Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

WIZARD 101-Scythia: the 8th world

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
FoxFyr wrote:
whitefire45 wrote:
I know this is probaly a dumb question but again what is alchemy?

Alchemy is the art of turning one thing into another thing with different elemental components (as in "Periodic Table," not "Fire, Ice, and Storm").

K but
i heard earlier in this post something about rune magic so what about that?

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
yes the pronunciation is Sith- ee (he)- ah (aa). I think it was an actual place back in old Scandinavia. Bit I'm not sure, I may have made it up off Celestia though lol. I can't remember lol.

FoxFyr you have to look at the meaning of Alchemy in the magical sense not the physical. The magic of Alchemy has much to do with your sub-conscious (the inner self) rather than anything physical. think telepathy or sage arts, that might help you understand it a little better even though it's not telepathy but the correlation is good.

And yeah this is MY idea not Kings Isle. Nothing that i posted here represents anything that Ki is doing. It is merely an idea, a suggestion, not a fact. Please do not get it twisted. I am not speaking on behalf of KI or anyone. i am merely suggesting MY idea for a new world to the game and hope it gets consider: nothing more nothing less.

Coret1cool i am a DUDE. Please people, a DUDE. And yes men can come up with brilliant ideas too lol.

Until next time

Keep the comments coming and remember am a HE.... :)

Defender
May 17, 2009
With any other post I read about new worlds and new spells, I always thought, "Guys KI is going to think up their own ideas, so stop taking up space." But when I read this post, I realized that this one has a very good chance of getting in. Great job NicoUzumaki :) :-) :D

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
Nico i know your busy with thinking about a whole bunch of stuff for this new world but consider creating a new triangle like the elemental, spirit or astral triangle unless its like balance.

some ideas:

rune magic (mentioned earlier.)

alchemy (your idea.)

and mabey plasma

thats a triangle but tell me if you got something better

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:
yes the pronunciation is Sith- ee (he)- ah (aa). I think it was an actual place back in old Scandinavia. Bit I'm not sure, I may have made it up off Celestia though lol. I can't remember lol.

FoxFyr you have to look at the meaning of Alchemy in the magical sense not the physical. The magic of Alchemy has much to do with your sub-conscious (the inner self) rather than anything physical. think telepathy or sage arts, that might help you understand it a little better even though it's not telepathy but the correlation is good.

Dude, you were the one who defined alchemy as transmuting substances. And now you DENY that definition? If one of many others I know did that, I'd say they were just being difficult.

Also, thanks for the pronunciation.

Coret1cool i am a DUDE. Please people, a DUDE. And yes men can come up with brilliant ideas too lol.

Until next time

Keep the comments coming and remember am a HE....

Dear Lord, I feel your pain....

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:

Mastery of Alchemy, a form of magic that requires intense control over ones subconscious and understanding and mastery of the inner self, was at the forefront of the Scythian culture. News of their prowess in changing metal into gold and transmuting any normal object into an elixir or source of magical energy spread throughout the spiral and soon rumors abound that they have transmuted the Elixir of Life.

It was Albert Einstein who said, "When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking." I hope this answers your question about alchemy. The eighteenth century poet Alexander Pope said, "The proper study of mankind is man.” If these two eminent gentlemen are correct, the study of magic and alchemy should be at the forefront of the investigations of all educated persons."

Alchemists look within for the answers to everything. They use that part of their subconscious to under stand matter since that very matter is apart of us anyways, and therein lies the answer. The magic of alchemy is not the physical transmutation of an object into a substance but achieving enlightenment and self-mastery through the intense control of thoughts, will, and mind along with the essence of higher forces to bring about a desired goal.

I believe this is what I said about Alchemy. The first sentence speaks to alchemy as a form of magic while the second sentence speaks to alchemy as a profession.

In my very first post which is no longer on here because I edited it, I said that the Scythians discovered a new form of magic through the transmuting of substances: Alchemy.

There are two sides to it, the scientific side and the magical side. The Scythians are involved in every aspect of alchemy both transmuting things and using alchemy as a form of magic. It's like a mechanic who builds a plane and uses that plane to travel to another location. Therefore, he's both a mechanic and an aviator. Not sure if this makes sense.

Visit the balance school in the Krokosphinx and read the tome on the school of balance, the explanation is synonymous to how alchemy as a profession and alchemy as a magical art is related.

It gets a little confusing unless you actually read up on Alchemy.

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
wow i posted like a month ago and no one answered my question all i see is someone complimenting the post i don't see the world idea nico can you plz re post your idea so i can see it

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
joey110498 wrote:
wow i posted like a month ago and no one answered my question all i see is someone complimenting the post i don't see the world idea nico can you plz re post your idea so i can see it

It's om page one (1) it's the fifth post down.

I was editing it and somehow it got reposted as a comment so that's why it's not at the top.

I think I may have clicked on quote insread of edit...

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
A GREAT quest line Nico.

I hope this can be kept on the first page of the Dorms. Most do not go much deeper than the first couple of pages in the forums so it does not get read as much. I would like to see your idea put to work. I think you have done an awesome job with this new world idea.

I currently have a legendary life and will soon have the same in fire. But I don't want to push all my wizards and have them stacked up before a new world comes into play.

GOOD LUCK

And my apologies. I think I referred to you as female in one of my earlier replies. I am sorry.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
isnt this the same as marvel? your kinda getting off topic this is not super heroes even though i like the idea try to keep it a little off marvel wit thor and odin

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
slashersword4 wrote:
isnt this the same as marvel? your kinda getting off topic this is not super heroes even though i like the idea try to keep it a little off marvel wit thor and odin

And Marvel ripped it all off from Norse mythology. It's just a certain set of myths from a certain part of the world.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
slashersword4 wrote:

Marvel is not a story it is a company. Thor and Odin are not super heroes. Please go read up on greek and norse mythologies before you jump to conclusions.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
NicoUzumaki wrote:
Ok I can't update the original post because of the word limit so i will just put them here.

New level 70 gear (no idea what the title will be yet)

Wands/Swords

Saber of Everlasting Flames- +130 fire attack, 2 power pips, +40 critical rating

Odin’s Mysterious Blade- +130 myth attack, 2 power pips, +40 critical rating

Thunderblade of Zeus- +130 storm attack, 2 power pips, +40 critical rating

Reaper's Stylet of Doom- +130 death attack, 2 power pips, +40 critical rating

Adze of Everwinter- +130 ice attack, 2 power pips, +40 critical rating

Stiletto of truth- +130 life attack, 2 power pips, +40 critical rating

Longblade of Choas- +130 balance attack, 2 power pips, +40 critical rating

Hats

Helmet of Everlasting Flames- + 280 fire health, +9% accuracy, +19% fire boost, +14% storm/ ice resist,+30 critical

Mysterious Storyveil- + 280 myth health, +9% accuracy, +19% myth boost, +14% death/ life resist,+30 critical rating

Turbon of Doom- + 300 death health, +12% power pip chance, +26% death boost, +17% life/myth resist,+30 critical

Anubis Coif of Chaos- + 320 balance health, +12% pip chance, +26% balance boost, +10% storm/ ice/fire resist,+30 critical

Hood of Thunder-+ 200 storm health, +9% accuracy, +19% storm boost, +14% storm/ ice resist,+30 critical

Cowl of Everwinter- + 372 ice health, +5% accuracy, +11% ice boost, +13% shield,+30 critical

Headdress of truth- +320 life health, +12% power pip chance, +26%boost, +14% myth/ death resist,+30 critical

Robes

Cloak of Everlasting Flames- +330 Fire health, +20 critical&block,+12% accuracy,+23% fire boost, +18%storm/ice resist

Reaper’s Vengeful Garb-- +360 death health, +20 critical&block,+12pip chance,+25% death boost, +23% death resist

Chaotic Robe- +354 balance health, +20 critical&block,+12% pip chance,+29% balance boost, +11%myth/death/life resist

Vestment of truth-+354 life health, +20 critical&block,+12% pip chance,+29% life boost, +18%myth/death resist

Tunic of Thunder-+254 storm health, +20 critical&block,+14% accuracy,+33% storm boost, +18%fire/ice resist

Frostbite Garment-+372 ice health, 20 critical&block,+5% accuracy,+13% ice boost, +20% shield

Mysterious Armour- +314 myth health, +20 critical&block,+12% accuracy,+21% myth boost, +18%death/life resist

Boots

Everlasting Flamestalkers-+140 fire health,+7% accuracy,+16% fire boost,+11% storm/ice resist.+30 block rating

Reaper’s Tread of Doom-+150 death health,+10% pip chance,+19% death boost,+20% life resist,+12% myth resist,+30 critical block rating

Mysterious Striders-+140 myth health,+30 block rating,++8% accuracy,+17% myth boost, +11%fire/ice resist

Footwarps of Truth- +160 life health, +10% pip chance,+18% life boost, +11% death/myth resist,+30 critical block rating

Chaotic Trackers- +160 bal health, +10% pip chance,+18% bal boost, +9% fire/ice/storm resist,+30 critical block rating

Thunderous Footguards- +112 storm health, +9% accuracy,+23% storm boost,+11% fire/ice resist,+30 block rating

Frostbite Slippers
-+193 ice health,+11% shield,+5% accuracy,+11% ice boost,+30 block rating

I think this and the one I mention on 02/11/11 Friday's Editions, these would be fantastic.
Good Job Nico!

William ThunderSword
Legendary Balance

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
I am loving this idea daily! Keep it coming!!! :D
William ThunderSword

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
i have one question. while i'm really liking this idea, i am dying to ask this question.Is it legit? i really think this would be an awesome new world, and i think this would be a wonderful addition to the wizard101 game, and this is coming from a veteran MMORPG player, so i know what i am talking about. again, it is a great idea, so i am hoping that it comes into reality. and if you dont know what the level 70 name will be, i believe it will be Epic(just a guess, no facts). hope to get a response soon.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:
Just like grizzlehiem and the other worlds, there won't be any schools and there is no particular emphasis on one school or another.

The Scythian have their own unique form of magic which is Alchemy, however, they have stolen the Secrets of Valkyries Rune Magic and created a whole new powerful form of magic. This is what Morganthe is after. The Scythian are warrior-like people who use alchemy to aide then in their war against the Valkyries.

It is a work-in-progress, am thinking as i go along. I want to experiment with various mythologies. However, it requires a long of research and creative thinking but no use going that far if it's not gonna get considered. SO far I've been reading Egyptian mythologies, Norms Mythology, Chinese and Japanese mythology even Philippino mythologies. The rank 9 spells will come from several of these mythologies and so will the gear and equipment.

Am no artist or story writier but the goal is to give them a solid outline to work from, kinda liek a blue print. I'll include pictures from the internet of what i think the creatures etc could look like and they can draw inspiration from those.

i have some pretty cool rank 9 spells and 0f course balance get to summon a cool Creature fro m Ancient Egyptian myth. I know balance feel like they get less consideration so I gave them a cool spell.

Um, still in research phase so. am working on more. Of course i will use the stats from level 58 gear asa bench mark. I think this world will take the critical to a whole new level. base on the form of magic used in Scythia, the critical system will be a big deal lol even though i still am trying to understand it.

That's all for now. Until I get a green light from Pro Falmea :) i know I have to post my idea publicly in order for them to consider it (for legal reasons of course)
AWESOME IDEAS!!!i do a lot of mythology, and it sounds great if all else fails contact KI on wizard101central, alchemy is a good idea, the power of the mind, kind of like myth magic, :O i thought of something, Sythia is a mythic world, mooshu is like life, so A MYTH WORLD finally! good storyline by the way nico uzamaki, I LOVE THIS IDEA, i got a couple ideas for more bosses for the middle parts of the world and the beginning, if you need suggestions, Norse, greek and egyptian mythology mixed together would be awesome,

Beginning boss: Pan: iron magic, life magic, star magic. health: 5000
2nd boss: Yugan: Alchemy magic, myth magic. health: 4000 and one valkrye minion of 2500: Alechmy magic, Storm magic.
3rd boss: Ulrask: Iron magic. health: 6000
4th boss: Hava: Astral schools, balance. health: 3550. Minion: 2000. Iron magic (3 minions)
5th boss: Trollga:Iron, Alchemy, Astral, myth. health: 7000
6th boss (last boss, right before celestian queen) Kronos: Iron, Myth, Storm,Life,Death. health:8000
minions (2) Titans: Myth. health:3500
Valkrye guards (after kronos) health: 2000 (regular gaurds, not bosses, after kronos dies) school: Iron.
Celestian Queen: Last boss, to finish Sythia.

You have good spell ideas exept for the myth one: myth is kinda average attack, so the only fault is boost it up a but please :):):) 8) 8) :) :-) :D

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
ur87 wrote:
i have one question. while i'm really liking this idea, i am dying to ask this question.Is it legit? i really think this would be an awesome new world, and i think this would be a wonderful addition to the wizard101 game, and this is coming from a veteran MMORPG player, so i know what i am talking about. again, it is a great idea, so i am hoping that it comes into reality. and if you dont know what the level 70 name will be, i believe it will be Epic(just a guess, no facts). hope to get a response soon.

Well this is MY idea am not sure what you mean by "is it legit". If you are asking if this was sanctioned or approved by KI then the answer is no. To date no one from faculty has acknowledged this post but given the fact that people are liking my idea, I have decided to continue with a questline nonetheless. It is still unfinished and needs to be edited badly. Everything that I have posted on the questline is unedited and needs to be revised and corrected, there are spelling errors, grammatical errors, subject verb disagreement etc etc but i'll just finish the quest line then get to editing.

I am suppose to write an outline for each area but unfortunatley I do not have the time so i just write what comes ot mind whenever i get a chance to write so if there are any discrepancies I won't find out until I'm actually reading it over.

Thank you for reading and you can invite your friends to read and leave a comment, if it becomes a "hot topic" then greyrose might just pop in to say hello.

Survivor
Jan 22, 2011
I just wnat to say that alchemy is not magic it is a science used by ancient peoples so i think it would be a really good idea for your world if there were scientists instead of magicians who used chemicals to damage you over time. Another good idea in my opinion is homunculus.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Well, if KI or Falmea does not respond, I will. This so far, sounds very interesting. It is well thought out and has an interesting story line and plot. I am not sure what we are going to be able to transmute as having an alchemy as another school, but it sounds promising.

I hope you will post more, so that if they dont follow your story, at least we can.

I came up with some new ideas for scythia i think we should add, Bosses:Bjorn: myth, Thor: Scythian boss, Pantheon: storm, Baldur: balance, Fenrir: Ice, Hel: Fire, Tyr: myth, Freya: death, Ragnarok:life, Asgard: Iron, Valhalla: Star, Odin:myth,,, Loki (last boss): Iron,Star,Myth,Storm,Death. Enemies to battle: Frost giant: Ice, Fire giant: Fire, Mountain giant: Storm, Valkerie: Iron, Taparians(new magic after you fully learn Alchemy.) Tapa,Corrupted Scythian: Alchemy, Vikings: Iron, Scythian Ghoul: death,Valkerie Ghost:death, Ancient Tapa, death, Tapa. Even more ideas will benfit greatly.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
I've added some more info on the Disappearing Land. it turned out to be a dungeon ()-:)

Now I'm working on the land of the dead. I had no idea that's where the Oracle was! Go figure right. Anyways am short on ideas on the kinds of monsters to put there... hmmm, maye some Morganthine Soldiers? hmm.... i'll make it like a waste land.....

We'll see what comes out of my brain

Oh what you think about osiris being the death level 68 spell?

I need someone or something cooler for ice

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
AWESOME.

Keep it going Nico. This is getting better all the time.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
AWESOME.

Keep it going Nico. This is getting better all the time.

Oh thanks laods...

I have no idea what the oracle will tell you lol
I need to introduce the Sentinels and narcissus.. hmmm i may have ot create another loaction so that part of the story can play out

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
The story can be read on one single page from this link on central:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137205&highlight=

it is in the stories and poetry section which I think no one reads lol.

So far i'veo nly had 2 comments on there!

Go figure

Survivor
Nov 11, 2010
may i just sugest somethign for sythia

the gate way to the under world

that would be so cool think about it :D