Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Begin your Journey to CELESTIA

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
huntic12 wrote:
ProspectorZeke wrote:

An urgent message has come from a faraway world!. For those of you who have completed the Final Countdown quest in Dragonspyre, visit me, Halston Balestrom, in Ravenwood. I urgently need your assistance!

These are the Preview Quests to Celestia. The world of Celestia will be open later this year, but these preview quests do not have to be completed for you to gain entry to Celestia when it arrives to the Spiral.
i have just deleted my old fire grandmaster on accident and now i feel so horrible is there anything i can do to bring it back :(

go to contact us, click contact us tab and go from there

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
faxbot882 wrote:
Zeke proff Balestrom and all concerened,
I must inform you this is an unfair practice to ask grandmasters to quest knowing full well there will be a level hike to 60 and we are not allowed to bank or keep any xp earned until that level change takes effect. Therefore I also inform you I will Not be questing or buying crowns to buy back any training pints until this said practice hass been made fair to all grandmasters who wish to quest and level to the new standard.
Thank you for the thread and good luck to all

I totally agree. i stopped playing my grand when in maxxed out and have not even got to malistaire yet, but fail to see why play and lose all my exp. Will the cap be lifted when we get to celestia or is it planned for the next upgrade. I guess ill be waiting.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
ProspectorZeke wrote:
We're not asking you to complete these quests. As stated above, these quests will not be required to continue into the new world of Celestia. When Celestia is released and the level cap is increased, you are invited to complete these quests at that time.

Then why put this out there? Do you think for some reason many of us ENJOY running into a brick wall over and over and over again??? I understand the need for a challenge, but this was ridiculous!!! I've attempted it three times with various friends and we've failed every time....easily. For all you who say you've beaten it easily (I'm sure blindfolded, with both hands tied behind your backs as well), bully for you, but that is not everyone's experience, nor is it the experience of most of the people I've talked to out there in the Spiral. Last time we might have won (though all of us only had only double digit health left), except for the final boss can do Scarecrow every round without any pip expenditure that I could tell. ABSURD!!! I also noticed nobody in this thread who say how easily they beat this thing mentioned that they did so with a Myth wizard. God Bless you, Myth wizards if you have completed this! With three other GM's and/or paid henchmen your minions are entirely useless (one of the biggest parts of your game) and personally I think its awesome when the elemental types (or even the Life) just toss your Time of Legend aside ...all for "the greater good." This tower is yet again another example of how Myth wizards are the "ugly stepchildren" of the Spiral (especially after that slap in the face they gave us with our overhyped minotaur, Orthrus...when everyone one else gets a cool multi opponent spell that has additional effects...and no, Earthquake does not make up for it because its use is very specialized and it does pathetic damage). Bottom line for me personally is this tower is a HUGE negative experience and I'm not surprised at all that people are saying they are going to quit the game because of it...and you shouldn't be surprised either, Zeke.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
I think yall need to make the world of celestia come sooner. It is getting very boring with my grand and don't feel like doing it all over again. So please make it faster.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
ProspectorZeke wrote:
We're not asking you to complete these quests. As stated above, these quests will not be required to continue into the new world of Celestia. When Celestia is released and the level cap is increased, you are invited to complete these quests at that time.
well, i am going to! i have saved all of my side missions so that i can level up once more YAY! actually, more like ten times more YAY! i reached the warehouse 2 days ago, and i am waiting for the new levels to do it, because i will need the experience points given. anyway, THANK YOU SO MUCH, KI! AND CONGRATS ON YET ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL WORLD!

cya in the spiral!

paul ironflame, level 50 grandmaster pyromancer, savior of the spiral 8)

look soon for paul stormglade, novice diviner

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Zeke I have a question. When will celestia come out? Like I know you have been saying late summer or whatever but want to know the date when the test realm opens and the date when celestia goes live. I would be happy if you answered both of these questinons . I want the month and date for both test realm then live realm.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
ProspectorZeke wrote:

It would have been really nice if it had been clear that this quest would garner no xp or badges or ANYthing for that matter. I think KingsIsle led us a merry chase thinking this was a real quest - with all the advertising and what not. Pretty unfair if you ask me. For those of us who beat it through skill; luck and team work it would have been nice to be able to acknowledge that somehow. Kinda feel swindled here...

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
all i'm saying is never ever going in that mb tower again even if my friends need it, KI this new bosses cheat dungeon is very annoying. i barely made it out alive, i had a grand life, balance, fire, and me (fire). i died what fourty times before i beat it, two days in a row 10am to 6pm and then all i get is a hat weaker than whet i have now but if any of you who still need it, dont do it cause (what really made me mad was right after i beat it), figured out you dont need it come on KI go back to the balanced and peaceful (sort of) wizard101 that i remember and i bet a lot of people want back too!

Ryan Shadowblood

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
I hop this new world isnt really really hard. But i hop there is a bit of a challenge in it so it would be fun for all of us. :] :) :-) :D

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
I'm hoping the new world isnt really hard but has a bit of a challenge in it so it can be fun for all kids and family. :] :) :-) :D

Survivor
Jun 01, 2010
:? But I thought it said that you had to be 50 and then speak with the Storm Teacher..

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
Rhemas wrote:
I defeated that Tower in Marlybone. At least they let us run again from where you left off. I must have died 5 times straight at the final boss. Thank GOD for the free crowns I went back in to the last floor with 4 henchmen, 2 ice and 1 storm, I was death and I used beguile on the boss 4 times to get done!

That one was a pain!

Oh and the previous bosses cheat REAL bad, I mean 7 pip spells with only 1 pip, that is not just cheating that is highway robbery. and then they go 3 times on there side before you can go again, OR you as the first player go once, then their side ALL go, then your next guy, then THIER side all go again, and so on, and so on...At least beguile lasted through all of those quadruple dipping cheats! I mean come on, how are you supposed to live with that? Fire Dragons every hand, and twice a round?

There is a key to it all. First off, beguile doesn't always work, so that shouldn't be relied on. I found that the best way to stay alive and win the battle is to have someone continuously using quench on Estrakir, until all the minions and the healer are dead. And don't heal until the healer is dead. And finally, do not attack unless you can either one hit them or everyone on the team can hit. Its all strategy and it is completely useless to use only henchmen because you have no control over them and they are only helpful by chance. Having a game plan is the way to win and though it is close to impossibly hard, its comepletely doable.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
phlynx wrote:
To say I am VERY disappointed and my wife, who tried the MB tower with me, is enraged at the absurd imbalance of the boss battles is to completely understate the situation. My wife is leaving Wizard101. I can't blame her. I have three grand masters and I doubt that, other than by shear luck, any of them are likely to survive that tower. in the last attempt the opponents were casting top level spells as many as four casts to our one. I got to cast twice before we were wiped out. It was not just the two of us either. until the last attempt on the final boss we had another player with us and we were using henchmen. Is Kings Isle just trying to get players to burm through crowns so they can increase their profits? This is NOT the sort of gaming that made me want to work on six characters to the levels of three grand masters and three more at high master levels. This is NOT the gaming experience that would have me telling others that this is the game to play. If fact I will be telling people that this game has lost its way. No longer is it that fair, fun and exciting game that it once was. It's not a matter of simply needing teamwork to complete a quest but that you have to watch the "baddies" just plain pummel you and your teammates in hope of getting ANY chance to fight back.

The tower is not a ploy to get people to spend crowns. Matter of fact, using henchmen is the worst way to go because they are close to useless in the boss fight. Its all about strategy and helps to have a game plan. And getting frustrated doesn't help either, trust me, been there, done that. The tower is made up of bosses who "cheat" and is intended to be an immense challenge for only the best of players. If you aren't willing to spend the time or effort to plan, fail, and try again then just forget it. Yes its very hard but it can be done. I have finished it three times, with many failures I might add, but eventually my team and I figured out a battle plan to defeat the cheating enemies.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
Okay, well, my husband (lvl 47 Diviner) and myself (lvl 45 Pyromancer) had completed the Final Countdown quest and headed on over to Balestrom for the optional quests that lead us to the tower in MB. It took us FOREVER, but we finally defeated it in order to make our way to Celestia (even if only introductory). We were so disappointed that we have to wait for level 50. I mean, we knew that you have to be Grand for Briskbreeze, but we honestly thought that Celestia would be opened up "For those of you who have completed the Final Countdown quest in Dragonspyre". There weren't any drops to speak of and though a level 50 may not need the xp, a boost on the xp would've been nice to help lower levels along the way to becoming Grand. There wasn't even a badge or anything. I guess it's just that considering that the tower was set up for 4 level 50 characters and that the two of us completed it (without help) we felt like we should have earned something and now we haven't even made our way into Celestia.

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
blizzardkid94 wrote:
seasnake wrote:
I'm hoping the new celestra world will be made really difficult and hard as it makes end game play more enjoyable while waiting for the next worlds. Challenge is preferred.

Have you been on the test realm and gone through the new tower/dungeon? There are many areas of this game that are difficult and the new tower is the worst as far as difficulty. KI needs to keep things balanced and give more XP so that wizards can actually get to level 60.

Unlike you, some people like me and seasnake LIKE the challenge. I absolutely LOVED the Celstia Tower in the Test Realm. It actually makes you strategize and plan ahead unlike normal fights. Don't think of it as a cheating tower, think of it as a tower for the heavy thinkers and strategizers like me! 8) I am glad however we won't have to beat it to get to Celestia again cause no matter how much I loved it I DO NOT want to do it again.

Anyway what level are you blizzardkid94? Honestly I was dissapointed at how easy much of Dragonspyre was and I crave new challenges. I bet a lot of Grands and Master wizards agree that Wizard101 needs a world for the absolute best players. And it's not like we're asking novices to port into Celestia and do a bunch of quests!

I want Celestia to be a challenge, so I agree with seasnake.

Dylan ShadowTallon Lvl 47 Diviner

Survivor
May 10, 2010
When i went to the Warehouse i was with three other people who had done it before and this was my first try so i was lucky. we had three storms and a life. We breezed through all the floors up to the last boss. This was out stragety with him.

Our life person (in the sun spot) started in the sun spot and cast a entangel (life dispel) on knuckles, the guy who copys you're healing. All three storms and the life him self shielded the life person heavily. Also, the storms (including me) bladead themselves heavily. since we also have cleanse charm, and eskitar does fire (thats right fire) nova, we could get rid of weakness cast on us. We proceded to kill the two rats and after the rats were dead we all needed healing so our life did rebirth. When knuckles tried to copy our heal, it fizzled cause of the life dispell. The life then did another entangle and we killed knuckles, using a rebirth first right before he died (which of course he fizzled trying to copy) and then another rebirth after knuckles was dead.then, on to eskitar. Unfortuanatly, eskitar does scarecrow every other round after knuckles is dead and since scarecrow is one of those (what are they called again, the spells that do damage and heal you too? well, you know wht i mean)spells that do damage and give the caster health too, they got through our absorb shields given by rebirths. Also, everytime we did damage he got health back. So we proceded to do three tritons in a row and kill him. :D I think in that final fight our life person did six rebirths but we prevailede in the end!

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
I have finished both towers to get the spiral key and in the one in colosious the srgt. mentions a quest in kroktopia that has to be done. Well when I looked in my quests I don't have the quest. I don't want to have to do the towers all over again as they were super hard. Can someone please help me figure this out? I can't even go there and defeat him as I don't know where to go. Thank you in adcance.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
I just spent two days finishing up the towers to get to celestia. I found it very hard and frustrating however if you have a good team of GMs and you all stick in there to the end(unlike some of you that bail out half way through and leave the rest of us to die) it can be done. I failed about 3-4 times however if you strategize and use skill and a whole lot of quenches on the two bosses it can most definatly be done. Yes it is SUPER HARD and yah the bosses cheating sucks however if you have the time and energy to put forth to complete it it is facinating, challenging, fun and exciting. When we got to the head boss I was so excited I was screaming and yelling and hollering ! When we won my heart was pounding so fast and I was smiling from ear to ear! Totally rewarding I would say. Most definately. And who cares about the leveling up I knew going in that the level cap wasn't in existance till the new world came out and found it as an awesome challange . Now I know I can handle what ever may come in the new world.

Thank you KI for the challange!

Jenna Rainshade GM Death and loving it! ;)

Survivor
Jan 23, 2009
I LOL at all those who thought the tower was hard. As several people have said it is nice to have some actual challenge in this game. It was fun when Malistare, the ravens, and several GH bosses were able to cheat. Even though Malistare was insanely hard it was still fun to attempt it. They might have overdone mally but it took skill to beat him. It actually took some skill to kill some of the hard bosses. It seems now i just mash keys, kick back, and choose spells. One of those people hopping several bosses cheat and a final boss who takes awhile to kill, as long as it has epic loot of course! :D

...................*´¨)............................................................(¨´*
..................¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨).....(¨*•.¸.. (¨´*•.¸´•.¸
................(¸.•´..........(¸. RiskYourLife •.¸)..........´•.¸)

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
i can't wait till the new journey begins , but what can i do till then?, i did the test realm and i just can't wait for it. Is there any other realms to do for grandmasters to complete?. Thank you for making a good game for the whole family, please let me know when the new journey will come out? , like i said earlyer i can't wait for it.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2009
Rhemas wrote:
I defeated that Tower in Marlybone. At least they let us run again from where you left off. I must have died 5 times straight at the final boss. Thank GOD for the free crowns I went back in to the last floor with 4 henchmen, 2 ice and 1 storm, I was death and I used beguile on the boss 4 times to get done!

That one was a pain!

Oh and the previous bosses cheat REAL bad, I mean 7 pip spells with only 1 pip, that is not just cheating that is highway robbery. and then they go 3 times on there side before you can go again, OR you as the first player go once, then their side ALL go, then your next guy, then THIER side all go again, and so on, and so on...At least beguile lasted through all of those quadruple dipping cheats! I mean come on, how are you supposed to live with that? Fire Dragons every hand, and twice a round?
that is so a rip off! i completely agree! this is not fair the bosses deserve to have the same privlages as us ( the wizards ) - healing because we have to kill them it's a harder challenge but like really??? at least like have at least like 4 pips and use a 5 pip spell! we should sue! no haha just try and fight against it :D

Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
ProspectorZeke wrote:
Please read the post at the top of this thread, it clearly states:

these preview quests do not have to be completed for you to gain entry to Celestia when it arrives to the Spiral.

Any idea how long that may be? I am so excited already.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2010
WizardCityMelis wrote:
:D When it says final countdown quest in DragonSpyre. Does it mean you have to beat DragonSpyre? When I mean beat, defeat Malistaire?

Malistaire is easy to beat had no problems there ... my question is when in the world is celestial going to go live ... we are getting bored waiting around

Survivor
Jun 01, 2010
blizzardkid94 wrote:
seasnake wrote:
I'm hoping the new celestra world will be made really difficult and hard as it makes end game play more enjoyable while waiting for the next worlds. Challenge is preferred.

Have you been on the test realm and gone through the new tower/dungeon? There are many areas of this game that are difficult and the new tower is the worst as far as difficulty. KI needs to keep things balanced and give more XP so that wizards can actually get to level 60.

I am curious as to why the wizards cant just keep leveling up as far as we want to?

Survivor
Jun 01, 2010
ProspectorZeke wrote:
Please read the post at the top of this thread, it clearly states:

these preview quests do not have to be completed for you to gain entry to Celestia when it arrives to the Spiral.

Do we have approximate date when this new realm will be up and running ... my grandmasters are bored now?