Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Judgement is unfair!!" (in quotes)

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Hello all. I'm here to tell you all why the words in quotes in the title are utterly ridiculous.

First, see my post "once and for all" in the PvP section here: https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/23530.ftl . This post details how to defeat Sorcerers without spending one Training Point.

Next, I'd like to address the mistaken assertion that 100 Damage per Pip is far over the average Damage per Pip rate over all.

-Diffusion One: The average Damage per Pip*, using all Spells that deal one-hit Basic Damage**, is 99.62. Ergo, a Judgement using seven Power Pips deals less than seven points of Damage more than average.
-Diffusion Two: Despite the use of Judgement in the averaging, the average Damage dealt by Balance is 91.67; in other words, it is less than the overall average, and less than 100.
-Diffusion Three: The average of the Schools with the highest and lowest averages, Ice and Storm, is 110.45; higher than both the Balance and overall averages.

Those are my points. Read them. Study them. Comprehend them.

*: The averages for each School are:
Fire: 107.54
Ice: 87.42
Storm: 133.47
Life: 89.25
Myth: 97.78
Death: 90.22
Balance: 91.67
All numbers rounded to the hundredths place.

**: The following Spell Ranks were used in the calculations:
Fire: 1, 3, 5, 6
Ice: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6
Storm: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Life: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6
Myth: 1, 2, 3
Death: 1, 3, 5
Balance: 1, 2, 3, X

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
ill make it simpler, what those numbers mean are the average damage per pip for each school, as you can see, balance isnt on top

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
uka1234 wrote:
ill make it simpler, what those numbers mean are the average damage per pip for each school, as you can see, balance isnt on top

thank you for that de-nerdification of the post, which i'm sure some people needed.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
wiler5002 wrote:
Hey you didnt use all the spells it might not be right

I used all the spells that dealt Basic Damage with only one hit.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
don't complain about judgement, it only does 100 per pip while heck hound does 120 per pip and they get it at ten levels earlier. (not saying you should complain about heckhound)

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
scott778 wrote:
don't complain about judgement, it only does 100 per pip while heck hound does 120 per pip and they get it at ten levels earlier. (not saying you should complain about heckhound)

please read the whole original post, not just the title... lol the point of the post is to show that judgement is fair...

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
scott778 wrote:

One thing that you have to keep in mind is that there are fire shields. Unless things have changed, there are not any balance shields in the game to take away any damage.

Also, heckhound does damage over three turns giving someone a chance to throw up a shield, however, balance does all their damage in one shot "tipping the scales" (pun intended, lol) way in the favor of balance.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Pocketraisins wrote:
scott778 wrote:

One thing that you have to keep in mind is that there are fire shields. Unless things have changed, there are not any balance shields in the game to take away any damage.

Also, heckhound does damage over three turns giving someone a chance to throw up a shield, however, balance does all their damage in one shot "tipping the scales" (pun intended, lol) way in the favor of balance.

one thing YOU should keep in mind is that, since heckhound is a dot, it takes three fire shields to actually reduce damage by 80%.

another thing to remember is the lack of any blade, trap, or prism that affects balance and only balance spells. balance attacks have a finite number to which they can go; any other spell can chain with prisms for a literally infinite chain.

please actually read the original post.

ps: never, ever say that you mean to intend a pun; it instantaneously renders it nonhumorous.