Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Arrogant players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
I am now 56 and playing in celestia, lately I have had to team up more due to the fact that Celestia is built that way.
I don't mind really even though I prefer soloing since I have a young baby at home and at times have to go afk. Anyways if and when I group I give it my 100%, I will not leave and I play in a group setting mind set, will buff and /or shield other players etc. I'm fire wizard with a balance second school. Here is my rant. I have found that higher level players are arrogant, telling me cast this etc... I ran into one yesterday who found it necessary to give me a play by play as if I was a new player without a clue, went so far as to be rude and yell in caps CAST FIREDRAGON! ...I only had 4 pips at that time. Another example was a player that asked for my help and never told me it was a dungeon, so ok....I decide to stay and help him, near the end of it he stats telling me to hurry he has to go soon...Huhg what? YOU asked for help YOU are telling me to hurry? Same day I asked for help and the wizard came, so far so good, helped me kill the minion and then when there was only the boss left said there you go and ported...sigh..

I need new friends in this game I guess. I'm a 40 something year old adult and treat others with respect, just asking for the same. I guess lower players might be the same way I never just noticed since I did not group that much or I have been really unlucky. Or does arrogance start after level 50?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
No. This doesn't start at level 50. I ran into it a few times starting in Wizard City going up through Mooshu. Since I reached Dragonspyre, I've been lucky and met some really nice wizards.

If I meet someone like this, and they are on my friends list, the first thing I do is "remove" them from my friends list, and then I "switch realms". Problem solved. Let them go hassle someone else, but remember, what goes around comes around. So that kind of behavior will come back to haunt them some day.

In the meantime, I've seen a few posts on here that some "older" players like to meet in the Pixie realm. They kind of adopted this realm for themselves.

Good Luck, and hope to see you in the Sprial...

Amber WindBlossom

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
No, arrogance doesn't begin at level 50, the players as you described are like that from the start. I help a variety of different school and leveled wizards and from my observations they are like that from the beginning. I could bore you with many stories of wizards from WC through CL who like to bark orders at those helping them, despite the fact those helping have finished CL and once again maxed out the level. I dump "friends" quickly when they show the patterns of behavior you have mentioned. Good luck finding real quality friends to play with, we are out there.

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
acnaib wrote:
I am now 56 and playing in celestia, lately I have had to team up more due to the fact that Celestia is built that way.
I don't mind really even though I prefer soloing since I have a young baby at home and at times have to go afk. Anyways if and when I group I give it my 100%, I will not leave and I play in a group setting mind set, will buff and /or shield other players etc. I'm fire wizard with a balance second school. Here is my rant. I have found that higher level players are arrogant, telling me cast this etc... I ran into one yesterday who found it necessary to give me a play by play as if I was a new player without a clue, went so far as to be rude and yell in caps CAST FIREDRAGON! ...I only had 4 pips at that time. Another example was a player that asked for my help and never told me it was a dungeon, so ok....I decide to stay and help him, near the end of it he stats telling me to hurry he has to go soon...Huhg what? YOU asked for help YOU are telling me to hurry? Same day I asked for help and the wizard came, so far so good, helped me kill the minion and then when there was only the boss left said there you go and ported...sigh..

I need new friends in this game I guess. I'm a 40 something year old adult and treat others with respect, just asking for the same. I guess lower players might be the same way I never just noticed since I did not group that much or I have been really unlucky. Or does arrogance start after level 50?

Don't worry about it, this happens to all of us. Due to the fact that this is an all ages game, you are obviously going to be in battle with kids, kids that have curfews, kids whose parents limit the time they are allowed to be on, therefore at any given time they could have to leave, probably not by their choice. I've had this type of thing happen to me on numerous occasions, just like you, wizards who ask for help in a dungeon and then halfway through they say they have to leave.

I'm an adult, and I've now started to be very selective about who I add to my list, and very quick to remove people from my list that are rude and have little respect. I have even gone as far as creating a FB page for Wizard101 adults players only. I probably can't type the page name here as they will probably deny the message.

As for those who are telling you what to cast, ignore them, or tell them to be quiet. You are level 56, you've battled quite a bit of celestia already and don't need someone making demands of you. Keep in mind though, that a teammate might give you some friendly advice, listen to it and decide if it makes sense, and use it as you see fit.

I have 5 legendaries, the main one I'm using right now is Sloan LegendWeaver as I'm crafting with this one, I'm constantly realm hopping so if you see me, send an add request or say hi.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Ditto. I do the same thing. If I have a friend and they come and help and then flee or anything of that nature, I delete. Delete, delete, delete!! There are plenty of nice wizards out there to take there place. I have met lots of them. I am a 40 something year old player, too. If someone tries to "direct" or "boss" me in a fight, I either ignore them or tell them that I know what I am doing and to quit telling me what to do. I didn't get to Legendary because I didn't have a clue!
If you would like to have a good wizard friend and meet some more, I will be glad to meet you at the tree in the commons in the Pixie realm at 8 pm EST Sunday the 28th of November. My name is Samantha Stormcloud. Just let me know you are there!! I have some really good friends that I play with and none of us flee or tell you what to do. :)

Samantha Stormcloud - Legendary Wizard - Master Artisan

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
I always find ppl like that, and I am happy to delete tham (one reason is my friends list full). You will find arrogant people, as you described, you will find nice people, and you will find ppl who seem nice at first and make u wanna scream when you realized that they rnt as nice as u thought. I don't like meeting ppl like that either, and even though I'm only a kid, I hav met many ppl like u described. Btw, I might hav been one of the ppl who leave during a dungeon I asked for help on :( so if that was one of my wizs sry....
ps. (I hav just added this after reading this thread again) please don't blame just kids, arrogance makes its self at home in all people of the world, short and tall, young and older (iv had to post something saying don't blame just kids a lot so by now ppl probably know me by "the girl who always must post its not just kids" or something).

Amber Stormsong level 39 diviner (close to master right?(my friend was level 42 amd she said she wasn't but when I looked at her stats it said she was :P))
Amber Soulhunter level 22 necromancer (who I havnt played on in a while due to the krokosphinx (I got soooooo bored of it on my first wiz)
Taylor Emerald spear level 20 thuergist (might hav spelled that wrong) (I really just pvp with her bcuz it easy to win, unless they one hit kill me(and I can kill pretty easily due to the fact that my minion puts a couple healing dispells that don't hav anyhing to reminnd them its there (no ward thing shows up) so I just slowly grind them down to where they need to heal and it always fizzles )
Amber Hexblood level 18 thautmaturge (know I spelled that wrong) (I'm just trying to get through the krokosphinx on that one)
Amber Sandrunner level 16 socerer (prob spelled that wrong(trying to get judgement so I will prob be playin on her all day))
Sierra Mistcaster (either that or sierra mythcaster, I culd nevr remember) level 13 conjurer

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
You have to realize that the sheer number of players that this game has will bring in all kinds of riff-raff. I have run into people telling me what to cast ANYWHERE in the spiral, not just Celestia. My advice? Ignore their demands and do what you need to do.
Its kind of like real life, only worse, since there are usually no repercussions to their attitudes.
I have met many, many people in Celestia that know what they are doing, and they appreciate anything I bring into the battle. Most, in fact.
Just because they think they know what is best, don't let it get to you. You know your school by now (or else you wouldn't be in Celestia!), so just do what it is you have to do.
Me? The only thing that bugs me is people who join my battle and don't say hi when I do, even if they know what they are doing. I will also stay and help people even after I'm finished with the quest, but thats my way.
I have met some GREAT people in Celestia at this time, and will do anything I can to help them. This doesn't include my awesome friends from almost 2 years ago (hi Kiley (and sis)), who we still battle together.
Also, about your friend list, if you find some bogus people on it after awhile, don't just delete them, make sure you ignore them first, then after a while, you can delete them.

Rogan Firehammer
Blake Firehammer
Adam Firehammer
Ian Firehammer
Reed Firehammer
Angus Firehammer

(sheesh, can't remember them all right now!)

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
I know! I met this guy who yelled NOVA RIGHT NOW! NOVA RIGHT NOW! He was level 9 and he bossed me around in CELESTIA. I just passed until he died and then use nova XD

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
Arrogance is a PLAYER quality and has nothing to to with a wizards level. Wizards don't have a personality. The player controlling the wizard determines how the wizard will act.

I have had everything you describe happen to me. My most favorite *sarcasm intended* is people demanding I cast certain spell. That is usually followed by "I can't cast it because....". I don't mind when people ASK if I can cast something.

I have had younger (I am a forty something too.) friends need to sign off too. They are great about saying why they have to leave. Usually it is for dinner or parents saying get off. I don't mind that.

I have wonderful friends and most the people I meet are nice.

Lots of older players seem to play on pixie or scarecrow realms.

Megan

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Firefan02 wrote:
Arrogance is a PLAYER quality and has nothing to to with a wizards level. Wizards don't have a personality. The player controlling the wizard determines how the wizard will act.

I have had everything you describe happen to me. My most favorite *sarcasm intended* is people demanding I cast certain spell. That is usually followed by "I can't cast it because....". I don't mind when people ASK if I can cast something.

I have had younger (I am a forty something too.) friends need to sign off too. They are great about saying why they have to leave. Usually it is for dinner or parents saying get off. I don't mind that.

I have wonderful friends and most the people I meet are nice.

Lots of older players seem to play on pixie or scarecrow realms.

Megan

I know I like to go to pixie or scarecrow, but not to find other adults, but because they are less crowded. I do tend to look for more adult friends, but have not really compared or thought about which realm I find them in. But that is an idea, for the adults to start using certain realms so we can make more adult friends and stray away from arrogance and players telling us what to do, when to do it. I don't mind constructive criticism, but i am not dumb either. I am pretty good at knowing what to cast and when to cast it. Anyways, I have lots of characters, so if you see any, say hi. I usually have Friend requests off, because players always send requests randomly and that drives me crazy.

John Nightbringer - Legendary Fire
Steven StormSlinger - Almost Legendary Storm
Blaze WinterBreeze - Legendary Ice
Blaze DeathBlade - Almost Legendary Death
Blaze BattleBlade - Almost Legendary Balance
Hunter LifeHeart - Grandmaster Life
Chase MoonCaller - Legendary Myth
Kristen LifeHeart - Legendary Life
Blaze HawkCaller - Grandmaster Balance

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
arrogance most certainly doesnt start from lvl 50. it starts when the person fools themselves into believing they can order people around just because THEY think they're better than everyone else, when they are most certainly NOT. i really hate people like this, who tell you what spell to use, how the game works when you already know how, and when they tell you to hurry or whatever in battle and when they dont even say THANK YOU when you helped them out. In real life, they're most likely spoiled little brats who think they can get whatever they want, whenever they want. or people who think they can bully, push, and order others around because you probably dont know them irl. if you have a friend like that, i would remove him/her. they arent worth it until they wise up and learn a little humility, become more considerate of other ppls feelings, and learn compassion. dont listen to them when they order you around. use whatever spell YOU deem necessary, be it attacks, heals, or defenses, not what they want. FOLLOW YOUR HEART AND MIND!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
Too bad i can't group with you guys ,i am a little behind at 42 i think.I am always looking to group but i see very few people.I get bored hanging out solo,i am easy going in a group,i never tell anyone how to play their player.
I have for example never done Kensington,because i feel it would take 3 people and i can't find anyone and i am already long past well into Mooshu.
Sad hearing the rude players are the ones getting groups and i rarely ever get a group.

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
Goto Pixie realm for starters as already stated. This is where most adult player hang out although i'm reluctant to say it (28). Me and my GFs play there and don't run into that many arrogant players(other then myself).

Most players i run into (though i don't talk to random players much, meet most from central) have been friendly on pixie.

I know i sometimes can be arrogant myslf although i don't mean to most of the time i just like to do things my way as they become rutine. For example i put up posts (on central) offering to run people through Trial of the spheres and that they can be put on friends list to port in for the bosses if they like.

That being said i put up quite a list of requirements for this like having a storm wand and giving out what i want from people on each specific boss and mobs. Examples like this is not to be arrognt it's just because i want things to run in my rutine as i know it's most likely the fastest way as i've run trial over 250 times and do it in less then 20 min per run now.

This was just an example of how things can come out arrogant but is not always the case. See ya on Pixie.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Man. I have met some people that needed a bit of instruction on how to stack traps and blades, or how to make sure that their prism uses the traps most efficiently, but outright screaming at people what spells to use? That's just rude.

It sounds like the OP had a case of bad luck, and ran into a bunch of those people that usually play with four of their own wizards, and thus aren't used to being unable to see the hands of their co-players.

As for the people helping or asking for help... Gawd, I hate those who beg you for help, but won't say anything about what they need help with; and then they stress you and constantly yell at you to hurry up, despite the fact that you are the one killing everything for them and solving all the puzzles. I usually just leave when people behave like that.

I will say, though, that avoiding some of the more crowded realms - and working more with pickup groups than groups you sought for - more often than not results in intelligent and friendly people. In a strange twist of circumstances, I also find that many (if not most) of those are adults that were left behind in Wizard101 when their children moved on to other games.

But there are a lot of rude jerks around, to say the least. But you can get lucky and run ino friendly, helpful individuals that even know how to play the game. The best you can do is to try and strike up a small conversation in a battle; possibly starting with a joke. If you don't get a reply, or you get a rude reply, then you know what kind of people you're dealing with.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
I am also an older player. My life character is Molly Storyweaver lvl 37 and I am also getting bored playing the game solo. It seems like I find a good buddy and then all of the sudden they no longer play the game. So I need to find a large group of good buddies. I usually play starting at 10pm cst and I hardly ever run into anybody in the Pixie realm.

Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
Been there, done that. :D I run around with a group of friends, all older. I am the youngest in the group, in my 20's. And boy could we tell you some stories of people being rude. Its from all levels. Its frustraiting I know. Best advice anyone can give you is ignore them and change realms. Also if you are in a fight and someone starts demanding, don't go to their level of intellegence. I have had to tell someone, "I know how to play my wizard. Maybe you should learn to play your own. " I will say though, sometimes you just have to flee the fight and let them fend for themselves. I hope by now that you have gotten some good friends in game. I know I have, and we all even chat through our other websites.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2009
same thing happens to me almost every day. thank the lord for the remove button.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2010
Well, I think the main thing is, you are just meeting many of the "younger" crowd. Thats how kids are. They want things their way and see this game as "their" game. As if nobody else is around. It makes me laugh when I team up with someone younger and they always say "I got the boss" and I clearly tell them its a better strategy focusing our attacks on the same, weaker guy. But of course, they want to "beat" the boss because it makes them feel some sort of self accomplishment. You are clearly of sound mind and understand that most times, in the Wizard101 world, ignorance can be bliss.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
acnaib wrote:

Oh my gosh. i did the second example a couple of days ago in Krok! sorry if your reading this and i did this to you!

Survivor
Oct 23, 2009
I've ran into player who think they are god's gift to the spiral however they are usually level 5 and always hang out in the commons . So yea it happens at all levels when it happens to me i just leave them hanging, in my mind if you ask me for help i'll help why not? BUT BUT BUT if you start trying to direct the fight in a rude manor then you are better off by yourself. Respect run wilds in this game i tell ya.
Seth RavenBlood
GrandMaster Necromancer.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
Oh my GOODNESS! I am so sorry about this! I have met very rude wizards but I have met really nice wizards who come whenever I need help, and then I return the favor. I am level 32 and have noticed my friends have become Very Demanding. For example: We're in mooshoo and they tell me to cast idk umm.. Ice weyvrn I was like, I have two pips! NOT enough then i got deleted. Lovely story short. :x I had real nice friends too. We were in Big Ben for example and i am running low on and health and no more vials. My friend casts threats on the enemies which gives the other people time to heal me. I said thank you FORever that day. I guess i shared both sides.
HAPPY WIZARDING! Hopefully withOUT arrogant players!
Sierra Pearlsmith

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
I think i need to hang out on this board, instead of the game. I am totally new to the game. I'm only lvl 16, but very much an adult (50). I've made to Krok so far by myself, but haven't got through the dungeon in WC (ooo, even picking up the lingo, lol). I still don't have the slightest what I'm doing. I just go to the Bazaar every 5 lvl's and buy the best equipment I can. I'm a Pyro, so I only buy Pyro stuff. I didn't even know about the different Realms. I just sign in and play (but I'm learning). Finally figured out how to look at other player stats once they friend me. Some I can't look at though. Oh boy did I go off topic here. But I'm just looking for peeps to hang out with, as I too have run into the yelling, and fleeing peeps. I'm not fond of the ones that come along just as you are about to make your kill, and then they bring another monster in. Sorry for the digressing, just looking for a descent group for this "Noob" to hang out with.

Robert Dragonrider lvl 16
Wolf Deathbringer lvl 5

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
quicksilver6969 wrote:
I think i need to hang out on this board, instead of the game. I am totally new to the game. I'm only lvl 16, but very much an adult (50). I've made to Krok so far by myself, but haven't got through the dungeon in WC (ooo, even picking up the lingo, lol). I still don't have the slightest what I'm doing. I just go to the Bazaar every 5 lvl's and buy the best equipment I can. I'm a Pyro, so I only buy Pyro stuff. I didn't even know about the different Realms. I just sign in and play (but I'm learning). Finally figured out how to look at other player stats once they friend me. Some I can't look at though. Oh boy did I go off topic here. But I'm just looking for peeps to hang out with, as I too have run into the yelling, and fleeing peeps. I'm not fond of the ones that come along just as you are about to make your kill, and then they bring another monster in. Sorry for the digressing, just looking for a descent group for this "Noob" to hang out with.

Robert Dragonrider lvl 16
Wolf Deathbringer lvl 5

There are links here on the Wizard Community tab. They take you to fan sites and such. I have found a ton of helpful stuff on wizard101central.com. They have guides on a slew of topics. I also use the search engine that begins with "go" to find things.

I am an adult player too. My son got me hooked. I usually play on pixie, seraph, scarecrow or kelvin realms. Post back if you would like to meet up in game. I have 4 wizards from level 10-Legendary. I usually play a little during the day weekdays or later at night. I live in mountain time zone.

My son has a fire wizard. He might be able to give you tips.

Megan-formerly Firefan02

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
boominn wrote:
KI made the ignore button for a reason use it.

After you or the ignored guy leaves, you will likely never see him again.