Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Marva Flamewing = HARD

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
I just got past tower of war and am going to defeat marva, but in the first two rounds in battle, the pox guys had all these sheilds on her that i cant kill her, if you defend yourself they will too, making it harder. do you have any tips or somthing? its frustrating.
Duncan deathdust 44 necromancer/diviner

Delver
May 26, 2009
Always kill the pox first, and if it gets to be too much, have somebody (say a myth, who can earthquake) help you. It's supposed to be a challenge, so try your best!

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
Do some searches in the forums and find some tips on defeating Mavra. She is a challenge but is now always fun.

Load your deck with fire elf and a few other fire treasure cards. (Death wizards could try poison.) The fire elf will keep removing fire and -50 shields. Then you can attack with fire. (Storm and ice adjust this for your school.)

Start with one of the protection pox first. I always hit one of them on the first round because it is too soon for them to get ahead of me.

If you have a minion, put them up!

Keep lots of healing cards handy. Mavra is storm, so if you can shield against that it will help.

If you have the card that removes all shields, this is a lot of fun to use in this battle!

Explorer
May 22, 2009
Focus on defeating the pox guys first. Then I am sure it will be easier. I hope this helped!

Olivia Angelblossum, level 46 life

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
iheartcheesypie wrote:
Always kill the pox first, and if it gets to be too much, have somebody (say a myth, who can earthquake) help you. It's supposed to be a challenge, so try your best!

Yes i completely agree iheartcheesypie. This battle is easiest if you have 3 other people fighting alongside you. Kill the pox and the rest is a peice of cake!

Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
Mhbgc wrote:
I just got past tower of war and am going to defeat marva, but in the first two rounds in battle, the pox guys had all these sheilds on her that i cant kill her, if you defend yourself they will too, making it harder. do you have any tips or somthing? its frustrating.

Make that easy!!!! thank you all for the help i killed her and am not in grand chasm thank you so much!!!!

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
ok you need to kill the weakest enemy first that way they are out of the way for you to battle menerva and in this case it's the pox you need to get rid of. and later you will get a quest to defeat a guy who also has a pair of pox so do the same with him.
Hope this helps!!!!

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
everyone keeps saying kill pox first. my question is why they dont attack. use poison on flamewing if your death or other dot spell. then kill her then you can just heal and take out pox. basicaly remove threat first.

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
One pox can usually be removed pretty quickly since they put more protection on Mavra first.

I haven't tried taking Mavra out next. The remaining pox constantly puts more protection on her and she does some herself. It can take a while to get in enough hits on her that do much damage.

I am interested to know if anyone has done it by taking her out first, and how hard was that to do? I might go back and do her again for fun.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
rdfrdrgn wrote:
everyone keeps saying kill pox first. my question is why they dont attack. use poison on flamewing if your death or other dot spell. then kill her then you can just heal and take out pox. basicaly remove threat first.

The reason you kill the pox first is because they will heal and shield Marva Flamewing, making killing her much more difficult. You remove her support first and she comes down rather easily.

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
cealwutka wrote:
I am interested to know if anyone has done it by taking her out first, and how hard was that to do? I might go back and do her again for fun.

After going through the battle a number of times, I decided to take her out first and then go after the pox. It takes longer but I used my Myth Wizard (natural enemy of Storm) to cast Earthquake. That was fun!!!! All of their defences disappeared - it takes some time for all of the shields to vanish.

Once she is defeated and you are completely healed, healing spells are unnecessary. Just keep hitting the pox and they are eventually defeated.

Again it takes time to do it this way, but you might have a better chance to live since the pox do not attack. :) :) :)

Survivor
Jul 02, 2010
alright here are some tips Kill her first because she is the ONLY attacker just so you dont run out of cards and lose Summon a minion that has Attack spells it may take a long time but the minion CAN kill the pox

Survivor
May 29, 2010
marva is not hard she has two pox helpers but they dont atack marva is the only one who can Attack!her helpers cannot.they only put shields on marva and thea helps defend her from most of your cards you have to kill the pox first so then marva will be defendless.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
what a really good stragety is to get a myth wizard to help you i'm working on my myth so if you find me (devingoldflame, isaac soulsinger, christopher dragonrider in the game pm me) and i will help. what to do is use earthquake then use multi spells to get rid of the shield pox. then yougot marva all alone to kill

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
here are two ways that you can defeat her:
1. do damage over time spells that are low then attack with that school to kill them. KILL THE POX FIRST.
2. bring 3 other people and all attack one pox, one by one. eventually the little damage that gets in will add up. remember to kill the pox first, again.

no matter what, mavra will take a long time to defeat. it took me an hour oh well at least i beat her! :)

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
milkweed77 wrote:
ok you need to kill the weakest enemy first that way they are out of the way for you to battle menerva and in this case it's the pox you need to get rid of. and later you will get a quest to defeat a guy who also has a pair of pox so do the same with him.
Hope this helps!!!!

Actually, I disagree somewhat. With Marva, you definitely want to take out the pox first. When you go after the guy with the pox that give attack boosts, the best strategy for me is to go after the main guy first. The quicker you kill him, the better. Those pox can't hurt you, and they can't defend him. So, just build up your attack as quick as possible, and throw down a shield or two as you do, and you'll be fine against him.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
cealwutka wrote:
One pox can usually be removed pretty quickly since they put more protection on Mavra first.

I haven't tried taking Mavra out next. The remaining pox constantly puts more protection on her and she does some herself. It can take a while to get in enough hits on her that do much damage.

If you're balance, then she's a piece of cake, and you can simply ignore the pox until you take her out. All you have to do is build up a judgment attack. The only thing that can defend her from that attack is a tower shield, and that only protect against half the damage. If you do it right, it doesn't matter if they have 10 tower shields on her. Only one will be used for each attack. So, if you build your attack and shield yourself, you can one hit her easily. She only has something like 2000 health, so if you boost your judgment and build up those pips, you're set.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
stanklepoot wrote:
cealwutka wrote:

If you're balance, then she's a piece of cake, and you can simply ignore the pox until you take her out. All you have to do is build up a judgment attack. The only thing that can defend her from that attack is a tower shield, and that only protect against half the damage. If you do it right, it doesn't matter if they have 10 tower shields on her. Only one will be used for each attack. So, if you build your attack and shield yourself, you can one hit her easily. She only has something like 2000 health, so if you boost your judgment and build up those pips, you're set.

My fire wizard killed her first with the help of my fire minion and a lot of pixie treasure cards for healing I hit her with the elf and the fire minion kept hitting her with the fire elf too but for those not fire the ice elf and the storm elf would do just as good I also kept hitting her with the heck hound you can use any damage over time spell like these and they keep her shields down to a minimum but this took me about six tries and a lot of reshuffles before I went here and found this out and my wizard was by himself without any other wizards helping except for the very good advice I got here on the forums

Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
Mhbgc wrote:

I defeated her with my level 50 pyromancer. Tip 1: Have a good deck Tip 2 : Have a level 50 friend help you.-Robert lightstrider-level 44 death currently in the crucible. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
cealwutka wrote:

I killed mavra first, using the ice minion from spectral minion to take off towers, then judged her, then since the poxes don't attack, I healed to full while the minion dealt damage.

I wasn't that hard, because of spectral minion, but if I didn't have it then it would have been much harder