Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Official BillBoards thread!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
After very positive responses to my post about the billoards on the Feedback Friday thread I decided to make a thread just for the billboards! Here you can give feedback about the idea, and it will just help to spread this revolutionary idea to more players!

********please note this is my original idea*********

The Billboards will be in every town center (the commons, regents square etc...) and will allow wizards to team up with other wizards for any of that world's towers, dungeons, and bosses!(including gauntlets). It will elimate that whole "waiting around, just hoping someone will walk up that needs this too" scenario and shave time off questing. Wizards can use it to join/create teams for any particular dungeon/tower/boss for a quest, or just to find other people to farm with!

Here's an example...

I need to do sunken city, but none of my friends are online. what am I to do? just wait around near the sigil hoping someone will run up? no! go to the commons and look in the billboards. From there you can select which sigil you need (sunken city in this case), click it then see a whole list of other wizards who need/want to do it too. Then you can either create or join a team of wizards who all want to do sunken city, once the team is full and all members confirm you will all be ported to the sigil and you're ready to go! It a great way to help wizards team up for a common goal!

hope you enojoyed!

sincerly,
Valdus DeathWielder- grandmaster necromancer
Willaim StormForge- master diviner
Edward WillowWhisper- master theurgist
William DarkHeart- grandmaster sorcerer
Dakota DarkFlame- master pyromancer

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Wow, this a very well thought out idea, and it's fairly good too!

There is one problem with it, though, and that is the fact that you'll still have to wait around for enough people to get online that want to do the quest/dungeon/gauntlet/etc.

I'm curious to know if the Billboard extends across all the Realms. Having it just pertain to that Realm will slow down the process to an astronomical degree.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
braineeakman wrote:
After very positive responses to my post about the billoards on the Feedback Friday thread I decided to make a thread just for the billboards! Here you can give feedback about the idea, and it will just help to spread this revolutionary idea to more players!

The Billboards will be in every town center (the commons, regents square etc...) and will allow wizards to team up with other wizards for any of that world's towers, dungeons, and bosses!(including gauntlets). It will elimate that whole "waiting around, just hoping someone will walk up that needs this too" scenario and shave time off questing. Wizards can use it to join/create teams for any particular dungeon/tower/boss for a quest, or just to find other people to farm with!

Here's an example...

I need to do sunken city, but none of my friends are online. what am I to do? just wait around near the sigil hoping someone will run up? no! go to the commons and look in the billboards. From there you can select which sigil you need (sunken city in this case), click it then see a whole list of other wizards who need/want to do it too. Then you can either create or join a team of wizards who all want to do sunken city, once the team is full and all members confirm you will all be ported to the sigil and you're ready to go! It a great way to help wizards team up for a common goal!

hope you enojoyed!

sincerly,

It Sounds like a great idea, however, I think that is way too much work and effort for the programmers at KI. They cant even come up with a good solution to Wild Bolt, yet you expect them to create this. Good luck with that, I wont hold my breath. Still, it is a great idea

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
FoxFyr wrote:
Wow, this a very well thought out idea, and it's fairly good too!

There is one problem with it, though, and that is the fact that you'll still have to wait around for enough people to get online that want to do the quest/dungeon/gauntlet/etc.

I'm curious to know if the Billboard extends across all the Realms. Having it just pertain to that Realm will slow down the process to an astronomical degree.

While its effectiveness will depend on the amount of players online at that time, still since it will extend accross all realms every player online will be in the same billboards. And since one could assume that even during off hours (12 am to 9 am) there are still hundreds of players online, which goes up to thousands during the afternoon and early night hours. So you can see how there is a slim chance no other wizard who is both online at the same time as you and wants to do the same sigil, in fact I would presume that at least a dozen other players will be online with you at the same time and have the same dungeon/tower to do. The odds are in your favor :-)

so yes, theoretically it will extend accross all realms :-)

Explorer
Feb 22, 2009
braineeakman wrote:

Here's an example...

hope you enojoyed!

sincerly,

DUDE I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!!! There's like, idk, seriously nothing wrong with it and i don't know how it could become a problem to anyone. Please KI make this happen!!!

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
In case you haven't noticed. There have been approx. 5 more threads on this. You should at least give credit to people who really came up with this idea instead of taking it all for yourself.

Travis Smith
Former Legendary Fire
Former Pvp Commander
Pvp Captain currently

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
MILANUP1 wrote:
In case you haven't noticed. There have been approx. 5 more threads on this. You should at least give credit to people who really came up with this idea instead of taking it all for yourself.

Travis Smith
Former Legendary Fire
Former Pvp Commander
Pvp Captain currently

This is my idea, and no one else's. There was no one else who helped concieve, or brainstorm it. If anyone else has claimed it as their own, they took it from me; not the other way around. So yes, I am giving credit to the people (person in this case) who came up with this, me.

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
braineeakman wrote:

Here's an example...

hope you enojoyed!

sincerly,

Goo idea!