Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is the Wraith Impossible?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
Why is the Wraith right after Ember Everburn IMPOSSIBLE!? I mean i die every time i try to kill him!

Survivor
Sep 29, 2009
Ya I died too hey Wizard101 Makers could you make the wraith have 800 health :

Adherent
May 20, 2010
You're referring to Tomugawa the Evil.

Tomugawa uses mainly Death magic. He is highly resistant (80%) to Death magic, and vulnerable (50%) to Life magic. He can use all Death attacks, even Scarecrow, and buff it with blade, trap, and Curse. His Minion uses Storm magic.

If you're a Death wizard, you'll need to use Death Prisms in order to do damage to Tomugawa. Other wizards can use their natural attacks.

Since Tomugawa can do serious damage with his Death attacks, you will want to stock plenty of Death shields. I recommend going to the Bazaar and buying the 90% variety, as these will blunt almost all of his Death damage.

In battle, take out the minion first, then set up your attacks on Tumugawa (If Death, put the Prism down first before the Trap or Curse). Remember to keep a Death Shield on yourself at all times.

Survivor
May 29, 2010
Survivor
Aug 03, 2008
It just means you need to widen your deck and put more healing spells.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
Ice32 wrote:
Why is the Wraith right after Ember Everburn IMPOSSIBLE!? I mean i die every time i try to kill him!

Yeah, I know! I've been stuck on him for over a month Is there an easy way for a fire wizard to win this battle?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
nicholaswizardas wrote:
Ice32 wrote:

Yeah, I know! I've been stuck on him for over a month Is there an easy way for a fire wizard to win this battle?

If I remember correctly, my fire pass this boss by taking out the minion on turn two with a bladed phoenix, then collected pips (with one heal) while putting up blade, trap, triple blade and feint, then heliphant on turn eight or nine. Again, you need a very good pip rate (by mid-MS I try to get near 50%) and a good damage boost. A small deck so you can get what you need is necessary, plus I always spend my points in death to get feint...but that is me.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
i gotta admit and i'm a high lvl life wizard......he will kick ur but no matter what happens....believe me take my advice as i'm a LIFE WIZARD and he is a death monster he almost killed me.....for all those death people that hate life ur gonna wish u were life because he will use death attacks nonstop( and pluse he takes hard hits from life if ya buff it and him with centaur or earth walker

Historian
May 28, 2009
Survivor
Jun 24, 2010
I am an ICE wizard and I defeated him on my 2nd shot, lemme give you some tips.

I was lvl 37 and had NO blade just traps,

I to took out the minion first with a Kraken item card + a storm prism.
I then used to Krakens and a Ice Wyvern on the boss and I think he was gone!

I am now on the tree of life so yeah!

You will get there!

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
My death, storm, balance and life wizards all beat him solo with little problem. Shield early, take out the minion first, only use fully loaded attacks and heal if necessary. Not that hard. Good luck!

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Ice32 wrote:

no it ain't. I killed him on the first try. Just kill the minion first then the wraith. Easy. :D

David Stronghunter level 50
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
addisoncrawford wrote:
My death, storm, balance and life wizards all beat him solo with little problem. Shield early, take out the minion first, only use fully loaded attacks and heal if necessary. Not that hard. Good luck!

Yea i agree.

Explorer
Sep 01, 2009
Ice32 wrote:

Yeah i agree i did it to day and it took me 5 times it was so anoying

Malvin Life dreamer- Level 45
Adam Light Caller-level 35
Malvin DeathGem-level 28

Community Leader
Its not impossible, just takes strategy .
1. Make sure your gear have some resist, you can buy at the bazaar some really nice items.
2. Makes sure to have shields and heals.
3. Only use your own spell school, unless a trap and and tri blades
4. Kill the minion first, then set up the wraith

colagada gave some great advice in this topic

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
Ice32 wrote:

I killed him on my first try. He is pretty easy. There are a few ways to do this.
If you have crowns-
1.Buy a level 40 Life Henchman for the Wraith.
2.Take out the minion on your own.

If you don't have crowns and are a death wizard-
1.Take out the minion.
2.Use death Prisms and kill the wraith.

If you don't have crowns and aren't death-
1.Take out the minion.
2.Kill the wraith.

And this may be important.
KEEP A DEATH SHIELD OF SOME SORT ON AT ALL TIMES.

Taylor Swift- Level 36 Sorcerer

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
nicholaswizardas wrote:
Ice32 wrote:

If I remember correctly, my fire pass this boss by taking out the minion on turn two with a bladed phoenix, then collected pips (with one heal) while putting up blade, trap, triple blade and feint, then heliphant on turn eight or nine. Again, you need a very good pip rate (by mid-MS I try to get near 50%) and a good damage boost. A small deck so you can get what you need is necessary, plus I always spend my points in death to get feint...but that is me.

Thank you so much! but i'm sorry to say that i don't have half those spells :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(, oh well, i'll probably summon a life minion from the crown shop.

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
i beat him on the first try trust me he isn't that hard

Joseph Lifehammer Level 45 Life Wizard

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
nicholaswizardas wrote:
Ice32 wrote:

Im a fire wizard and i beat him on my first try -.-

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Ice32 wrote:
yup i know the first time i fought him i asked for help from my friends but they said it wouldnt let them go ther :-( but as a myth wizard, i am happy because of humungofrog! all i gotta do is use spirit blades (boost to myth, life and death) combined with myth trap, and myth blade, dealing damage to them is soooooo easy! sry but if your death your just gonna hafta use prisims :-( but anyways myth rocks!

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
Survivor
Sep 29, 2010
It is really imposible because you cant take any friends with you. So just grab grab a lot of treasure cards and summon a minion to help. It took me 3 times to beat him. Get all enemy spells.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
I just beat this dude last night and I am a Death Wizard(Necromancer). People having problems beating him or any other tough boss for that matter should take a look at their spell deck. If you are using a deck with more than 20 cards in it then you are using to many. I almost always use a Starter Deck or a Pinewood Deck for battles. This way the cards you want to come up will come up. Depending on what school you are you will only need a boost and maybe a trap to kill the minion. This should take 4 turns at the most. Then you move on to the boss. If you think you will need it play a shield for Death. I suggest going to Sabrina Greenstar in the Wizard City fairgrounds and using a training point to get the -80% shield if you already don't have the -70% duel shield from the Myth or Life school. Then you just play your blades and traps on him and attack. With so few cards in your deck, you will be surprised how fast all the cards you need come up and you will be able to take him out in no time. You can always put a Pixie in your deck just in case. This is how I do it and I never get beat by any boss. On the rare occasion I have ran out of Attack spells, but that only has happened a couple of times and it was against Ice bosses both times because of them playing Tower Shields. I hope this helps. :D

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
I beat him my first time trying :D.When I was low on health, I polymorphed to try to lower his health and I got a chance to defeat him. He was hard though...

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Shockdude72 wrote:
Get some strong friends, you'll beat him in a flash.

It is a solo boss.
I am a Pyromancer and I beat him on second try
good luck!