaire and cyrus' long lost twin
Malistare and cyruse are brothers

Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
LOL, I noticed it, too! Also, you know how Diego warns Ambrose that Cyrus shouldn't be trusted because he might be helping Malistaire (AKA how everyone tells Dumbledore that Snape is working for Voldemort??) AND Ambrose treats you (well, your wizard, anyway) the way Dumbledore basically treated Harry? Not to mention Gamma the owl ... does Hedwig come to mind? :P Wow ... maybe I'm more of a Harry Potter nerd than I thought ...

-Scarlet Angelbane

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
I just realized Krokopatra is a scaley remake of the possibly kinder cleopatra. And I bet DS is based on Pompeii, the greek city buried alive. MS is acient china/japan. KT is acient egypt. WC is ... well you got me. GH is obviously Norse related. Last, MB is 19th century england.
BTW, WIZARD101 RULES!

USA! USA!

amber650

lvl 17 pyromancer and proud of it!

(in game name is Amber Drake)

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
yea i see the resemblence in attitude, they did a good job of basing him from another character.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
Ahem, anyone notice Ravenscar AND Ravenclaw? Kingsisle is knovking stuff off! LOL! Kidding!

Blake LionFlame
Grand Pyro

Survivor
Jul 19, 2008
Yeah, It is kinda weird
They're both grumpy! ;)

Oh and P.S. here is a smiley that represent their personalities:

Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
yea your right! but snape would have a 99 percent chance that snape would be a death teacher. :DGavin Skullstalker level 37,necromancer :D

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
no offence to proffeser drake but he is mean and verrry sgtrict that is why i got rid of my myth

Survivor
Jan 05, 2009
TayD wrote:
Definitely! However I would think Snape would be more of a death professor than storms.

Good catch!
cryus drake doesnt teach storm halstrom balestrom does cryus teaches myth

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
he SOO reminds me of Snape but i think snape you be more or a death teacher. :D but yes i get what your saying :)

Emily Swiftheart
Level 27 Pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
WOW! i never thought of that they act exactly the same. why doesn't prof. drake teach death?

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
haha yeah i've seen a bunch of easter eggs like in sunken city the quest "project mayhem" is a refernce to the movie fight club XP and i've seen a bunch of music references like blue oyster cult and the quest appetite for destruction is also a guns n roses album lol

Explorer
Nov 01, 2009
I have noticed a lot of easter eggs, as they have been called here, as well. I think my favorite is in MB where Ms Marphley in Chelsea Court makes you take the necklace from KT down to the jewelry shop to be fixed and when you return it to her all fixed she exclaims "Oh you went to Jared's!" which is the catch phrase for a jewelry store here where I live. I just didn't realize it was popular elsewhere. I laughed out loud when I heard that line!

As far as Cyrus Drake goes, yes he reminded me of Snape from the first moment we talked to the profs during the enrollment quest. I don't think it's an accident that prof Greyrose resembles one of the fairy godmothers from Sleeping Beauty either. Anyway it is a shame that the player deleted her myth character because of Cyrus Drake. I have a character who is a lvl 42 Myth and he does get a lot nicer to you as a myth student. He even gives you a bit of a smile and a wink at the end of your lvl 38 spell quest to show his approval of your work. And that meant more to me than any of the other accolades I had received thus far.

Finally you may feel differently about Cyrus when you get to the final duel with Malistaire. You will find in that moment how much heart Cyrus really has, how much he loves his brother, Malistaire, and how hard he is trying to save Malistaire from insanity. I know I felt much differenly about him after that and that is why I voted for Cyrus as the best prof in Ravenwood in another post.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
TayD wrote:

Good catch!

Cyrus is myth proffeser, not storm

Explorer
Dec 26, 2009
squeaky1 wrote:
Am I the only one who sees a very distinct likeness in attitude and mannerisms between Professor Drake and Professor Snape from Harry Potter? When I saw and talked to Drake for the first time I instantly thought of Snape. Maybe I'm just imagining it. :?

That is SO true! Snape is a potions teacher though.........and a DEATH EATER!!
I can see why Cyrus is like that, I mean would YOU want to have MALISTARE as a brother?

Grace UnicornHorn
lvl20
life&fire

Explorer
Dec 26, 2009
texelf wrote:
I thought of him as Snape when he made you: a) Get his laundry(?!) and b) sent you with a letter to ask if you could be expelled!!!!!! Man, I hate this guy.

Hey cut him some slack, Malistare is his brother you know!

Defender
Feb 05, 2010
Yes! Cyrus Drake rhymes with severus snape! So there is a similarity! P.S Long live the boy who lived