Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
I don't think wizards should be allowed to go to areas they haven't unlocked. I agree with everyone, that the fun of the game is earning the areas. Too many times there are lower ranked wizards playing in areas they are not yet equipped to handle. For those of us who have gone through the game and worked our way up to those higher areas, it's actually disheartening as well as distracting. Too often lower rank wizards will port to areas they just do not belong in and get battles they can't handle which causes additional work for those of us already in the battle. I've had wizards port to me only to flee once they die. But only after additional enemies have joined the battle. I've lost many a battle because of this. Would be really nice if I never had to worry about it again. I've actually made a point of not adding lower ranked wizards to my friend's list because of this. It's a shame too. I am a rank 50 Myth and enjoyed helping lower rank wizards when they called for it. Now all my friends are 45 or higher.
Michelle Dragontamer - 50 Myth
Saffron Deathbringer - 50 Death

Survivor
Sep 04, 2010
Let them. It isnt fair when someone wants to go somewhere and cant. THINK IF THAT WAS YOU PEOPLE! Just think about it. Anyone should be allowed at kt gh mb ds ca and mu. And dont make people pay to play please? :D

Survivor
Sep 04, 2010
boxedset wrote:
No, and they shouldn't be able to get quests there either. If you are lvl 15 and get a pet from say the Plaza of Conquests you shouldn't be able to equip it either. Hardly anyone actually does the quests anymore judging by feedback from all the forums. Because they are rewarded by not doing so. I understand some people use this game as a connection to family far away, but the higher level wizard can go back and help lower level one to progress. Somehow this is never attractive to them as a solution. A workable solution is world level locked realms that can be chosen at log on. Gives everyone the experience thye prefer. How ever if we have one or the other give me locked Worlds!
Well they really should.

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
hi i am jack dragon breath and i do agree but here is how it should go every person in that area you port to gets to vote weather you can come or stay if you have not earned that place yet like say here is a good spot plaza of conquest and say you lvl 38 so you dont got access to area so every person votes if you can go there or not if you in that area that the people are in and if most of the people say it ok then you port if most say no ten it say port denied unless you are high enough lvl to port for the thing for people in the area a thing comes up and it say school name and lvl and you vote yes or no so i think that would be best idea :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Survivor
May 02, 2009
I think that wizards should be able to teleport to worlds they have not earned access to because some people might want to see that world!

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
I think that they should be able to port to newer worlds if they please. HOWEVER, if they DO NOT have a quest in the world they are going in yet, they should not be allowed to go into a battle unless someone asks for their help using a SpeedChat phrase. On the other hand, if they do have a quest, tehy can go into a battle and do whatever they please as long as they are the only one in battle (or you can be in a battle with other people but only if they are also not in that world yet). If they are not alone in battle and are with other people, they have on "freebie" as in if they make a mistake, or something that the other people in battle dont like and ruined it for them, they can continue in battle, BUT if they make a mistake again, they should immediataly be ported back to where they ported from into the world they havent been to yet. (sorry if my writing doesn't make much sense but if you try to understand it, you'll get it!)

Survivor
Oct 20, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?

No.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
YES I NEED TO HELP MY NOOBS TO LEVEL I: PLEASE PLEASE DONT CHANGE THAT
Valerian Skullcrafter [50] death
Sydney Lionflame [45] fire
Blaze Darksword [50] death
Jason Firebringer [50] ice
Brooke Deathmancer [45] death
Patrick Starpants [28] balance
Alexander Jadedust [33] storm

these players on 2 different accounts played by my brother and me, we both think that WE NEED THE PORTING Thats why we have made so many players. please

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
My port is ALWAYS off when I'm soloing, and otherwise anyone can help me do whatever. I actually use the fact that they can port to me to my advantage, as I ask lower level subscribers to help with my quests a lot. You don't always have a grand friend on, y'know.

-Saffron Mistbringer, Level 48 Necromancer

Survivor
Aug 30, 2010
Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
i think they should because if they want to see a world realy bad they should like dragonspyre for example some won wants to see dragonspyre and does not have the key

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
O my goodness, i think people need to stepback and look at what they are playing: It is the game wizard 101, not "the end of the world". it is a game created mainly for kids and a lot of kids play this game. yes! adult play it too, but there are a lot of children that do play. based on that, i do not think levels should be limited to anyone. i think that if a person can get to a level with a little help from other people or friends, so be it. i mean seriously people...it is just a game. stop being wound so tightly and let people play their own games the way they see fit. with that said, i also think that paying customers definitley should not be limited to areas at all...EVER! well that is my 2 cents...

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
i think we should please dont take that away it would be really bad, and for the people that think wizards shouldnt be able to do that can just not go to the worlds they havent gone to. also who won that contest i really want a stormbat. :) 8) :-o :-) :D :x :? :P :(

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
No like you said i'm tired of lower level wizards joining my fight then easily getting defeated and leaving me with four opponents.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
What an interesting question...

I think you should ban "younger" players from going to higher level places.
Why?
My little sister ALWAYS teleports to me when I'm in Dragonspyre and Mooshu and stuff like that. It's really annoying most of the time, unless I need help... HOWEVER... Right now she's level 31 and JUST starting Hyde Park. I think it's really strange ya know, getting all her spells and stuff before she should. It kinda works outside of the game if you get me, since she's starting to wear stuff from the bazaar from Mooshu. And she never really does her own quests 'cuz she thinks she's doing fine otherwise.
The only problem I can find is if you really need help and your only friend online is a lower level and doesn't have the area yet.
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO MY EPIC RANT. X3

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
boo311311 wrote:
yes! personally i just cant Level up my newbies without getting them in labyrinth katz lab tree of life and many other paces instead of doing side quests plz KI dont change that!

Gabriel deathforge:50 Death
Devin DragonThistle:50 Life
Christopher SKullRider:50 Storm
Malorn StrongHeart:38 Fire
Jose HexBlade:21 Balance

Actually, this isn't true. You can level up without going into more advance worlds. All you have to do are the side quest.

After saying that, I don't have a problem with them going into the advanced worlds, I have a problem with the teleporting system. There should be a way without having to turn your port on and off to keep someone from porting to you without permission. As I have stated many times on here, there should be a permission, like that of friends request. " Your friend (name) would like to port to you. Accept/Decline." That would cut down on a lot of lower levels porting in areas where they don't belong.

I do need help in certain areas and there are times when I will ask someone that is not as advance as me to help. What I don't like is when a lower level ports to me without asking and its annoying to have to keep turning your port on and off.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
No Wizards Should Not Be Allowed To Teleport To Worlds That They Have Not Earned

Survivor
May 12, 2010
I think wizards should not be able to teloport to worlds if they havent earned it yet.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
Yes because it wont be fiar for the other wizards if they cant go in other worlds, now i really want to go to chelestia so PLZ HELP! i'm having a hard time

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
YES! i think you should let people know that they can actually level up in different areas, like if a level 7 doesnt wanna level up in um lets say wizardcity they could go to another place and level up....... PLEASE!!!!!! i would be really happy if some people and not only them but me get to go to other worlds and level up and hangout there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Caitlin LightHunter (cat)

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
NO definitely not, because it ruins the surprise. the best part about video games is advancing but if you see what you are advancing to then it is no fun. check for me sometime on wiz101! my name is Travis thunder thief. cya

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
I don't think that Wizards who haven't yet gained access to certain worlds should be allowed to teleport there. First off, there isn't much they can do there. They just sit around, taking up space, and bother other wizards who are actually trying to accomplish something.
In addition, when these players do reach these worlds, they know what to expect and it essentially ruins the game. There is no longer that aspect of fun and discovery, they are just there to beat the game and there's no fun in that.
Finally, lower level players in worlds they haven't accessed insults the players that have had to work hard at reaching the world they're now in. The "noobs" constantly bother you to add them as a friend just so they can teleport to that world, or certain areas in that world, and it is quite frankly just insulting.
Kingsilse, I hope that you will consider changing the current rules, and not allow players who have not accessed higher worlds to continue to teleport to those worlds.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
Hi! Wizard Players Yea Its Me Sierra Life Bringer If You See Me on The Streets Then Say Hi to me i will be glad to add you :D but i think Wizards
should be aloud because on my other account i stop playing because i couldnt go anywhere Well That is My story

I <3 Wizard101

TY TY TY LOOK FOR ME ON THE STREETS

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
i do agree on the lower lvls teleporting,but my sister loves to tour other worlds and shes lvl 8 so i think we should keep the teleporting

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
i think that that higher lvl players should be able to agree or disagree to let lower lvl players port. sometimes people in the beginning of the world ask for help from people at the end of the previous world, other times they just go to be able to say that "i'm such a good player i did a street battle in dragonspyre!" or just to see the place.