Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The role of all schools

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Many have forgotten the roles of family/group play schools and are always buffing themselves and attacking and do nothing other than that. I just wanted to remind everyone the roles of these schools. Please bear in mind that I am not trying to force you to use this skill. Just stating it.

Ice
is a very powerful school indeed, though this school lacks attack power, it is exceedingly good at causing the enemy to lack attack power. Ice wizards can go first in battle to generate an automatic threat and also use their taunt spells to cause the enemies to attack them. Also they can use their ice armor spell with many pips to become extremely complicated to defeat, also tower shield will help with this. They are already complicated to defeat as is because of their natural high health and resistance for all schools. Also their new spell the snow angel allows them to attack all enemies for a moderate amount of damage + taunt them. Most affective when using a life wizard.

Life
is known for being extremely supportive and healing their friends as well as themselves, along with that life wizards have low to moderate attack spells. The lifeblade is also stronger then many other blades adding to this. Also the spirit armor can be put on a friend to prevent damage as well as themselves as well. Also the guidance will help friends to not fizzle.

Balance
is also powerful as are life and ice, balance wizards are most affective in group though they can solo pretty well to. They have a ward for every school as well as a trap and blade. Also they have few universal traps and blades which can be used on a friend or all friends to help any attack boost to a powerful amount. Also balance wizards can heal, while not as powerful as life wizard in this healing, I have seen some balance wizards charge for a pretty strong helping hands, of course with troll ear pendant, gear and a few boosts from my life wizard.

Storm
this one is easily found out. I would say all storm wizards are doing what they are suppose to. The main role of a storm wizard is to attack the enemies while the rest of the system does its work. Storm wizards have the most powerful attacks of any of the schools, while constantly fizzling, storm wizards can attack the enemies a strong amount of damage.

Fire
also for attacking, fire wizards are not as powerful with single, direct attacks they are extremely well with their overtime spells.

Myth
is also for attacking as well as other things as well. Myth wizards have the power to remove negative and positive wards from opponents and team mates, myth wizards also have the earthquake which will remove all charms and wards from opponents.

Death
wizards possess many powers such as the beguile which can confuse an opponent and trick them into helping you for a round. Along with this they can steal health from their opponents and sacrifice their own health to save a friendly target from possible death, or just add a little bit to their health. Also this can be a powerful technique to remove negative wards such as the feint or hex or even another death wizards death or curse. Also they can sacrifice a slightly larger amount of health to quickly accumulate 3 pips. You must be careful with these spells as they can consume a larger amount of health and consume positive wards, however, it can also remove the weakness. Most affective when used with the death shield spell.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
Ok, look. you have your opinion. the rest of the world has theirs. That's just what YOU think. I'm a life wizard, so i would know that us "healers" are constantly underappreciated. The most we have ever gotten for healing people is a "thanks", worse than that is "thx", meaning they really didn't care about what we did for them (most of the time, anyway,) and sometimes we get NO THANKS AT ALL. And, by the time we get enough blades and traps to do some serious damage, a wizard of a different school uses something to kill them first. There goes our XP.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
pikachuace3 wrote:
Ok, look. you have your opinion. the rest of the world has theirs. That's just what YOU think. I'm a life wizard, so i would know that us "healers" are constantly underappreciated. The most we have ever gotten for healing people is a "thanks", worse than that is "thx", meaning they really didn't care about what we did for them (most of the time, anyway,) and sometimes we get NO THANKS AT ALL. And, by the time we get enough blades and traps to do some serious damage, a wizard of a different school uses something to kill them first. There goes our XP.
I to am a life wizard. I do not want your complaints. Use shields. HEAL yourself. These are the proffessional roles of all of the schools. I did not say there weren't others. Also didn't I add that I am not trying to FORCE anyone to use this and am just reminding the people of wizard101 of their abilities? If not I meant to. Maybe life just isn't the school for you if you are constantly being defeated. Maybe you should try something else like ice. With their powerful, universal shields and exceedingly high health and resistance, you will never be defeated, thus, giving you time to use all your fancy little blades and traps you trained for you soloing one hit kills.

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
Good Ideas but you left out one thing for storm and one for myth. Myth is also known for its minions. Storm though, they have the power to get rid of charms such as myth blade off the opponent or infection from your team. Though the storm one is sort of minor. But myth minions are huge part of myth.

Cya around the spiral

Luke ThunderShade Legendary Myth

Survivor
May 05, 2009
Thanks for all the compliments to Ice, however others like pikachuace might feel offended.