Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hilda Brewer is a crook

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 23, 2008
There are times when I just don't feel like playing mini-games but when I need to refill it is worth it. I tend to play to get my health/mana full and often I only get a half full potion. Then I go have a chat with Hilda until I see she is a crook.

Odd that the old bat charges the same amount for a empty or half full potion. You would think she would cut you a break to only half fill your potion but NO!!!! She is not getting my business, that is for sure.

Community Leader
Seems the answer is to just go to her with empties and don't play mini-games

Survivor
Jun 28, 2008
you have to have full power to get full potions , play an extra game or grab wisps to full before you start playing mini games

Survivor
May 23, 2008
I know how it works, my point is if she is going to charge me 140 gold to completely refill a potion, she should only charge 70 for half.

Defender
Aug 20, 2008
See, the problem is that you're assuming that Hilda has this big cauldron nearby and she just dips your vial in there and fills it.

In actuality, she has a big display case full of vials of potion. She doesn't fill yours. She trades you a full one for your empty one. It's like at the grocery store when you trade in your empty propane tank for a full one. It doesn't matter whether you give them a half-full tank or a completely drained one. You still just get a full one in return and you pay the full price.

If you don't like it, then go talk to Merle Ambrose and tell him that you want the zoning laws changed to allow cauldrons at the Fairegrounds!

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
i know this is a really late response but she is a crook... she charges me 600 to refill ONE potion.

someone should sue

>.>
<.<

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
She is a crook. But who will help the wizards of WC? There's obviously something up. She's standing there scamming poor young wizards right behind Headmaster Ambrose's house. Think he's in on it? And what about Sabrina Greenstar? She watches this go down day after day yet says NOTHING! This, folks, is the seedy underbelly of Wizard City. Be careful, wizards.

I'm starting to think it's really not Malistaire behind all the trouble in the Spiral. It's Hilda. She's the Underworld Magical Crime Boss. It's her! Do something, Gamma! Save us, Professor Greyrose! Hilda is too powerful for us to stop her! Help!

Hero
May 19, 2009
600 is nothing, she charges me 2000 per potion. just play potion motion, you can get around 2000 points in ten seconds and thats all you need to fill one bottle.

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
lol it takes me about 4500 gold to refill ALL MY POTIONS! I mean that is a rip off extremely I just play potion motion it is A LOT FASTER then farming for 4500 gold lol

Survivor
May 15, 2009
Obviously, as many of you have already noticed, Hilda Brewer is the shadiest of the shady, but relief is easily obtained!

First of all, forget Hilda and the mount she rode in on. Secondly and most importantly, I have the answer to the minigames/potion refill tactic.

When you play a minigame, it refills your mana itself. Potions are in fact concentrated mana. If your mana globe is full at the time of play, any "loose change" in mana you receive is sent to your potion bottle(s). For instance, lets say you have a full mana globe, half a potion, and another empty bottle. You play one minigame and refill for the full amount of mana offered for one game, which is exactly your max mana. You already have a full mana globe, so the prize mana is sent to your potions. But you won a full refill of mana, so it shall fill your half empty bottle AND fill your otherwise empty bottle with the rest (surprisingly half-way). You can repeat any game as much as needed to completely refill your mana globe and all potion bottles, AND NEVER SPEND A DIME WITH THE EXTORTIONIST HILDA BREWER!

I currently have three bottles so it would take me a max. of four minigames to completely refill me. By the way, Potion Motion (surprise surprise) is by far the quickest game to refill fast. Simply play until your score is near 2,000 points, end the game, and it will give you a full mana shot.

Hope this helps guys, and dont forget to say hello when you see me about. I am always ready for a battle. For location purposes, I am almost always on the realm of Scarecrow.

Make Peace,
Mycin Moonwraith Lvl 39 (for now) Necromancer
Just look for Mister Winston :D

Explorer
Sep 09, 2009
Just a side note here.

I feel kind of stupid.

I must have played Potion Motion a dozen times before I realized
that the bottles could be moved sideways and not just up and down.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Where is this Hilda person? Never heard of her til today. I always play potion motion to refill. Just one note. If you are in a hurry, you don't have to play till the end. you need only go 3 to 4 rounds for each bottle and you still will get your full mana. Takes all of 5 minutes. make sure your globe is full first,