Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

There needs to be change!!!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 28, 2010
I am a little upset right now, and here is why. I was very happy when I reached level 58, that means it's time for Leviathan! I did the first part of the quest ok, but the real problem was when I got to Khai Tengri.

What. The. Heck? (By the way, I know some people have posted about topics similar to this, but I want to make it clear.) Having a cheating boss with a good minion, and not allowing friends to port? I don't have a problem with the minion or the fact that the boss cheats, but why in the world can friends not port? Because of this I can't finish the quest!

Not only that, but I have heard from friends that they could receive help from others, but us Storm wizards can't? We have the lowest health of any school! I am disappointed, KingsIsle.

I have tried many different strategies to defeat him, and none work. I have only seen a select few wizards with this spell, and now I know why.

Overall, I just want to say, please make it so we can have friends port to us, because it is nearly impossible to complete this quest with the current situation. Don't change the enemies, just allow us to bring buddies into battle.

Thanks,
Allison Dawnblood, Level 58 Diviner

Defender
May 27, 2010
I agree for some people these bosses are WAY to tough to solo so i think help needs to be allowed for everyone with a lvl 58 spell quest

Adherent
May 20, 2010
How about if you just get the spell for free or for some trivial task?

The fact that some wizards do have the spell means that it's possible to get it. I would guess that the beta testers (e.g. players on the test server) were able to get this spell without the use of henchmen.

Khai Tengri is a Fire Boss. You should go to the Bazaar and buy several of the 90% Fire Shields. You might want to include a few of the 90% Life Shields, too, although not as many as you do Fire Shields. Put these in your sideboard.

Set a teleport mark down outside of the encounter. If you don't get the first turn in battle, leave and come back until you do get the first turn. Your first move should be to put a Fire Shield down. After that, load up your charms and Darkwind, always keeping a Fire Shield on yourself. Then cast Storm Lord and/or Tempest until the minion is gone. After that, build up charms again (keeping a Fire Shield on yourself) until you have enough to Triton the boss away.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
I agree with this, I couldn't receive help for my new spell either. I tried several times. Eventually I DID get it though.

Don't forget that you can buy henchmen from the crown shop, and you can summon minions. :) Good luck!

Sincerely

Christo Hexcaster
Level 60 Sorcerer

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
Hi.

Level 60 Storm here.

The way I managed to defeat him was to pack my treasure slots with storm minions, which I bought. If you keep one constantly with you, he turns all the attacks on himself. When he is defeated, cast another to take his place.
This leaves you [ and your deck ] free for shields and spells.

Also, don't bother with building up for big hits. When you have the pips to cast something, do it. With this boss, you want to wear him down and get out of there.

Good luck. You can do it.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I just finished my Level 58 Balance quest. It is one that must be fought solo. The boss (Helios) would cast a hex on me every time i used a blade, trap, or shield. My first step in this entire fight was to place a mark. I killed the minion with no problems, but the boss was a little more troublesome. He did kill me, but i quickly drank a potion and ported back to my mark. Lo and behold, the boss was alone. (A small trick I use a lot when fighting a boss solo,) I then placed another mark and went after the boss again. Instead of using blades, I used star spells, and treasure card shields knowing the -85% would take almost all the edge off of the hex he cast.

I hope this little bit of advice helps you or others.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life
Hannah Earthbreaker Level 58 Balance

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Personally, I found the Pyromancer boss to be almost ridiculously easy (ice boss, for one thing)...

However, a thing of note: Purchase some Quenches from the Bazaar - they cost two pips to cast, but they will block ANY fire spell that the boss uses. If you cast it when he has a fair amount of pips and you have a feeling he'll unleash some big spell, you can waste his pips and get time to beat him over the head.

Alternatively, as was said, the 90% fire shields - bonus point for those because they don't require pips, and you only block actual, incoming damage (whereas Quench will also quench blades and low-tier spells). Minus points, however, because the minion can pop your shield and leave you open for the boss' attack.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Amethyst45 wrote:
I am a little upset right now, and here is why. I was very happy when I reached level 58, that means it's time for Leviathan! I did the first part of the quest ok, but the real problem was when I got to Khai Tengri.

What. The. Heck? (By the way, I know some people have posted about topics similar to this, but I want to make it clear.) Having a cheating boss with a good minion, and not allowing friends to port? I don't have a problem with the minion or the fact that the boss cheats, but why in the world can friends not port? Because of this I can't finish the quest!

Not only that, but I have heard from friends that they could receive help from others, but us Storm wizards can't? We have the lowest health of any school! I am disappointed, KingsIsle.

I have tried many different strategies to defeat him, and none work. I have only seen a select few wizards with this spell, and now I know why.

Overall, I just want to say, please make it so we can have friends port to us, because it is nearly impossible to complete this quest with the current situation. Don't change the enemies, just allow us to bring buddies into battle.

Thanks,

I am not sure if your level 58 storm boss is as hard as my level 58 Myth boss; Talos. I was so upset that I had decided to quit playing lol. That's how difficult a time I was having with Talos!

Interestingly, I defeated him on test realm with no problems whatsoever because I had learned gargantuan with my free crowns but of course, I don't have those crowns to buy back training points. Therefore, the difficulty level was unimaginable. Worst part is that he criticals like crazy and blocked me everytime.

My minotaur taunts him to kingdom come but he simply ignored him and used critical judgements on me which I cannot shield against. what's worst, my minotaur was tower shielding and healing himself with not so much as a peep in my direction. I was so mad but I finally managed to defeat him. At the end, I had 28 health left and thankfully I survived two rounds on 28 health becuase I had used medusa and she stunned him.

Note that medusa stun doesn't seem to work on bosses and didn't work on talos before either but that time i got lucky and he was stunned and i took him out.

It's hard but hang in there you'll defeat him at last and you'll want to shout it to the world! that's how I felt.. lol

Stay positive. Hope you got your spell by now.

Oh and friends can't port either for medusa spell quest so we all in the same boat. life wizards gets a break , they are allowed friends to help. I guess they always helping everyone, KI decided to give them a break. I'm not complaining about that, I need life waizrds lol

Survivor
Jan 31, 2010
NicoUzumaki wrote:
Amethyst45 wrote:

Thanks,

I am not sure if your level 58 storm boss is as hard as my level 58 Myth boss; Talos. I was so upset that I had decided to quit playing lol. That's how difficult a time I was having with Talos!

Interestingly, I defeated him on test realm with no problems whatsoever because I had learned gargantuan with my free crowns but of course, I don't have those crowns to buy back training points. Therefore, the difficulty level was unimaginable. Worst part is that he criticals like crazy and blocked me everytime.

My minotaur taunts him to kingdom come but he simply ignored him and used critical judgements on me which I cannot shield against. what's worst, my minotaur was tower shielding and healing himself with not so much as a peep in my direction. I was so mad but I finally managed to defeat him. At the end, I had 28 health left and thankfully I survived two rounds on 28 health becuase I had used medusa and she stunned him.

Note that medusa stun doesn't seem to work on bosses and didn't work on talos before either but that time i got lucky and he was stunned and i took him out.

It's hard but hang in there you'll defeat him at last and you'll want to shout it to the world! that's how I felt.. lol

Stay positive. Hope you got your spell by now.

Oh and friends can't port either for medusa spell quest so we all in the same boat. life wizards gets a break , they are allowed friends to help. I guess they always helping everyone, KI decided to give them a break. I'm not complaining about that, I need life waizrds lol

Hi the death boss is impossible he has 13,310 health I think (lol) my friends can't teleport please someone make it easier or let my friends come with me!

Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
HIRE HENCHMEN!!!! I have three legendary wizards and I couldn't have help on any level 58 bosses, but I could hire henchmen. The bosses were very easy after hiring them. Make sure one of the henchmen is LIFE because they heal.