Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

i found out what school ambrose is

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 24, 2009
Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Adherent
May 20, 2010
Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
I thnk we know.You think it's so hard to find out!!!!!But it's not!!!!!!It's sooooooo simple.Just use your head some times!!!!!

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
His last name refers to the Latin name of immortality.
Wow thats really cool i didnt know that ambrose was the Latin name of immortality thats pretty cool

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
ambroses school is spiral its a combonation of every school

strong attacks high acuracy good shields good minions good life steal good healing good over time damage

tyler lighthaven ice 29

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
lol, amborse is a food too, it's called amborsea rice, it's amborse with an a at the end

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
His last name refers to the Latin name of immortality.

That is interesting. I did not know that. he must be immortal.

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
Ok I think Ambrose is like a master of all the school. He's so old he has gotten enough training points :P any way what do you think? What school is he? O and abetted question. How old is he?

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
SEAN638 wrote:
Ok I think Ambrose is like a master of all the school. He's so old he has gotten enough training points :P any way what do you think? What school is he? O and abetted question. How old is he?

There is already a whole thread about Ambrose and his school - he knows it all and now he is studying Sun, Moon, and Star magic.

Maybe Prof. Greyrose will point you to the origional thread with this answer in it.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
SEAN638 wrote:

Age is just a number. And here is what Headmaster Ambrose said about his training:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/2471.ftl

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
I forgot which one I think balance but when selecting your school, it says under famous people Merlin was one. So, since he is obviously based on merlin, (Merle) so I think he might be balance

Explorer
Oct 29, 2011
well i kind of know that the school of merle ambrose is not mentioned so if anyone knows or guesses what school he is plz reply

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
retchu wrote:
well i kind of know that the school of merle ambrose is not mentioned so if anyone knows or guesses what school he is plz reply

This is an old reply from Merle Ambrose. Don't know if he changed it at all.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/2471.ftl

Survivor
Nov 21, 2010
I think a better question is; how old is Merle Ambrose.

We know he is older than Wizard City and Ravenwood. But is he really younger than Bartleby?

How many years did it take him to master each school?
My guess is, maybe one hundred years, at least.

So how old is the old sorcerer?

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
Peabotz wrote:

We know he is older than Wizard City and Ravenwood. But is he really younger than Bartleby?

Those are good Questions, i ought to know myself.

What i think: See, Bartleby and Grandmother Raven created the Spiral, which i doubt Merle Ambrose was even born then, so they have to be older then Ambrose.

Oh and to your Question about his School:

Headmaster Ambrose wrote:
I was apprenticed to a program long, long ago that fostered a cross-discipline approach to Wizardry. At various times I have spent a few centuries devoting myself to the study of each of the different magic schools. Currently I am studying the Astral magics, a school of thought that is barely recognized and little known.

You see, at Ravenwood, we teach the core essentials of both the Inner and the Outer triangles of Wizardry: the External magics, which deal with manipulating the forces of Nature (Fire, Ice and Storm) and the Internal magics, which deal with the elements that compose one's self (Mind, Body and Spirit ... or, as you know them, Myth, Death and Life.) I am currently researching a third triangle, one that we know little about, but seems to be quite puzzling and immensely powerful; the Astral magics. These deal with the manipulation of the universe itself, the Sun, the Moon and the Stars; those heavenly bodies which are bound by (and make up) the Spiral itself, the inner workings of the great machine which makes the Universe tick... much like an old (but perfectly maintained) timepiece.

That should answer your Question.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2010
Randomperson16 wrote:
Peabotz wrote:

Those are good Questions, i ought to know myself.

What i think: See, Bartleby and Grandmother Raven created the Spiral, which i doubt Merle Ambrose was even born then, so they have to be older then Ambrose.

Oh and to your Question about his School:

Headmaster Ambrose wrote:
I was apprenticed to a program long, long ago that fostered a cross-discipline approach to Wizardry. At various times I have spent a few centuries devoting myself to the study of each of the different magic schools. Currently I am studying the Astral magics, a school of thought that is barely recognized and little known.

You see, at Ravenwood, we teach the core essentials of both the Inner and the Outer triangles of Wizardry: the External magics, which deal with manipulating the forces of Nature (Fire, Ice and Storm) and the Internal magics, which deal with the elements that compose one's self (Mind, Body and Spirit ... or, as you know them, Myth, Death and Life.) I am currently researching a third triangle, one that we know little about, but seems to be quite puzzling and immensely powerful; the Astral magics. These deal with the manipulation of the universe itself, the Sun, the Moon and the Stars; those heavenly bodies which are bound by (and make up) the Spiral itself, the inner workings of the great machine which makes the Universe tick... much like an old (but perfectly maintained) timepiece.

That should answer your Question.

Thanks for the reply Randomperson16.

I figured a hundred years per school.

Now i want to know what his secret is to his longevity.

Does he have the Philosopher's Stone?
Can I have one too? PLEASE?????

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
I reckon Merle Ambrose is Myth
Reason 1: His wand is for myth school only. When you first start w101 Merle Ambrose gives you troll as the first spell you use (I think, pls correct me if I am wrong) against malistair's minions.

Reason 2: He looks like a myth wiz compared to any other school. Plus his pet "Gamma" is a myth pet. When you go into the room Gamma is in you see all myth things.

Conclusion: I'd just like to wrap it up, that is my opinion, tell me what your oppinion is.

Hunter, pryomancer, lvl 57

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
legoharrison on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
Reason 1: His wand is for myth school only. When you first start w101 Merle Ambrose gives you troll as the first spell you use (I think, pls correct me if I am wrong) against malistair's minions.

Reason 2: He looks like a myth wiz compared to any other school. Plus his pet "Gamma" is a myth pet. When you go into the room Gamma is in you see all myth things.

Conclusion: I'd just like to wrap it up, that is my opinion, tell me what your oppinion is.

Old School

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
Easy.

The most poweful school from which all the others were derived from. MAGIC!

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
Jerry Saibot on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
Old School
lol :D

it looks like he is one of the astral schools, or possibly all of them, (sun moon and star) since the original tier looked school oriented (school paterned stuff from krock all the way to mooshu), we can only speculate that he is in fact of 1, 2, or all of the astral schools

Champion
Aug 20, 2010

He "looks like he belongs to a school" is not a fair argument.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010

how is a map of the spiral mythical its nowhere near a myth in this game besides astral symbols look like myth gear to you? idk about wand but he also gives you a firecat and meteor but for the fun of it i am gonna assume he is main school:storm fire ice balance life death myth secondary schools: moon star sun lol lets hope kingsisle has a word to say in this

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Merle Ambrose has probably mastered all schools, since he's the headmaster. He knows a lot of stuff...

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
Merle Ambrose is from the Balance school. It says when you take the schooltest that famous Balance wizards include Merle Ambrose and some others.

Fiona