Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Library Dues?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 25, 2009
gobbler king got a book uh who else? oh general dude on cyclops way the last guy on triton ave the the theater on firecat alley and life is on unicorn way with the green ghost and death is ugh i did the quest but i forgot. Hope thos helps though :-) :D

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
I found the first book in the library and it registered that I found the firecat alley book, had to defeat the boss, BUT the quest arrow keeps pointing back TO the book even though I've found it and registered it. What's up with that? Also, what is up with the read the book card? How do you use that?

Survivor
May 30, 2009
each book is in a tower and if you have trouble finding which tower put the quest helper on.

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
here help

colousus : when you fight gobbler prince it will be right in front

blackhope tower: on the side

storm drain tower NIGHTSHADE! : on the left all i no

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
flaknugget wrote:
I'm having a very difficult time with this one.

I'm supposed to seek out the histories of each magic type, and the histories are hidden in areas around magic city.

I looked for hours yesterday and had no luck. I'm not even sure what sort of object I'm supposed to be looking for.

Has anyone finished this quest yet?

It isn't too hard. It's in a tower all the time. Find The Smiths was different. You must look in the grass, snow, it depends where you are because Colossus Boulevard has snow and places like Unicorn Way has grass. But Hedge Maze has. . Hedges of course!

Explorer
Nov 07, 2008
Fire-Alicane Swiftarrow's castle
Ice- Gobbler King's castle
Storm-Harvest Lord's Tower
Death-Lord Nightshade's Tower
Life-Lady Blackhope's Tower
Myth-General Akilles's Castle

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
Here is hints:

*Look for them inside main story quest lairs

Main Story Quests is from Merle's Quest to Cyrus' Quest.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
Maryanne20 wrote:
I was in the Haunted cave and I could not even get into the tower. Which quest is it to get into tower? I'm already up to Cyclops lane tasks. Is it before that, because when I went to haunted cave, the doors were closed. There was one bit with a gate, but the gate was closed as well.

o.k, that tower is the last boss before you unlock the night-side,(death school)
im not that far, but Merle gives you that quest, after you unlock the night-side, you also unlock kroktopia but, to get that quest, you must beat the 3 main quests for unicorn way,(sergent skullspliter i think) cyclopse lane(go to dark cave and find some skull) and fire cat allly(fire elf curse)and then Merle gives you it.oh, and that door i dont think you open it, ever

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
I know where all the books are unciron waylaty blackhope colloses balavard
in the gobbler kind tower triton ave hardvestlord and firecat the fire elf boss cyclopes lane the boss thats farest away dont know his name and finally haunted cave storm drain tower

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
flaknugget wrote:
I'm having a very difficult time with this one.

I'm supposed to seek out the histories of each magic type, and the histories are hidden in areas around magic city.

I looked for hours yesterday and had no luck. I'm not even sure what sort of object I'm supposed to be looking for.

Has anyone finished this quest yet?

XD magic city? it called WIZARD CITY. anyway go to every street. then look on your map and you will see the book. well i think. I haven't done it in so long. anyway it's the main boss on each street. to start you off go to lady blackhope. there is also one at alicane swiftarrow (think I spelled that right) and Akillis. Also there is one at the gobbler king. HOPE THIS HELPED

james skull wielder 49 death

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
You have to battle certain people and they are in certain streets for each school except Balance.
ANSWERS:
History of Life: Unicorn Way, Blackhope Tower
History of Myth: Cyclops Lane, General Akilles' Fort
History of Death: Either the Dark Cave or the Haunted Cave, Nightshade's tower(I don't remember)
History of Fire: Firecat Alley, Alicane Swiftarrow, Fireglobe Theater
History of Ice: Colossus Boulevard, Gobbler King's Castle
History of Storm: Triton Avenue, Harvest Lord's Tower

AND THE REST IS HISTORY
Hope this helps!

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Windlilly wrote:
kalycesowa wrote:
I am a level twenty and mostly finished with the bosses in Wizard City. Now I have the Library Dues quest. Does this mean I have to defeat them all over again?

Kayla

I have finished all the bosses in Wizard City, at least that I know about. I'm level 32, and now I suddenly find myself stuck with this quest... its not fair! I'm too busy trying to get to MooShu to worry about this! I thought I had finished all the quests possible in Wizard City and Krokotopia (except for Tomb of Beguiler), but now they have many more and I have to go back and re-battle all of these bosses. I totally understand.

Borris Tallstaff in the library gave the quest. As soon as you enter Library turn Left you will see him. I do think he is a side quest NPC. As long as you do the main Storyline quests of Wizard 101, you will be able to enter other worlds.

I remember one time on my Fire Wiz, Ambrose sent me to Krokotopia, and I was heading to hit the Bazaar before I went, and I found a few other quests in Wizard City that I had missed. And on my Death Wiz I was sent to Marleybone, and I had still not done all the side quest in Krokotopia, infact I am still stuck on a Side quest in Krokotopia, but I still can access Marleybone. Which probly happened to you in this case.