Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Have a bug? Post it here.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
I have the Massive Fantasy Place and i put a few beds in the room of where the portal is to the island. It won't let me pick up one bed and this is kinda annoying me cause i want to put it somewhere else. Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Suri
lvl 50 Grandmaster Conjurer

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
I haven't seen this bug or a post on it before. I was refilling my potion bottles in the mini games, playing sorcerer's stones and the second time through, the game didn't want to start. It kept saying ready, did it's countdown, move one row, and then go back to ready again. It did that about 5 or 6 times before it finally kept going and I was able to finish the mini game. At least I was able to finish and get my potions filled. Yay, didn't have to spend any gold! KI, you might want to check that one. Thanks!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Gahlwok, the boss in floating land, is indicated as fire but neither ice nor storm boosts against him.

Thank you

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Besides the items listed on the Known Bugs page, have you encountered a true bug?

If so post the information here, and we'll work hard to squash it!

When you get hit medusa say your second and the other wizard is first and you cast a spell you will lose all the pip you tried to casted if you get hit buy medusa. please fix this i've lost a couple of pvps due to this 1313 and dropping :(

Explorer
Apr 20, 2009
i dont know if this is a bug

i am growing pink dandelions but they are not mature yet and they are yellow in color not pink

and they are pink dandelions not the yellow ones but they show yellow

is this a bug or are they supposed to be yellow at seedling and pink at adult

Explorer
Apr 20, 2009
christopher62597 wrote:
I have a bug & it is that on my laptop when I play there is no dialouge. I know its not a big deal but I enjoy hearing the characters of the game talk. Thank you for reading & Happy New Year!

Christopher JadeBlade
lvl.58 Theurgist
Celestian Explorer

it might be that the sound just hasnt loaded for that person

that happened to me before when i downloaded w101 on my computer for the first time and i was doing missions but whoever i talked to their voice didnt work but after a while it worked and i think because it all got loaded

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Thing is i am getting lots of glitches ever since the update last night here are 2 i have ok when i polymorph in a treant but before me my friend (alex shadowmender) uses ra or kills them somwhow and i want too heal him he kills them then i use polymorph because maybe he would fizzle but then i polymorph back then when i look at my health it sais 3000 and not my normal health the health of the polymorph treant then i have too log of and on too fix it or get in another battle ok here is the other one this one is short dont worry :D but my friend (Hunter ghost blood) but he has all this clothing that gives traits i looked at it headress of dragon fire volatile vestement cant remember shoes i have the same clothing too but point is when i look at his stats there all blank evan though he has all this stat giving clothing i am getting very worried i love this game very much i dont wanna stop playing but these glitches but get really bad i had a glitch while back but i guess you guys fixed it ty it must be these updates affecting people Hunter fire breath level 60 pyromancer username pyromaniac023

i just posted this here incase i already reported it but just incase :D

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Hey mr. Zeke i just thought of another bug i have had i dont know if this is a loading bug or something but sometimes i will get friend requests always in the commons or something sometimes i will get the request and it shows no name and it says level zero and it dosent show a school its a blank circle are some non wizardly people trying too friend me :-D lol but its weird i never thought of it before but this is indeed a glitch and i think its scary lol but no this has happened many times.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1. This happens SEVERAL times to me and my bro because we have bad connection (we keep losing it and it comes back), its fast connection but, when we lose it and come back, we cant even see our spellcards, causing us to click the red X button in the top right corner, and try logging in as fast as we can, and sometimes we find ourselves with a weird amount of health, like after the battle, we have like 3487397 and when i got a health wisp, it said +2174729487 or something like that, all i know is the first 3 numbers where 217 and there was about 7 more digits, although i have something like 2377 or something like that.
2. I was doing Edrik's vault in Dragonspyre, when I was dying, so I called 2 of my friends, Joshua LifeHunter and Jasmine RainSpear, and they BOTH told me 'it says your busy' and I'm honestly not busy, unless you consider your upcoming death from a fight busy. PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ fix this i get really angry once i'm in the last match and i die :? i already beat it now, but that was before.

Thanks for Reading!

-Nicholas RubyShard; Level 46 Pyromancer
-Daniel WildHunter; Level 41 Pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
Hollen1233 wrote:
Got a message saying "if you leave the dungeon now, you will lose all progress...are you sure you want to leave?"

Quest: "Activate Them", in Krokotopia, Royal Hall, from Gordon Fleming.

Had to activate three obelisks, then defeat Spiritcrusher in his Tomb. After defeating Spiritcrusher, the yellow arrow points me to the exit of the dungeon, but the message appeared saying I would lose all progress. I don't remember getting this message when I did this quest on my other wizards.

I DID leave the dungeon and I did NOT lose the progress. Looks like the "leaving dungeon" message might be a bug.

Scot MythMender

You finished the required quest that you automatically get once you enter a dungeon, because if you look at your quest page you'll have the quest that sent you in there, (Usually is to fight the boss) and when you enter you'll have a quest that has a symbol that looks like a sigil on it. If you had left through the entrance before you finished the quest you would have to start the dungeon quest all over. The message was added in an update recently.

Quinn Deaththorn - Legendary Necromancer

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
Ronster55 wrote:
1. This happens SEVERAL times to me and my bro because we have bad connection (we keep losing it and it comes back), its fast connection but, when we lose it and come back, we cant even see our spellcards, causing us to click the red X button in the top right corner, and try logging in as fast as we can, and sometimes we find ourselves with a weird amount of health, like after the battle, we have like 3487397 and when i got a health wisp, it said +2174729487 or something like that, all i know is the first 3 numbers where 217 and there was about 7 more digits, although i have something like 2377 or something like that.
2. I was doing Edrik's vault in Dragonspyre, when I was dying, so I called 2 of my friends, Joshua LifeHunter and Jasmine RainSpear, and they BOTH told me 'it says your busy' and I'm honestly not busy, unless you consider your upcoming death from a fight busy. PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ fix this i get really angry once i'm in the last match and i die :? i already beat it now, but that was before.

Thanks for Reading!

-Nicholas RubyShard; Level 46 Pyromancer
-Daniel WildHunter; Level 41 Pyromancer

In response to number 2, I believe people aren't supposed to be able to port into tower dungeons. They can enter with you on the sigils though.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2009
I can't seam to get to Oakheart the door won't open.I'm a level 50 Grandmaster Theurgist.Malinda Woo said i'm supposed to talk to the 3 great trees of the Spiral.I'v talked to Bartleby the world tree in wizard city, and Niles the balance tree in Krokotopia.But it won't let me talk with Oakheart in Mooshu it shows that a blue light is on which means that there's a quest inside.

please help ,
Autumn

Hi zeke,

I ran into a bit of a quest bug today in Crystal Grove. It was Milaka Jewelbenders first quest to get rid of 8 spiders in the area. The quest was not specific to any particular spider, and I was just taking whichever spiders wandered down the road. However, I noticed that even though the quest arrows were pointing at them as well, the Corupted Weavers were not being counted towards the quest totals. I tested this a few times, and no luck.

I didnt have any problems completeing the quest with the other spiders to kill, however you might want to look into this issue. If you have any other questions about this, just let me know.

Thanks,
Adrian Hartery

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
PyramidRune wrote:
Hollen1233 wrote:
Got a message saying "if you leave the dungeon now, you will lose all progress...are you sure you want to leave?"

Quest: "Activate Them", in Krokotopia, Royal Hall, from Gordon Fleming.

Had to activate three obelisks, then defeat Spiritcrusher in his Tomb. After defeating Spiritcrusher, the yellow arrow points me to the exit of the dungeon, but the message appeared saying I would lose all progress. I don't remember getting this message when I did this quest on my other wizards.

I DID leave the dungeon and I did NOT lose the progress. Looks like the "leaving dungeon" message might be a bug.

Scot MythMender

You finished the required quest that you automatically get once you enter a dungeon, because if you look at your quest page you'll have the quest that sent you in there, (Usually is to fight the boss) and when you enter you'll have a quest that has a symbol that looks like a sigil on it. If you had left through the entrance before you finished the quest you would have to start the dungeon quest all over. The message was added in an update recently.

I guess I'm still confused. :(

I can understand the message appearing if I tried to leave the dungeon "before" I finished the quest. As a matter of fact, a few times when I got turned around and lost my sense of direction, I did accidentally go the wrong way and left a dungeon early by mistake. I lost my progress and had to start over again.

So I think the new message / warning is a good idea.

But my question is this. I just took a second wizard through the "Activate Them" quest. I again "did" defeat Spiritcrusher, and when I went to leave the dungeon I got the message / warning saying that I would lose my progress. There is only one way to leave this dungeon, and the arrow does point me in that direction. Other than that I would have to teleport to the Oasis, and then go all the way back to talk to the Assistant again.

So isn't this a bug? I shouldn't get the message / warning if I "did" complete the quest. If it is not a bug, my apologies.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
i was doing the moon part of the sactom of the stars and my friend teleported strait tothe boss when the forse shield was still up.

Survivor
May 07, 2010
Not Happy

I am a death student. A life friend Called for help with her level 58 quest and I was able to port into her with no problem, however when I try to call friends into my level 58 boss battle they get informed that I am busy. A myth friend of mine also told me that he has the same problem with trying to get his friends into his 58th level battle. I believe that this is really unfair that some people can get help with theirs and others cant. Is there a trick to getting people to port in? Or is this a bug? A reply would be greatly appriciated because I am getting very fustrated trying to get the spectral dragon spell. I am a huge fan of this game and have recomended it to others who are now paid members, and I would hate to get discouraged out of playing it. Please Let me know if there is something I can do to get my friends in with me.

Midnightwolf

Survivor
Oct 14, 2009
Getting to Celestia and .. what about Ambrose?

Do I need to talk to Ambrose to get to Celestia? What are the steps to getting to Celestia? I am wondring because it seems like I need to speak with Ambrose, but when I talk to him, he says "come and see me! I have important news for you.. about Celestia!".... and nothing happens.. :(

(yes, I saw that sometimes Ambrose calls you, then when you get there he has nothing for you. But I'd like to know how to get to Celestia, and if Ambrose really does have anything to do with that?)

Thanks,
Neela FairyPants

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Besides the items listed on the Known Bugs page, have you encountered a true bug?

If so post the information here, and we'll work hard to squash it!

Ok, here is my complaint/Bug! I do feel this is a bug and should be fixed A.S.A.P.

Cloak! It is not invisible! It puts up a marker with a ? to your enemy. The enemy can see the marker with the ?

A Dispel is by his head, a trap is around his body, a shield is around your body, a feint, is so obvious it is not even funny! How is this cloaked? because it has a ? No, cloaked means that the enemy has no idea what is coming because they can't see what is coming! Any player with any sense can see what is coming. KI please fix this

Next Issue! Earthquake- Still removes Stun Shields also, earthquake removes prisms or converts which are not charms! Not sure on this, but in no way shape or form, should an earthquake automatically remove an absorb or Ice Armor! Definitely not the Ice Armor! Shields yes, but the other 2 are specialty items and should not be classified as the same as a standard shield!

KI please fix these problems and make the game that much better!

Thank you!

Survivor
Feb 25, 2010
I have been fighting in stormriven hall to pick up storm shards for four days now. I have killed everything in there at least if not more than 30 times to no avail. When I go to the pedestal and click the x, it opens up with two blanks and I am told that I need to get one from the rubble and the others from Water Lurkers and Morgantine Soldiers. By the way, there are water lurkers, but nothing called morgantine in there except the one who tells me to do this. My other friends completed this quest on the first day. I am falling so far behind them and cannot move on until I get them. Why is this happening to me and no one else I know? Is this happening to just me or are others having the same problem?

Also, on my death character, I am trying to make 2 constellation jewels and 2 stingers of scropion; however, the cool down time never changes. I have played on the character for the past week, but the cool down period still remains at 8 and 9 hours. Why can't I make them when I have the recipe and all the reagents, but the crafting machine will not cool down for me?

Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
hi,
i have a death char and recently i have noticed that when i cast empower it sometimes only gives me 2 pips or 1 pip. and it says on the card that it takes 500 health for 3 pips, not 1 or 2 pips.

mycin owlfist

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
I have 2 more Mander Minion bugs regarding Donate Power:

FIRST ONE
1) Use Judgement
2) Mander casts Donate Power
3) If your next pip is a power pip, instead of two pips + 1 power pip, it will erase the two pips with the one power pip, leaving you with a single power pip.

SECOND ONE
1) Have 6 pip slots filled
2) Use Judgement
3) Mander Casts Donate Power
4) Instead of getting 2 pips, you only get 1 pip, as if you still had 6 pip slots filled.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
Bladestorm sounds like a storm spell cast instead of a balance spell cast

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
kodiboy wrote:
Bladestorm sounds like a storm spell cast instead of a balance spell cast

This is not a bug.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
I've noticed a bug when using the water elemental minion, and I don't know if it's the taunt spell itself, or if it's just the water elemental.

HOW IT'S DONE:
1)Get in a battle with at least 2 enemies
2)Summon water elemental
3)Wait to kill the enemy in the "dagger" slot until water elemental is ready to cast taunt (notice that taunt is targeting the first enemy, in this case, dagger)
4)Kill the enemy in the "dagger" slot
5)Water elemental will not cast taunt because the "dagger" enemy is gone, even though taunt is supposed to target everyone

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
cejaycj wrote:
Hi. I keep getting a message that says 'area not ready' when i try to port to my house. Why is this? I used to be able to go to my house all the time. :(

level 60 B wizard

It hasn't loaded yet. Try again.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
Not a "true bug" but Grizzleheim's "zoomed out" map isn't loading anymore.