Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lower lvl friends keep porting

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 11, 2010
Lately I have been with my friends in ds or ms and their lower lvl friends port to them and join our fight. They take mine and my friends traps and use weak spells like firecat and thunder snake. I think that people under magus ( lvl 30) should not be allowed in ms and ds. they shouldnt even be allowed to go to mb either. Give me your thoughts. :-) :|

- Joshua Dragonbreeze lvl 37 pyromancer

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This comes up often, and opinion is divided on the issue. Some agree with you, and others don't.

Personally, I believe that a player should be able to go wherever he/she legally can.

Explorer
Mar 28, 2010
First of all, at your level you should not be in DS. Secondly, you can turn off porting.

~Allison Dawnblood, Level 50 Diviner

Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
Probably the most complained about problem in the game. Change your settings a bit or remove the friends.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Oh goody, another thread about porting complaints, here we go again. Opinions overall are divided, my view is if they paid for the game either in subscription or crowns they should go where ever they can, it is up to you who your friends are and whether or not you allow porting.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Wait you are level 37? Shouldn't you still be in Mooshu? Not DS? Even skipping side quests, I do recall 42ish for DS.

So you do not like endless people porting to you in random burst? That is with all the fuss is going on, on the message boards in DS, with Lowbies messing up Masters and Grands attack tatics on bosses whom earned the right to be in DS.

So I strongly have to agree with Amethyst45. He/she is absolutly correct about not being the appropiate level for DS in the first place.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
You should just remove them from your list. Or turn off your porting so he/she would not port to wherever you are.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
first you can turn ports off and second of all level 30 should be in mb i started mb a level 20

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
colagada wrote:
This comes up often, and opinion is divided on the issue. Some agree with you, and others don't.

Personally, I believe that a player should be able to go wherever he/she legally can.
actually i haev a level 38 who is in ds she just didnt do any side quests :P

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
TROJAN250 wrote:
Lately I have been with my friends in ds or ms and their lower lvl friends port to them and join our fight. They take mine and my friends traps and use weak spells like firecat and thunder snake. I think that people under magus ( lvl 30) should not be allowed in ms and ds. they shouldnt even be allowed to go to mb either. Give me your thoughts. :-) :|

Dude your just a level 37 you shouldn't even be in ds. Other than that you're right. The other day 2 of my friends and i were farming for an earth walker pet then some noob came in and took our feints to use for an IMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were all so mad at him. We end up leaving the battle cause it was taking to long with him.in ms they should be able to port from levl 28 and higher cause they almost there. And there's n problem in mb cause they still not as high ranked as the other worlds (ms and ds).

- David Stronghunter level 50
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
ChickenMcFuggits wrote:
Probably the most complained about problem in the game. Change your settings a bit or remove the friends.

You can also take off the ability for friends to port to you.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
TROJAN250 wrote:

You can also remove your noob friends.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
starlight76 wrote:
colagada wrote:

actually i haev a level 38 who is in ds she just didnt do any side quests :P

Then all your quest are gonna be really hard for you. Thats the truth.

Defender
May 29, 2009
Maybe we should restrict people under Journeyman from Marleybone, Mooshu, Dragonspyre, Grizzelheim and Celestia. A thing could pop up after it says, "do you want 2 go 2 your friend in Hamestu Village, like a tutorial tip, in which Merle Ambrose say "Wait, young wizard! You are not studied enough to go there! You must keep training yourself until you are a Journeyman, which is about the time you enter Krokotopia."

Explorer
Jun 11, 2010
Now I am the author of this topic. A lot of you are saying the same things. Like just delete the friends. Well, the people who I try to delete end up bugging me forever about why I did it. Eventually they stop but it still annoying. And how you turn off ports. Well I do that too. But then the people who you ask to port cant, and if you go in and turn it on and off it will get annoying and waste some time. And how you keep saying how I shouldnt be in ds, well the only time I go there, the ONLY TIME, is when my friends ask for help when they there. So thats all I got to say. If you got any other ideas plz post them.

- Joshua Dragonbreeze lvl 38 pyromancer