Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
I say no with a vengeance. Lower level wizards die too easily when they are in a world that they have not earned the right to be in. My wizard, Stephanie DragonFriend, earned the right as a Grandmaster Diviner to be in DragonSpyre, so all wizards should not be in worlds they have not earned. The key word is EARNED, as others have said. Lower levels have no right to be there if they have not earned it. It puts too much pressure on us high levels if we have to babysit our lower level friends in higher level worlds all the time

Survivor
Jan 26, 2010
ok, i think they should be able because if your family and your little sister or brother or something wants to help and they cant because they are such a low lvl they will feel left out and would want to lvl up but they are so mad that they keep dying and no one can help them!!!
thx plz let at least lvl 20 and above to help anyone in any world above krok.
:D

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?
Yes it makes the game that much more fun for new players and players that have other accounts. The players get to level up their little wizards faster to become stronger.

Survivor
Jan 25, 2010
Yes. we dont want to be punished or penalized good players with a sense of ethic and fairplay, cause there are some wizards who dont seems to know what respect is.
Many time players has come to my battle and give me more monsters to fight and then ( and i had ask them to stay to help me and refuse to help with their own mess)leave me with the difficulties and they were same lvl as me and they have already the acces to the world.

And me when i begun to play, i met a really good girl, she's my friend now but she was already grandmaster. And sometimes it was fun to port to her and be able to play with her without barriers. Anyway there places like dungeon that we cant enter if we not there in the story.
And to have some preview of the nexts world and next quests, it just give me more the thrill to do my own quests and my progress, cause i cant wait to be there me too with my friends. So i think the thinks are good as they are right now. :D

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
yes I think wizard should be able to enter any location in wizard city

Survivor
Jan 26, 2010
mimifulton wrote:
No I don't think wizards should be allowed to teleport to worlds they have not earned. That's part of the fun of the game, to earn advancement to a new world.

um that isnt right i think you should so someone could help you and you lvl up better and faster but you dont do the quest in the world only if your in a dungeon or something.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
Like many others I can see both sides of this problem. I have several accounts and have even used my life wizard when she was a baby to keep me from dying, but I don't think wizards should just be able to port all over the spiral and pick up quests and then ask for help to finish a quest they should never have in the first place. If they want to come check things out or help out that's fine, but it would be awesome if you were able to approve it first. But since that is probably not possible, at the very least they should be able to port to non-combat areas. I have given this a lot of thought and still come to the same conclusion. If people have a problem they can always close there port. I would advise people keep very low levels off there Grandmaster friends lists if this is a big problem and keep them on their smaller wizards instead. It doesn't make since to me why people keep friends that continue to port without asking. If they do it and you warn them and they keep doing it you just delete them.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
No.
no they should not because it is not as fun as being able to earn it

Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
If anything every class should have a spell that the first person in the ring of battel can boot out other players. Many time I hav others jump in to get the EXP of the battle. A battle that normally would take a min can take up to several due to "battle jumpers."

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
I like to have this open to port i have five other ppl playing. There is me, my wife, my mom and dad, and my two bros. I'm the highest lv because i started first and have had the most time playing. We like to hang out together. And we all pay for the game so...:-)

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
No they shouldn't be able to enter area's where Mobs are, however each area when you 1st enter has a non mob starting area basicly. Letting them go there really has no effect as all they can do is look around.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
My answer is no because the lower levels have small health which they cant battle those DS enemies with high health. 8) I have to keep lower level players to stay alive while I battle with high level enemies. It seems not fair to grandmaster players beside myself. :x Most of lower level players want to get their levels up fast.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
no i dont think you should put a lvl lock on the worlds. people need to grow up and be more selective in who they friend or turn off port. My son is only eight he doesnt have the time, to lvl up a bunch of wizards and if i am paying for him to play i dont think it is right for KI to limit it. Yes i agree it does get annoying when lower lvls are farming for pets and you cant get in, so my solutation is KI should make join battle request like with hachery. If someone wants to join a battle they can send a request, and the other person can deny or accept. I feel this is fair for both sides of this agreement. You put in lvl locks KI and i am pretty sure you will lose a lot of money on subs. You made a game for younger children, and most dont have the attention span to lvl the right way to grand. They play with thier friends in higher worlds and sometimes take side quests. You lvl lock the worlds and thier go more of your subs. Not to mention just not right to limited someone who is paying for THE GAME! That would be like paying to go to amusement park and only allow on rides for your age.

My husband and I like that our son can come join us in battles and play along with us, this is our family time. Please dont take it away. Thank you!

Survivor
Jul 30, 2010
I feel very strongly that lower level wizards should be able to teleport to their friends in higher level worlds. While I see the problems inherent with this, and am actually a victim to them very often <It's very annoying to have some level 19 teleport to a friend and jump in to fight gurtok demon when I'm cash grinding> I feel that the pros for me outweigh the cons.

My daughter is a bit young, and doesn't have a ton of play time. Each zone will take her a few weeks to get through. I play this game with my daughter and wife, and for obvious reasons my wife and I are quite a bit ahead of where my daughter is. When we play the game together as a family though, we aren't restricted by this. My daughter is able to warp to us no matter where we are, or what we want to do. For the most recent example, my family went and did Big Ben together.

My daughter loves the variety of pets in Wizard101, and occasionally she'll ask me to help her get a particular pet that has caught her eye. I'm of course happy to do this, but if she was restricted to worlds she's "earned" I would not be able to help her with this.

I am also able to help my daughter grind for cash when she wants some, say for a shiny new helm, pet snacks, or to work on saving for her mount. While I certainly could help her with cash in areas she's "earned" it wouldn't really be a worthwile thing for us to do.

I'll be honest, one of the top reasons why my family subscribes is because of how easy it is to play together. We really enjoy being able to hop into a Mooshu dungeon, or run through the Marleybone rooftops together. While I'm sure many people throw up their arms screaming "I'll quit if...!" my families subscription wouldn't last very long if my daughter couldn't warp to us during our sunday family game night.

I'm completely willing to beg to not have this aspect of the game changed, and I would ask anyone who reads this to seriously consider the fact that most people do not use the teleporting system malevolently. While I know the frustration of having some level 16 in dragonspyre run up to your gurtok demon fight, I also know the joy of seeing my daughter smile and clap when she finally gets that pet she's after, or gains a level while we're doing a dungeon together.

I would ask that instead of removing it all together, that other options be looked in to. For example, make a confirmation box appear when a "lower than should be acceptable" level wizard tries to join a fight in a high level zone. Or maybe that low level wizards could only join in fights with the person they're friends with. Or copy WoW and impliment a "vote to kick" button (I fear would be abused but none the less). I'm certain there must be a better way to handle it than just outright removing what I consider to be a very important family feature.

Yup I wrote a book so TL;DR

Please don't revise this system, as it would directly impact the amount of fun that my family has when playing Wizard101 together. As this is a family game, I don't feel like my play time should be punished because some teenagers think it's totally awesome to teleport to their friend in dragonspyre at level 12. I'm willing to suffer that in order to enjoy the good things about the teleportation system.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?
No way! Especially when they dont have text chat, for example i was fighting the runed devestator in GH, to get the pet then a level THREE wizard with no text chat joins in and uses up the feint cheering for one hundred twenty damage! it took us almost an extra ten minutes because he kept using the feints hexes and curses, making our spells not do enough damage. Cody Battlehammer, level 48 master pyromancer

Survivor
Oct 10, 2009
Thanks for asking! I play this game mostly solo (I really think the Malistaire quest should be solo-able), and play all the quests as they come. I really don't mind people porting forward in the game if they are wanted, but I wish I had a little more control. I can only turn porting on or off for my entire group of friends. I wish I could turn it on or off for specific friends, or have the game ask me if a port request from a friend is OK. I also think that higher level badges shouldn't be awarded unless the quest is completed (I'm thinking the Oni Slayer badges, for example). If the quest isn't complete (including pre-requisites), then no badge.

Survivor
May 11, 2010
To be honest i think if lower level wizards port to you if you're in like Mooshu fighting the Jade Oni its anoying i personally hate when they port to you and i might have just killed a monster and have to kill another one they brought in. They should be allowed but they should be brought back to the world they were in before they ported to before the battle that way you can get help from them but they won't bother you for like the whole time you are in that world. Sadly i am guilty of asing a Grand to let me fight Malistaire even though i'm level 26 Fire. :D So i'd like to go into Mooshu but i'll be there soon as i finish Marleybone.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:

i should most definitely be able to go into the worlds even though i dont have access through the story line i pay for the game i should be able to go were i wont.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2010
I think there's a better solution (and less complex than some that have been suggested):

- If someone has unlocked a world, they can port to friends there without restriction.
- If they do not have the spiral key for a world, the friend to which they are porting would get a prompt and choose whether to allow them to port (similar to the "John Smith would like to be friends." dialog). The person could only port if their higher-level friend said "yes."

This would seem to solve the problems of uninvited porting, causing battles with more monsters, but would also allow leveling if it had previously been agreed upon by the higher-level friend.

-T

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Cosino wrote:
well what you should do is when the try to teleport give us a box thats says:
Do you want "Name of character" level "whatever" to teleport to you?
that is a great response i think :D
i agree on this you should have the right to chose if they can teleport to you!

Survivor
May 16, 2010
no it is not fair to grandmasters how lower level wizards port to friends in say dragonspyre and join our battle and take all our traps.

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
You know, I think wizards should be aloud to port to SOME places.
Wizards in WC: Can port anywhere in WC and KT
Wizards in KT: Anywhere in WC, KT, and MB
Wizards in MB: Port to all but DS.
Wizards in MS and DS: Port anywhere.
If this is ok, this is ok. If this isn't well idk.
Ronan TitanStalker, MB
Angel SwiftHand, KT
Ronan GoldSword, WC

Survivor
Nov 04, 2008
I think its fine as it is. It really helped me, a bit of xp, teleport stones complete, I think wizards should be able to know what they are up against later on.

Survivor
May 15, 2010
No, I dont think any wizard should be able to teleport into worlds they havent advanced to, unless they have another charachter that is a grandmaster and has acess to that place/world I have discussed this many times with my friends and how it bothers me how i am fighting in dragonspyre and a lvl 2 joins my fight ...... 8) wizard101 is great

Survivor
Apr 19, 2010
we should be able to go into worlds wwe havent acessed yet because the way it is right now is boring and i'm not trying to be rude but like marleybone has like no quests and i still havent unlocked mooshu yet and i have quests in mooshu and i cant go there on my own cause i havent unlocked it yet so yes we should be able too and thats why