Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Arrogant players

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Survivor
May 24, 2010
I know how you feel. before i got a membership (i made it all the way to level 17 before i got my membership) i farmed the Kraken. so one day i was by myself fighting the Kraken, when this one wizard came in and joined. being a balance wizard, i casted a balance blade on myself, and as soon as i did, the kid yelled "GIVE ME ONE OF THOSE PLZ" i told him that maybe if another showed up i would give him one. another balance blade came into my hand so i casted it on him. he constantly yelled at me to give him more, until i got to the point where i wasnt out of that spell, but i didn't need to be bossed around like that. i told him no and he got mad. i constantly meet people like that now.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2009
I have to say that at level 60, there are wizards that are level 50 and up that are arrogant. But, I see many, MANY wizards who are lower levels that are arrogant too. I think it has to do with the player and who they really are and not what level they are.

Amber Dawnbreeze, Level 60

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
acnaib wrote:
I am now 56 and playing in celestia, lately I have had to team up more due to the fact that Celestia is built that way.
I don't mind really even though I prefer soloing since I have a young baby at home and at times have to go afk. Anyways if and when I group I give it my 100%, I will not leave and I play in a group setting mind set, will buff and /or shield other players etc. I'm fire wizard with a balance second school. Here is my rant. I have found that higher level players are arrogant, telling me cast this etc... I ran into one yesterday who found it necessary to give me a play by play as if I was a new player without a clue, went so far as to be rude and yell in caps CAST FIREDRAGON! ...I only had 4 pips at that time. Another example was a player that asked for my help and never told me it was a dungeon, so ok....I decide to stay and help him, near the end of it he stats telling me to hurry he has to go soon...Huhg what? YOU asked for help YOU are telling me to hurry? Same day I asked for help and the wizard came, so far so good, helped me kill the minion and then when there was only the boss left said there you go and ported...sigh..

I need new friends in this game I guess. I'm a 40 something year old adult and treat others with respect, just asking for the same. I guess lower players might be the same way I never just noticed since I did not group that much or I have been really unlucky. Or does arrogance start after level 50?

Age doesnt matter, in wiz. were all alike. the fact that your 40 something, doesnt mean anything. Maybe he was yelling at you because he really did have to go and he was under stress. thats what i think

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
mychiller wrote:
I know! I met this guy who yelled NOVA RIGHT NOW! NOVA RIGHT NOW! He was level 9 and he bossed me around in CELESTIA. I just passed until he died and then use nova XD

Good job. teach him a lesson

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
Deleting someone just because they port in, help and port out; I guess if that's what you do, it's up to you, but think about the person who came to help. I meet "younglings" in the pet pavillion and if they seem OK, I'll friend them. Sometimes they might call on me to help out, and they're in KT or MB and I'll port in throw a (enchanted) sandstorm and port out, no disrespect intended to them, but I'm usually working my own quests. If he/she is working a dungeon, I'll stay and help out but not if they're just running back & forth on quests.

Logan Skullrider - Legendary Sorcerer, Grandmaster Artisan

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Unfortunately, there are folks out there who take the game VERY seriously. And they seem to think that just because they think they know what's best, they should start ordering people around. Kind of make you wonder what they are like IRL, but then again, they might just be taking the game so seriously because their life might be sad. I have seen both sides of the spectrum. I unfortunately have been both sides of the spectrum, though I do try to stay on the nice side. What bothers me is when you befriend someone and then they start being demanding and bossy and rude. I have lost many interesting friends that way. I have seen bullies yelling NOOB at people, and I have seen people defending those being bullied. I have been one of the defenders. I had a random stranger take me under his wing after a battle and teach me how to equip my deck. I have done the same for others.
One thing to remember is that the person behind the wizard is a real person who has their good qualities and bad as well. You just gotta take the good with the bad.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
IvoryJade wrote:
Unfortunately, there are folks out there who take the game VERY seriously. And they seem to think that just because they think they know what's best, they should start ordering people around. Kind of make you wonder what they are like IRL, but then again, they might just be taking the game so seriously because their life might be sad. I have seen both sides of the spectrum. I unfortunately have been both sides of the spectrum, though I do try to stay on the nice side. What bothers me is when you befriend someone and then they start being demanding and bossy and rude. I have lost many interesting friends that way. I have seen bullies yelling NOOB at people, and I have seen people defending those being bullied. I have been one of the defenders. I had a random stranger take me under his wing after a battle and teach me how to equip my deck. I have done the same for others.
One thing to remember is that the person behind the wizard is a real person who has their good qualities and bad as well. You just gotta take the good with the bad.

We're not perfect. we all have done this before, probably even you. and me.