Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Have a bug? Post it here.

AuthorMessage
Besides the items listed on the Known Bugs page, have you encountered a true bug?

If so post the information here, and we'll work hard to squash it!

Greyrose following up:
The Test Realm is currently online - check the update notes to determine if your bug has already been fixed before adding it to this thread.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/january2011

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Besides the items listed on the Known Bugs page, have you encountered a true bug?

Mr. Zeke, not sure exactly what you consider a bug, but these things do occur.
1. Cauliflower and something else, only sell for 1 gold
2. When you are selling, it shows a price that the item sells for, but on a lot of reagents and pet snacks, when you go to sell it, that price changes drastically. Not that I am bulk selling, nor are there any of that item in stock, just a huge reduction from listed sale price.
3. A lot of us, spent a lot of crowns, on wonderful items such as the crulean edge or the ice wand. Or a lot of us really like the looks of a wand, this is not a bug, but something I think should be worked on. Can you all make a way to fuse (Stitch) Wands please!

Not sure if any of those are what you would consider bugs, but a bug is something that annoys you, so they are to me...

Thank you for listening Mr. Zeke

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
This is a minor technical / graphics bug.

In Mooshu, in the Village of Sorrow, the Befouled Woodwalkers and Oakheart...

when they use the spell where they pick up the rock in the center of the circle and throw it at you, they don't quite connect with the rock. Their fingers are just a little bit short of reaching the rock. It almost looks like they are making the rock levitate, instead of actually picking it up.

Explorer
Oct 30, 2010
I was in Hyde Park and the game started lagging. I made the particles really low, the resolution high,turned off the quest helper and made the full screan option off and it still lagged.

P.s: The game didn't lag in any other place.

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
Sometimes, my game freezes randomly, monsters walks off the map when this happens. Happened many times to me too, it's annoying! Then, it stops, things are back to normal, then, THE BUG STARTS AGAIN! (sry, caps )

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Used a Level 40 Fire henchman. When he went to cast the Raging Kraken, the spell showed only a "white card block" over his nametag. It didn't show the Raging Kraken picture. I know this was a bug previously, but I thought it was fixed?

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
Attempted Javascript Attack With COLOR

Myrna Dragon
Level 43 ~ Master Thaumaturge

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
There is still the problem of going through the gates in the Colosseum on Krokotopia. [ Arena with Bort Maletmane, the Wild Sunbird, etc. ]
If you take a few runs at it, you eventually barrel your way through, but for the most part it just shoves you back repeatedly.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
Oops, forgot to mention -

When you lose and regain connection, everything disappears from your screen such as your globes and spellbook. Pressing Ctrl+G can bring them back, but they are unusable and you must quit to the character selection page to refresh it.

Mooshu lag is another story altogether, but you already know about that.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2009
When I was in DS doing the "Final Countdown" Quest, one group of spiders were shown as storm, but used ONLY fire. Nothing else. Just thought I'd let you know. Thanks!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Seems like the doors or gates in the Grand Arena in Krokotopia are acting up again. It happens on Firebird and Bart Malletmane (spelling?) that I know of. When you try to go thru the door or gate, it keeps pushing you back and won't let you in. If you press and hold down the forward arrow key, after about a minute or so it will let you in.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:

Mr. Zeke,

I wanted to let you know, that this is a Bug and does need to be fixed. Okay, when I am in a battle, say second or third man in. And, for whatever reason, the guy in first or second place leaves or gets booted, every time, when I am casting a blade, or shield on myself, it goes to the next person or, if nobody else is there, it just does not cast.

This happens every time!

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
When the Lophians in the Crustacean Empire use the attack where they go in the middle they just stand there. You don't see an attack animation or you being injured and it doesn't show how much damage you receive. As previously mentioned Cauliflower and something else only sell for 1 gp even though they are rank 5, and the Spicy Wings snack or something like that are a rank 0. Last I saw, and it had been this way for a while, the image on the Doom and Gloom treasure card was nothing and you just saw what was behind it in.

Quinn Deaththorn - Legendary Necromancer

Survivor
May 04, 2009
I was just in the Labyrinth going after my Level 58 Efreet for my Blaze character when after defeating Bristleback and Steelweilder, when the game froze me in the street and let 2 cyclops attack me, while I could select nothing! This was after I had purchased WITH CROWNS, 2 life henchmen and spent 20 to 30 minutes working on it.

This happened today between approx 4:00 and 4:40 eastern time.

Who gives me back my crowns and/or credits me with the 2 kills and lets me start back in there working on number 3?

This was really annoying.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Was in the Ahnic Family Tomb in the Tomb of Storms. Talked to Mshai Djeserit. He told me to go to The Bonekeeper.

After I defeated The Bonekeeper, when I went to leave the room, I got a message saying "if I leave the dungeon now, all progress would be lost".

The Bonekeeper isn't a dungeon. I did leave the room, and I went back to talk to Mshai Djeserit okay. I did not lose the progress from defeating The Bonekeeper.

Not sure why I got the message about "the dungeon"...

Survivor
Oct 09, 2010
I trained the myth imp pet exclusively for the life/death dispel. I was late to find out that it did not work, and disappointed.

I switched to another pet. After reading in a recent update that the dispel problem had been fixed I started training the imp again ( buying snacks and energy for crowns) only to find out it still doesnt work.

Is this bug going to be fixed? has it been determined that the imp will not have the dispels? What is going on with the imp?

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Oh and i dont know if this is luck the card i get from my helephant ( the powered up version of helephant) seems to fizzle way to much.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Honeybee313 wrote:
On Colossus Blvd., I was fighting the Gobbler Gorgers and Gobbler Scouters yesterday and today.

I was alone, but in the empty circle next to me, whenever I would cast a spell, the empty circle would have something like five golden rings going up and down and then at the top of the rings there was a golden face, like a mask.

Then when I killed one of the Gorgers and Scouters, the same thing would happen on the empty circle where they just died. Golden rings, then a golden face/mask at the top of the rings. Really weird...

Happened more than once, yesterday and today.

Here's an update. Today I was fighting Firevein in Dragonspyre.

I found out what the golden rings and golden face are...

Today, I rented two Level 60 Ice Henchmen. They both cast Mega Taunt and Mega Distract. It casts golden rings and the golden face with the spell.

But when I saw this on Colossus Blvd., I was playing alone. I don't have these spells and I didn't cast them. And they appeared on an empty circle after I defeated the Gorgers and/or Scouters.

Also, the spell appeared on the empty circle next to me. But I doubt that the Goblers and/or Scouters have that spell. Not sure...

Amber WindBlossom

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
In Mooshu, in the Cave of Solitude, on the Corrupted Earth Spirits and on Oakheart, when you cast a power spell on them, you cannot see the amount of damage that is done with the spell. The numbers are too high above them, and before the screen moves and you get to see the number, it has faded away. This happens a lot in other places too. Example: in Krokotopia, in the Pyramid of the Sun with the Sandstalkers (not sure of their name), and with Any Nirini. If they are TALL, you can't see the damage numbers.

I'm sure there are many other characters where this happens, but I didn't make a note of them all.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2010
Hi Zeke,

I ran into a bit of a quest bug today in Crystal Grove. It was Milaka Jewelbenders first quest to get rid of 8 spiders in the area. The quest was not specific to any particular spider, and I was just taking whichever spiders wandered down the road. However, I noticed that even though the quest arrows were pointing at them as well, the Corupted Weavers were not being counted towards the quest totals. I tested this a few times, and no luck.

I didnt have any problems completeing the quest with the other spiders to kill, however you might want to look into this issue. If you have any other questions about this, just let me know.

Thanks,
Adrian Hartery

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
idk if this is a problem with my computer or this is a bug but this is ANOYING!
my internet is extrymly slow from yesterday ( it worked fast ) and wizard101 does not even wants to LOAD!

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Honeybee313 wrote:
Used a Level 40 Fire henchman. When he went to cast the Raging Kraken, the spell showed only a "white card block" over his nametag. It didn't show the Raging Kraken picture. I know this was a bug previously, but I thought it was fixed?
this happens to me but the card works as normal

Survivor
May 04, 2009
sashaison wrote:
I was just in the Labyrinth going after my Level 58 Efreet for my Blaze character when after defeating Bristleback and Steelweilder, when the game froze me in the street and let 2 cyclops attack me, while I could select nothing! This was after I had purchased WITH CROWNS, 2 life henchmen and spent 20 to 30 minutes working on it.

This happened today between approx 4:00 and 4:40 eastern time.

Who gives me back my crowns and/or credits me with the 2 kills and lets me start back in there working on number 3?

This was really annoying.

LOL, me again! Ignore my issue please. I didn't realise or get the hint from Falmea that I didn't actually have to 'do' the Labyrinth Dungeon to get the Efreet. When I went in the dungeon, my Quest marker changed to the Labyrinth Dungeon Quest instead of the Efreet Quest, so I was following the wrong quest marker. If that marker had been active, I could have just stood still for a moment in the street by the lava, he would have appeared automatically.

Oh well. Check your quest markers all. I know I will be from now on. LOL

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
OKay, Mr Zeke I am kind of mad! I completed BriskBreeze Tower but recieved no badge!

Survivor
Nov 23, 2010
i fought foulgaze and went to ambrose afterwards but it said I had to defeat him to get the key. help!