Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Weakness is Overused

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
HI i have a lvl 50 death wizard and throughout wizard 101 i have realized that the spell weakness is overused by monsters. Weakness is a spell that puts minus 25% to your next damage spell and ALMOST EVERY SINGLE MONSTER IN THE GAME uses weakness. It is usually the FIRST spell they use and it costs ZERO pips. Sometimes they will use it OVER AND OVER. Once they put FOUR weaknesses on me back to back! Now it is fine that balance wizards can use it but i think that ONLY balance monsters should be able to use it. It is byfar the most annoying spell that monsters use and it ruins the game. I would like to know if others think the same, thanks,

zacary soulwraith lvl 50 necromancer.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
It is definately abused. But, since it is a spell found on the learnable spell list from the balance teacher(s), they do realistically have a chance to legitimately have it.

However, the fact that every single monster out there is using it (once you're out of WC), and seems to cast it on you within the first 2 rounds (and subsequently afterwards when their pips are low) is clear proof that, regardless of what the moderators here try to tell us, they do not work off of a deck in the same manner that we do.

I feel that Weakness needs to be removed from the regular monsters, and a limit placed on the Elites and Bosses ranked monsters.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I have noticed that it is used a lot more than it used to be by the mobs, but it is fairly simple to get around,not really a problem imo .

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
It is very annoying, yes, also the elf abuse needs to stop. If I had a choice to change Weakness or the Elves. My vote would go to Weakness, Hands down. All wizards should have a a spell to dispell things like Weakness, and any Elf, by the cost of Pips to use.

Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
Yeah, Weakness is annoying and that's coming from a Balance Wizard! Whenever that happens I just use the Balance Blade spell so my next attack will be normal power, but you're a Necromancer so I don't know what to tell ya :(

Molly
Magus Sorcerer

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I disagree with you. As frustrating as weakness can be, it makes you think. You have to change your strategy. This makes the game more interesting.

Plus all monsters don't cast it.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
sanmil0963 wrote:
I disagree with you. As frustrating as weakness can be, it makes you think. You have to change your strategy. This makes the game more interesting.

Plus all monsters don't cast it.

Outside of WC almost every mob and boss fight uses weakness. They not only use it, they SPAM it constantly. It doesnt make me think, it irritates and annoys me when ALL mosters open thier attack with Weakness and are not Balance. I have more weakness cast on me by every other school than the school it actually belongs too.

What change to strategy??? If I go second my opening move most times is a wand/sword attack to remove the weakness I know is coming. I would say it work 50% of the time and allows me to save my blades (Balance School). There is nothing strategic about spamming one spell over and over again. Hmmm, we call Storm wizards using Wild Bolt every round Bolters, what should we call all the Monsters Spamming weakness?

It has made me make 1 simple change with my parnter, she is Myth, guess what spell she throws as early as possible to stop the Weakness Spamming? That's right, Blinding Light. If you stun the stinking weak spamming monsters for a round you can get clean shots the next and kill them all. Thanks for the weakness spamming without it I wouldnt have thought of this tactic (For Fire its Choke, Myth can at leasat Earthquake later to Stun again).

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
I suppose the tens of thousands of damage a character can do makes no nevermind to the complainers eh? If a character can learn a secondary school spell, then there is no reason an enemy cannot

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
Weakness and Elf are certainly overused and create a lack of imaginativeness to combat, but it doesn't break the game.

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge - lvl 50 Ice