Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

its the end of thw world..and i feel fine

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 21, 2010
i decided to tempt fate in a little expiriment i did. yknow how all NPC's say wizard city will be destroyed if no one defeats evil forces? well i decided to not play wizard 101 for a week and guess what....still there!!! take that ambrose!! (jk on that part)

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
starwarsguy765 wrote:
i decided to tempt fate in a little expiriment i did. yknow how all NPC's say wizard city will be destroyed if no one defeats evil forces? well i decided to not play wizard 101 for a week and guess what....still there!!! take that ambrose!! (jk on that part)

Well, prolly 'cause I've been there to hold things together? LOL *wink*

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
yeah I did that once unintentionally, I had a "please deliver this to ********* immediately, it is a matter of utmost importance!" and I didn't do it for over a month xD

Its still a game, and at some point they have to stop making it to realistic otherwise it becomes to much like work ;)

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Well, Merle was a clever old person, and dragged thousands upon thousands of people from Earth to the Spiral and forcefully enrolled them in Ravenwood. That way, even if one person, or even hundreds of people, fail in their tasks, there will always be someone who can keep the "evil" at bay.

All of the quests, all of the NPCs, all of the ghosts and ghouls and talking dogs and sentient crabs that we see walking around are actually actors, y'see. The whole thing is an elaborate ruse, dedicated solely to keeping down vast populations of critters that would otherwise take over the whole Spiral if we could not keep them in check. They give us an incitament to keep killing stuff for them, and build up a story around it that we believe in - that way, we grow extra vengeful in our attacks ("Take THAT, you evil ghosts that stole fairies!")

We're pest control, really. That's why you never see NPCs engaging in battle. They're far too busy fighting the real destructive powers, while we're just running around and killing their equivalent of bedbugs so they don't get distracted. Gamma is also secretly the leader of the entire thing; that's why he's always watching the Spiral Map. He's keeping an eye on the global defences, and ensuring that no bedbug-hunting little newbie wizard manages to poke one of the really big monsters.

Of course, you haven't heard this from me. shh.

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
Bookshelvings wrote:
Well, Merle was a clever old person, and dragged thousands upon thousands of people from Earth to the Spiral and forcefully enrolled them in Ravenwood. That way, even if one person, or even hundreds of people, fail in their tasks, there will always be someone who can keep the "evil" at bay.

All of the quests, all of the NPCs, all of the ghosts and ghouls and talking dogs and sentient crabs that we see walking around are actually actors, y'see. The whole thing is an elaborate ruse, dedicated solely to keeping down vast populations of critters that would otherwise take over the whole Spiral if we could not keep them in check. They give us an incitament to keep killing stuff for them, and build up a story around it that we believe in - that way, we grow extra vengeful in our attacks ("Take THAT, you evil ghosts that stole fairies!")

We're pest control, really. That's why you never see NPCs engaging in battle. They're far too busy fighting the real destructive powers, while we're just running around and killing their equivalent of bedbugs so they don't get distracted. Gamma is also secretly the leader of the entire thing; that's why he's always watching the Spiral Map. He's keeping an eye on the global defences, and ensuring that no bedbug-hunting little newbie wizard manages to poke one of the really big monsters.

Of course, you haven't heard this from me. shh.
well thanks Buzz Killington

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008