Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Have a bug? Post it here.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
Not sure if this was intended or not, but since the gardening update the quest helper is not working right. not the toggle but the arrow itself. My quest helper will be on, but the arrow disappears on quests that it didn't used to. And in places where my quest location does not show up on the map. There is one in Marleybone, I believe in Chelsea Court to locate a warehouse, the quest arrow shuts off and the warehouse does not show up on the map. When clicking on the quest it does NOT say that quest helper is not available or allowed.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
crazygoodgypsy58 wrote:
HELP!!! I have a major problem be it a bug or whatever. I am attempting to play one of my wizards and I go to the classroom page now this wizard is supposed to be female and it is now male. When I click on play the game starts and I have a pet but no wizard. Please help me find my wizard.
cool turn into a pet

Survivor
Aug 24, 2010
Google Chrome cannot download the "patch" version of the of the game so i don't know what to complain about!

Andrew Legend Fist, Lv 31 Pryomancer

P.S. MB doesn't have enough scrap metal

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
On the quest list, it shows you the location and such, but this one is messed up.
NOTE: If I use quest tracker, it also says '7 of 4'
Lose the Looters
Defeat and Collect
Burly Trolls
Mooshu Tea
7 of 4
Marleybone
Knight's Court
68 (gold)
1140 (experience)

Also, I know you cannot sell treasure cards made with tough or accuracy spells at the bazaar. But as I have found a few cards dropped from enemies that will not sell, even though I got them from foes. It just has the sell for 1 gold, and you cannot click the sell button.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Besides the items listed on the Known Bugs page, have you encountered a true bug?

If so post the information here, and we'll work hard to squash it!

hello zeke i have found a very mean bug this has happened to me like 5 times when i am at the arena and i join a fight 1v1 or 2v2 i dont do anything other then that any more but when i click go to arena the game has a lot of lag in it the loading page pops up and then i am stand ack in the lobby with 31 less points the last time this happened to me it left my friend to fight a 2v1 he did win but it was a very long fight he had to beat 2 grandmasters and as a adept ice thats not so easy

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Hollen1233 wrote:
Honeybee313 wrote:
I saw the update notes today and read about the Quest Tracker shortcut being changed to "Ctrl - T".

I was in Dragonspyre today (The Forum), and my Quest Tracker worked sometimes, but not others.

I know that it doesn't work on the Books and Roses quests. I get a message saying "you can't use quest tracker for this quest". That's okay.

But then I tried to use it on other quests ("Meet the new boss" and another one from DarkStone). The yellow arrow shows up okay in the Quest Log box and I don't get any error message saying I can't use it on those quests, but the Quest Tracker arrow doesn't show on my screen.

I played with Ctrl + T, on and off, and still no arrow.

But yet, if I choose a quest from another world (like Grizzelheim), the arrow appears okay.

I didn't have this problem yesterday or the day before that either. It just started today, after the updates.

Jasmine StormWalker

Okay. The same problem happened today too. Got a quest from Darkstone in the Forum to "Locate the Abandoned Tower in The Forum".

Yellow Quest Arrow is showing okay when I look in the Quest Log box for this quest. But it doesn't show on the screen.

All other Quest Arrows are showing okay except this one.

Valkoor Skullthief

I saw some posts on the message boards that people are saying their quest arrow is working okay. But I am still having problems.

Today it happened on two of my wizards on the same quest:

In Dragonspyre, "Forward...into History" to Find the Vault Keeper's Key in the Grand Chasm. The yellow arrow is showing okay in the Quest Log Box but it doesn't show on the screen.

Characters were Bailey MythFinder and Amber WindBlossom.

Survivor
Nov 04, 2010
During some battles my cards are invisble. THe timer is also invisble. I have no idea what cards I am choosing.

This just started today.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Oops...I was wrong. Disregard this note below. I found them. Sorry.
==================

My Giving Tree and my plants have disappeared.

I planted the Giving Tree and the plants from Farley, and today I can't find them. They are not at my house (I have 2 houses and checked both). They are not in my bank, backpack, or shared bank.

Anyone else having a problem?

(Note: I did send an e-mail to support@wizard101.com.)

Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
i cant get on i just got on the other game then after that i got a gift card and now a cant get on why cant i let me no i think i got hacked or something i am mad figure it out now before my sudscridshin runs out

Survivor
May 30, 2009
In Grizzlehiem: When I go up to the fifth yard bird, it won't make that sound that it usually does when I find something for Prospector Zeke. I don't know what to do!

Marissa Nightheart :(

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Just came across a couple of very annoying bugs.

Went to do some farming in the Tomb of the Beguiler. Started out and took out all of the kroks in the first hallway before Serket. Entered the combination and opened the door, then had to go take care of a couple of things. I stayed logged in during this time.

It took me longer than expected and when I had retuned, I had been kicked due to inactivity. Restarted and was placed at the entrance to the Tomb. Well time to restart.

I went into the tomb and noticed Jah'mes (sp?) didn't have the mark above his head for the quest. Okay I thought maybe the dungeon didn't reset despite me getting kicked. The Kroks were back in the hallway and I thought that was maybe something that happened if you hadn't been in for a while. Whatever, I'm farming so I just get more stuff. I killed all of the Kroks again, but when I got to Serkets chamber, the door was shut and it wouldn't open.

I tried leaving the dungeon, I tried logging out I tried everything but the door wouldn't open. Time to start over again. I walked out the front door and reset the dungeon.

I enter and this time bypass the kroks since I had already killed them twice. Straight to Serket and then Serket Guardian. No problems. Kill all of the mummies on the second level and go for Ata Karanahn.

During the battle, I kept getting bad draws on my cards. I finally got Judgement and killed Ata Karanahn but couldn't heal before his pet mummies killed me. Out to the Oasis, heal and replenish mana and back to the dungeon.

I got to Ata Karanahn's chamber and he was still dead but the two mummies remained. Kill them and I can go on. Wrong! I killed the mummies but the Mander in the room (can't remember his name) didn't get the mark above his head. In addition, the quests helper kept pointing to the middle of the room.

So despite having killed Ata Karanahn, it didn't count it since I died but didn't respawn him. I again attempted leaving and logging out but nothing worked.

I don't know if this occurs in other dungeons but this is really annoying. Hope it can get fixed.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Another "oops" from me. I was at the "main" teleporter stone in The Grotto. That's why it wouldn't light up. I need to go find the "other" one to light up.

Disregard my note below (or delete this post). Thank you.

===============================================
I cannot activate the Teleporter stone in The Grotto in Celestia.

I went up to it, went around it, went away and came back to it. Nothing. It won't activate.

I logged on yesterday and went back on today. I still cannot activate it.

Jasmine StormWalker

Survivor
Apr 08, 2010
Dear Zeke,

In the Pet Derby, just after finishing my first lap, it takes me directly to the standings page where your pet and the other pets sit on the level that they placed. The race still continues in the background and all I can do is cheer and rapidly press the space button hoping to duck or jump over an obstacle while my pet hopelessly runs on. This happens to me on every racing map and has happened the past six time I have tried to race. Please Squash this nasty bug so I can continue racing my pet. :D Thanks!

Survivor
May 12, 2010
My character, level 44 Fire Mage defeated Jade Oni, and heard the speech about the Jade Champion having the key and all of that, but I think I left the dungeon without actually speaking directly to the Emperor because in their speech they implied that I now had the key, so I didn't pay attention to my quest tracker. As a result, I don't have the Dragonspyre spiral key and my quest tracker is telling me I need to talk to Emperor Yoshihito (An Imperial Cure), but when I go back in the dungeon there is no Emperor in any form. He's not there, the Jade Champion won't talk to me, and the obelisk is also unable to be used, so my character is essentially frozen in Mooshu and unable to move forward.

I have tried exiting the dungeon and re-entering several times, going to different worlds and coming back, and logging in from both computers in my house and nothing makes the Emperor appear.

I don't know why the Emperor isn't there, but if you could fix it so that he is, or fix my character to have the Dragonspyre spiral key so that I could continue playing, that would be awesome.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
I was buying new clothes, when i changed into them I became Invisible!

Is this a glitch? how can i fix this, People can see me but i cannot see myself

Please help

Thanks =)

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Besides the items listed on the Known Bugs page, have you encountered a true bug?

If so post the information here, and we'll work hard to squash it!

I have this bug and it shows this yellow thing that i do not know about

Survivor
Dec 04, 2010
When my character became a level twenty-five Headmaster Ambrose told me to report to his office as soon as possible because something for me has come, but when I got there he only told me that I need to search for more of malistire's plans. Was thins suppose to happen or is this a real bug.

Please help as soon as possible.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
im not sure if its a bug, but Ive been trying to log on, but in the window where you type your password in, it freezes up.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
Well, I'm not exactly sure if this is a bug or not but this morning when i logged into my balance wizard in krok, the quest arrow wasnt showing up. I know that ctrl-t turns quest tracker on and off, so I tried that and it still didn't work. So i checked to see that i had a quest chosen and that quest helper was on, which i was, and i also had my quest selected! This is a problem for me because i am totally dependant on the quest tracker. Pease help as soon as possiable! :(

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Honeybee313 wrote:
I saw the update notes today and read about the Quest Tracker shortcut being changed to "Ctrl - T".

I was in Dragonspyre today (The Forum), and my Quest Tracker worked sometimes, but not others.

I know that it doesn't work on the Books and Roses quests. I get a message saying "you can't use quest tracker for this quest". That's okay.

But then I tried to use it on other quests ("Meet the new boss" and another one from DarkStone). The yellow arrow shows up okay in the Quest Log box and I don't get any error message saying I can't use it on those quests, but the Quest Tracker arrow doesn't show on my screen.

But yet, if I choose a quest from another world (like Grizzelheim), the arrow appears okay.

I didn't have this problem yesterday or the day before that either. It just started today, after the updates.

Jasmine StormWalker

I am having the same problems. The other day the helper just disappeared all toghether for a couple of the quest.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
I just posted this in the same forum but it happens every time when the circumstances are perfect. It could be a bug:

"If the Helpful Mander casts donate power on you, and in the same turn is killed (this only happens if you go first), watch how the pips given to you are suddenly removed. "

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
i think this is a bug
today i wanted to write something but it didn't show up ( the speech bubble ) i can use text chat and i wasn't in any group
also i wanted to buy a stink weed but when i clicked buy it said someting that i can't buy it
it had the rank( stink weed is a too rank so people who are a rank too or higher garderner can buy it) and i am rank too gardener i also had more gold than it cost
why can't i buy it

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
sanmil0963 wrote:
Honeybee313 wrote:

Jasmine StormWalker

I am having the same problems. The other day the helper just disappeared all toghether for a couple of the quest.

Hi Sanmil. I did answer one of your posts under the Halston section (Quest Helper is working). I mentioned in there that Mr. Lincoln has responded to some other posts on the boards, and he said they are aware of problems with the yellow arrow on the quest helper. Somtimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Mr. Lincoln said to contact him if you run into this problem. Send an e-mail to support@wizard101.com, and if you can, give them the name of the quest (or quests) where this happened to you. They will look into it.

Thanks. :-)

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
Ok i have some bugs that i wish for you to squash. Thank You!

1. When i leveled i could have sworn that my Mana was more than 200 but then when i leveled up it was 200 maybe i just looked wrong.

2. Sometimes my Quest Tracker arrow vanishes when my Quest Tracker is ON, and the quest still shows like Talk to (insert name) in (insert area). but the arrow is gone and my Quest Tracker is ON.

3. Maybe this is my computer, but sometimes when i see people cast spells or i do it freezes like for 5 seconds and then i don't see the Spell Mark but the spell still casts, kinda like Spectral Blast.

Thanks for reading please squash these bugs

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
I forgot to post this on my other message

Please squash these bugs also.

1. When i heal somebody or they heal my their is a BLOCK kinda sound and i still get the heal but i don't see my health change until after the battle or the next turn.

2. Also when i get attacked in Celestia (ported to friend) when i took the damage it did not show changed health until after the battle.

Thanks!