Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

2-Pip Wands Please!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 03, 2009
I am nearing completion of the Grandmaster Artisan quest, and to my disappointment, the GM Artisan wands are *weaker* than the level 55+ wands, until I found out online that these GM Artisan wands used to give @ Power Pips at the start of a battle. I read further to realize that the extra pip was later pulled because it was unfair in PvP. Please bring this extra pip back, and make the wands "no PvP." GM Artisans have worked hard for the ability to make these wands, and their efforts ought to have greater reward.

Historian
May 15, 2009
i agree
these wands are extremely hard to make, and the fact that they have no bonus atritubtes like a second power pip makes them unworthy of being made

Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
I agree 100% It would give the wizards the same start as the bosses a possible three power pip spell to begain with. like Ozzy said just make it no pvp. from the jedi LUKE SKYWALKER Legandary master of balance

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I agree 2 pip wands should be included by now, especially when some of the bosses start with 4 power pips. Hopefully when the new world comes out they will be.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
They had it in the test realm, but they took it out for the reason that people could cast 7 pip spells turn 1 in pvp and win the game. They'd need an elucidate card, but still. That's a bit one sided, isn't it? Maybe more critical would be a better way to go on the wand instead of the extra pip.

People complain about pvp, but all in all, each class has it's own annoying spells.... which makes it all the more exciting.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
agreed but i think it should be allowed in pvp. in pvp everything is fair.

Defender
May 17, 2009
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
agreed but i think it should be allowed in pvp. in pvp everything is fair.

Agreed, but PvP people can find a way to make anything seem unfair (he keeps hitting me with frost beetle and I die before I can hit :(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plz KI plz change this!!!!!!!) You see what I mean? They totally make everything seem unfair.

Explorer
Aug 07, 2009
Now, I would like the extra pip because i heard on some posts that we would. Being the legendary that i am, I wonder if this would be a good thing. The 2 pip start would be great, but in pvp you could make it 1 pip? I mean people want it back because we all like to get amazing stuff (like the ring in brisk) and sometimes brag about it. So if your not doing this because of jealousy, then why aren't you letting us. I don't agree that you are "Screwing us out of our money, but i think that ALL players comments should be taken into consideration.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
I agreed with on this grandmaster artsian wand sure give 2 pip and 40+ to critical rating. look last night i craft staff of stasis it very nice wand it need bonus. grandmaster artsain that give 2 pip and 40+ critical rating wand should be allow in pvp KI should not pull something out just beacuse PvP the two pip wand were great in test realm rethink this.

William Hawkgrove legendary in balance and grandmaster artsain

Historian
May 15, 2009
if anything if we could get back 2 pip wands we could make elucidate or any spells under its enchantment unusable in pvp?
i dunno because in order for it to be fair they would have to compromise

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
Well why should we have to start with only Two Power Pips in battle when the Celestian enemies can already unleash Earthquake at the start of battle and have energy left over? O__o

You can technically have a +1 Pip wand right from the beginning of the game (Please don't change this!) and a +1 Power Pip wand from level 25 onwards. I think that a new wand at level 60 wouldn't be too much to ask...?

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
well, thanks for all your support everyone! I finally made that Staff of Stasis, and now I just need to wait for KI to patch that wand to give it the strength it deserves.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
i totally agree also they already made 1 pip wands wicth gives you an extra pip in the first round of the battle. that was when me was in mooshu. when you get higher[celestia] you should have a wand that give you an extra two pips

Defender
May 27, 2010
I agree Crafting needs more than cool furniture to compensate for all the hard work as i do not craft treasure cards or equipment unless i need it and i would definitely want an improvement to these wands they are not even worth the time at the moment and it would be cool if Crafting could get the cool stuff for once besides furniture and such and i really hate that they were removed just because of unfairness in PvP(which is really getting on my nerves with all the unnecessary and pointless changes made because of it) and they could just keep the Wands and just take out Elucidate and Simplify completely cause this was the only main reason of unfairness and "No PvP" could really stop those annoying low lvl PvP complaints so I AGREE WITH THIS POST!
Fire is the True Balance

Defender
May 27, 2010
I think a good way for the wands to be good would be: 2-PowerPips (thats obvious), 50 Critical Rating, and 125 x Insert Name of School here x Damage, now that would be a wand worth crafting also i think it would be cool if there could be crafted swords as well. Here is one I came up with
Sword of The Sun: Looks like Mithraya's Sword, School: Balance
Hope you like my idea! :D
Fire is the True Balance

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
Blizzard49300 wrote:
I think a good way for the wands to be good would be: 2-PowerPips (thats obvious), 50 Critical Rating, and 125 x Insert Name of School here x Damage, now that would be a wand worth crafting also i think it would be cool if there could be crafted swords as well. Here is one I came up with
Fire is the True Balance

woah, a 100% X-pip spell that does more than Judge? I feel like a boss! That's awesome! This is definately a good reward for all the trouble of reaching Grand Artisan!

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
ozzyrocker412 wrote:
Blizzard49300 wrote:
Fire is the True Balance

woah, a 100% X-pip spell that does more than Judge? I feel like a boss! That's awesome! This is definately a good reward for all the trouble of reaching Grand Artisan!

Your sarvasm skill has increased, you now sound funnier when saying sarcasm.

Well, congratz on level 10 sarcasm ozzy.

On topic: I don't understand why I would waste time making those wands now that they are weaker then the drop wands.

Defender
May 27, 2010
ozzyrocker412 wrote:
Blizzard49300 wrote:
Fire is the True Balance

thats not what i meant i meant the x parts like what we do in the game to add well effects that arent actually in it the x thing stands for what school it does the damage in not a X-Pip spell

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
i think that the wands should be +2 power pips, but when your in pvp it would only be +1 power pip. and +40 critical rating to all schools, but when in pvp only +twenty critical. and the same for the power make it like 150 damage for the wand attack and in pvp only 120 damage.

Andrew Shadowthorn, legendary pyromancer, almost grandmaster crafter

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
The crafting wands should have some sort of extra benefit, I think, to make the effort worth it. As far as the 2-pip start is concerned, you could just keep it out of pvp to keep it fair. It would be nice to start a pve battle with the same amount of pips as the boss!

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
Unfair in PvP? When was PvP fair anyway? 4 Beginers VS. 4 Legendarys. I have seen it happen before.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2010
KI could always allow 2 pip wands to be created by crafters but limit the spell strength allowed at the start of a battle, i proposed a similar idea in another topic.

Although this may seem to defeat the purpose, it would level the playing field significantly allowing the use of shields for both sides before you are hit with a stormzilla for example and thus allow a more gradual flow to the battle.

If there is no compromise then i do believe that we will never see a multi pip wand as nobody wants to be hit with a 8 pip spell the second round into combat unless the entire rule system is changed.

As far as pvp goes i don't partake, or do so very rarely, so i will not comment.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
But know remember when we were in marlybone we got that staff that gave one pip and still in mooshu they gave one pips(the mooshu swords dont count since those are wicked hard to get) and not until dragonspyre we got one POWER pip but know would it give one pip and power pip? For me that seems fair since even if you start with a power pip you only get a max of 5 pips in the beginning so you need the good sun spell to take off the 2 pips of the rank 7 spell to make it 5 plus you wont get hit with the rank 8 spell until the next round even if they take off 2 pips of it your still one pip short so you at least have a chance to shield.

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
ozzyrocker412 wrote:
Blizzard49300 wrote:
Fire is the True Balance

Your sarvasm skill has increased, you now sound funnier when saying sarcasm.

Well, congratz on level 10 sarcasm ozzy.

On topic: I don't understand why I would waste time making those wands now that they are weaker then the drop wands.

The reason I crafted it is because when Celestia was in the Test Realm, these Wands gave +2 Power Pips at the start of the battle, for a total of +3. However, people said it wasnt fair in PvP (it seems nothing is nowadays) especially when combined with Simplify/Elucidate, so the +2 pip was removed, and only given a +1 Power Pip start. I made it in hopes that KI returns the +2 Power Pip ability.

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
Blizzard49300 wrote:
ozzyrocker412 wrote:
Blizzard49300 wrote:
Fire is the True Balance

thats not what i meant i meant the x parts like what we do in the game to add well effects that arent actually in it the x thing stands for what school it does the damage in not a X-Pip spell

o, so it is only 125 School Damage? Gotcha.