Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Report feature needs to change -_-

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 25, 2009
ok, i am wondering if this has happened to anyone else before, and hoping maybe prospector zeke can give me an answer of if ki is working on this or not, here is my story :P

I ported to a friend who was at one of theri friends houses, after staying for about 10 minutes it started getting a little crowded (about 15 people) and one of the guys there was being really rude, he kept cussing at this one poor person and calling them noob just cause they the only one not grand -_- i politely asked him to leave the person alone, and after laughing and my face and cussing at me, continued harassing the person. after he kept going for a minute or too i reported him, naturally he got the warning and knew it was me, so what does he do? he gets 4 of his friends and they all report me, now i know these are all false reports, bit when you get reported 5 times it automatically mutes you for a day, so here i am trying to defend this poor person and i get muted for doing absolutely nothing... (the guy never got punished either btw, i know cause he was a friend of my friend)

i think you should NOT be notified when you are reported, it only makes things uglier... something needs to be done about these false reporters :/

Tyler SpiritShard
Grandmaster Conjurer

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
they have changed it i have been reported 14 times ( 12 false reports ) and nothing happened but maybe cause most of those were like half a year ago they got stiricter i think you may have been reported and muted for something you said a good bit ago cause they can look into that so hope my review helps

Luis Legendblade

Grandmaster Diviner ( like the sound of that )

one of the longest playing players you can find

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
My cousin and I were just talking about this. This girl ran ahead of us trying to do everything in the dungeon we were going to do together so we were going to let her do what she wanted since it was a one on one battle. She ported to us and said help me we said no you can beat him yourself since you were in such a hurry. She then says well my "brother's" (it is actually her spare account she told my cousin this before hand) master account and could kick my (not so nice word). I said I don't care about your brother you wanted to run ahead so do it. So then her "brother" gets on and starts cursing at me and my cousin. She leaves so he reports her. She then reports my cousin and I for doing nothing. This isn't the first time I was false reported. There was this guy in the commons he was being rude so my cousin (wow he gets me reported a lot thanks cody) reports him. He didn't know who it was so in rage he reported me and my cousin. I think if someone submits what I call a "Revenge Report" they should be banned. Oh and the way to solve this as stated by the maker of this topic is to take away the notification that says you were reported. That would eliminate the revenge reports all together since they wouldn't know they were reported. Can you also make the report explanation box bigger so I can explain fully, on the report today this is what I had to type: False report on me and cousin. I don't know but that sounds like I don't know how to speak.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
You do not report for false reporting ... that in itself is a false report.

I find it silly that once someone is reported, the very first thing out of their mouth is "Who report me?"

Does it really matter? There is absolutely nothing you can do to the player in retalliation that won't get yourself further into trouble, and you can't beat them up. If you were doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about. However, if you were reported for violating the rules, then your best bet is to just shut up and walk/port/realm hop away.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2008
This has happened to me too! I was in a 4v4 duel, and I healed myself with Sacrifice. Next thing I know, a person on the other team starts cursing at me! And I said, "Hey, it's a duel, we could heal when we need it!" And then she reports me just for healing in a duel! This was the first and only time I've ever been reported, so I was thinking, "Oh my gosh! What will happen to my account?!" But, to my surprise, nothing happened! :D I think KingsIsle should pay more attention to false reports because I don't think that person ever got punished.... Thanks

Kyle Shadowstaff
Master Necromancer

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Reporting is so overrated. The feature is in game so KI does not have to deal with some of the morons that play the game...If you report someone for a good reason, they will just report you, and lie to KI why they reported you.

I say first time someone gets reported, they get a Ban on their IP address. I know so many other MMORPG's that place Bans on IP address's if someone gets reported enough.

This will not allow the person or persons to make a new Toon, or even change their E-mail address to get back in the game they got baned from. Someone gets reported their IP address gets baned to not be able to ever play the game again. ( "Oh you paid for a 1 year subscription, Tough!!! you should of taken a long ponder of your actions before you did them.") If this happened to people who get reported for any number of reasons, I guarantee you there will be less Ignorant people in Wizard 101.

As we've repeatedly stated:

When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assess the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions such as muting or banning and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just a egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Squire
Jun 19, 2009
I don't really think that kingsisle really looks at reports good enough! Example: So one time I was at this party and this dude named aaron thunder blade starts making fun of some helpless kid. He starts cussing at him, falsely reported the dude and just kept on being mean to him. I felt pretty bad so as anyone else who is nice would, I stood up for him. I reported Aaron but then found out that I had just made it worse. He started cussing at me so badly that I felt like I would cry. (Of course I didn't). He and his little "Followers" started reporting me for just helping a friend. I then got muted for the day. I have been having run ins with aaron for a long time and I always see him bullying. I report him and report him but NOTHING HAPPENS! Thankfully he has quit forever by deleting all of his characters and so that's that. What i am trying to say though is, Kingsisle is not looking at reports hard enough! It's like they just pick out which reports to ban. Like they have a blind fold and pick out some random report!

James Skull Wielder
grandmaster death