Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Library Dues?

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 22, 2008
15
I'm having a very difficult time with this one.

I'm supposed to seek out the histories of each magic type, and the histories are hidden in areas around magic city.

I looked for hours yesterday and had no luck. I'm not even sure what sort of object I'm supposed to be looking for.

Has anyone finished this quest yet?

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
193
LOL I looked all over Wizard City for those "so huge you can't miss them" books!

Just go do your quests for each street. In the last boss battle on each street --- guess what you will find???? YES! Those books. The last one is in the tower in Haunted Cave.

Just relax and enjoy the game...trust me you will "stumble across" everything you need.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2008
8
flaknugget wrote:
I'm having a very difficult time with this one.

I'm supposed to seek out the histories of each magic type, and the histories are hidden in areas around magic city.

I looked for hours yesterday and had no luck. I'm not even sure what sort of object I'm supposed to be looking for.

Has anyone finished this quest yet?

It says on the quest which zone you will find each book...

Survivor
Oct 02, 2008
4
Delver
Sep 25, 2008
203
I was in the Haunted cave and I could not even get into the tower. Which quest is it to get into tower? I'm already up to Cyclops lane tasks. Is it before that, because when I went to haunted cave, the doors were closed. There was one bit with a gate, but the gate was closed as well.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
336
Maryanne20 wrote:
I was in the Haunted cave and I could not even get into the tower. Which quest is it to get into tower? I'm already up to Cyclops lane tasks. Is it before that, because when I went to haunted cave, the doors were closed. There was one bit with a gate, but the gate was closed as well.


8)
No; the tower at the end of Haunted Cave is (potentially) the last Quest you do before moving on to Kroc World. It can be hard, since both of the monster you face have a sickeningly high rate of not Frizzling even the least reliable of Spells (I was on the verge of crying after the Boss hit me with Thunder Snake three times in a row, but I somehow Fizzled Troll twice). But both are insanely weak to Life Spells; so if you are Life School Wizard, they shouldn't be too hard. If not, make sure you have a friend who is go in with you. BTW, the Book of Death Magic for the Library Dues Quest is inside.

The gate to the right of it, bear the seal of the Death School, goes nowhere as far as I know; Just ignore it unless you are directed to it by a Quest.

Danial DragonSinger (Myth - 25)
8)

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
203
NeoStar wrote:
Maryanne20 wrote:
I was in the Haunted cave and I could not even get into the tower. Which quest is it to get into tower? I'm already up to Cyclops lane tasks. Is it before that, because when I went to haunted cave, the doors were closed. There was one bit with a gate, but the gate was closed as well.


8)
No; the tower at the end of Haunted Cave is (potentially) the last Quest you do before moving on to Kroc World. It can be hard, since both of the monster you face have a sickeningly high rate of not Frizzling even the least reliable of Spells (I was on the verge of crying after the Boss hit me with Thunder Snake three times in a row, but I somehow Fizzled Troll twice). But both are insanely weak to Life Spells; so if you are Life School Wizard, they shouldn't be too hard. If not, make sure you have a friend who is go in with you. BTW, the Book of Death Magic for the Library Dues Quest is inside.

The gate to the right of it, bear the seal of the Death School, goes nowhere as far as I know; Just ignore it unless you are directed to it by a Quest.

Danial DragonSinger (Myth - 25)
8)


Thanks for telling me!! Now I know it is last quest I'll just finish my other quests first. I'm a pryomancer. So I have fire spells. Would that work? I have some death spells and some treasure cards, with a variety. But sometimes they gray out. I hate when you need treasure cards then you can't use them, because they are grey.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
4
How do you pick up this quest in the first place? I have done it with one of my other wizards but now I come to do it again I can't seem to find who will give me the quest

I know it comes from the Librarian but I think there is a quest before that that you have to do before he will let you take the Library Dues quest. Help!!! :( :D

Survivor
May 24, 2008
12
The library quest is not available to new wizards any more- you have to have finished at least Unicorn and I think also Cyclops - and yes, you do have to battle those bosses all over again to read the books.

So after you finish those, just check in the library and he should have the quest ready for you!

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
4
Thx Peri. I am level 8 with this new Wizard but don't think I've quite finished Cyclops yet (off to check in a minute!) so I will keep looking for the quest. Hope I get to it soon and it's not just a glitch in the game. :?

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
336
Peri wrote:
The library quest is not available to new wizards any more- you have to have finished at least Unicorn and I think also Cyclops - and yes, you do have to battle those bosses all over again to read the books.

So after you finish those, just check in the library and he should have the quest ready for you!


:(
I don't think so ... I got the Quest well before going after that "Lady" ghost on Unicorn Way. In fact, I personally think the Quest is either glitched because of all the Halloween stuff, or has been outright removed. I would love to know what's going on; I have 3 Wizard now level 10+ who haven't got it yet.
:(

Explorer
Aug 20, 2008
96
It's still there. My newest wizard has it. You just have to be level 10 and then go talk to Tallstaff in the library. There's no introduction to it any more. You have to go seek it out on your own.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2008
4
:) Finally managed to pick up this quest. I was almost done with Firecat Alley before I got it. I agree there is probably a glitch but patience seems to pay off with this one and the extra stuff from doing the boss battles again is always a bonus.

Just keep checking with the Librarian is the best tip I can offer. 8)

Explorer
Aug 20, 2008
96
candleprincess wrote:
:)
Just keep checking with the Librarian is the best tip I can offer. 8)


That would be a mistake, because Halstan doesn't offer it. ;)

At level 10, Boris Tallstaff, who hangs out in the library, will offer you his "interview all of the teachers and trees" quests. After you do those, THEN he offers the history of magic quest that signals Halstan to offer you the Library Dues quest.


Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
50
This quest used to be available when you went into Unicorn Way. Olivia used to send you to Borris to get something for a quest and he would give it to you then, after he made you talk to all the teachers and trees. For some reason they desided to make this a LEVEL 10 quest. Once you reach level 10 you can go talk to Boris in the Library and he will send you along to talk to people and then after all is said and done... You will finally get the quest for the Library Dues. You will then have to go back to Unicorn Way and Cyclops Alley to ge the books fromt he end bosses. Its rather a pain now that its a Level 10 Quest but the XP is worth it.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
7
I am a level twenty and mostly finished with the bosses in Wizard City. Now I have the Library Dues quest. Does this mean I have to defeat them all over again?

Kayla

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
2
driftblim275 wrote:
I Just Finished The Quest

The Locations Are With Bosses


Death Magic - Stormdrain Tower - Lord Nighshade
Fire Magic - Fireglobe Theather - Aliance Swiftarrow
Ice Magic - Gobblestone Castle - Prince Gobblestone
Storm Magic - Harvest Lord's Tower- Harvest Lord
Life Magic - Lady Blackhope's Tower - Lady Blackhope
Myth Magic - General Akillies Building - General Akilles


Thank you SO much. It's about time someone gave this list.

Explorer
Dec 23, 2008
55
flaknugget wrote:
I'm having a very difficult time with this one.

I'm supposed to seek out the histories of each magic type, and the histories are hidden in areas around magic city.

I looked for hours yesterday and had no luck. I'm not even sure what sort of object I'm supposed to be looking for.

Has anyone finished this quest yet?
i have gotten several of the books and i can tell you that lord nightshade has the history of death magic and all the ones i havent found are probaly with a boss oh ya and history of ice magic you have to beat prince gobblestone to get

Explorer
Dec 23, 2008
55
Maryanne20 wrote:
I was in the Haunted cave and I could not even get into the tower. Which quest is it to get into tower? I'm already up to Cyclops lane tasks. Is it before that, because when I went to haunted cave, the doors were closed. There was one bit with a gate, but the gate was closed as well.
the tower is lord nightshades palace/tower thingy

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
203
ok, yapper, I understood that. Also people you only have to defeat Lady Blackhope on Unicorn Way again. There is other ways to get to level 10 to get the quest so you only have to defeat the bosses after Unicorn Way once. Lady Blackhope is easy so beating her twice won't be too hard. I kinow as my second wizard which is Death school was doing it. My pyromancer first wizard is now in Krokotopia getting stronger. :o

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
336
kalycesowa wrote:
I am a level twenty and mostly finished with the bosses in Wizard City. Now I have the Library Dues quest. Does this mean I have to defeat them all over again?

Kayla


8)
If you want the Books, sorry but yes, except for the Book of Fire. Its with Swiftarrow in the Firecat Theater. If you stay up on that walkway where you enter the Theater, going around the left side, staying close to the wall, you can can down those stairs next to the Book and not have to fight him. But I think he's the only Boss that you can bypass to reach the book in question.

However, now that you are level 20, they shouldn't be so hard, and might give you some interesting Drops, too; My Balance Wizard got a Sprite Pet (looks like the fairy from the Spell of the same name) from Swiftarrow; and the two Gobbler Princes guarding the Gobbler King gave my Myth Wizard a Snow Serpent Pet... Its all about the Rareness of the Drop in the end...
Hope that helps some ....
8)

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
339
kalycesowa wrote:
I am a level twenty and mostly finished with the bosses in Wizard City. Now I have the Library Dues quest. Does this mean I have to defeat them all over again?

Kayla


I have finished all the bosses in Wizard City, at least that I know about. I'm level 32, and now I suddenly find myself stuck with this quest... its not fair! I'm too busy trying to get to MooShu to worry about this! I thought I had finished all the quests possible in Wizard City and Krokotopia (except for Tomb of Beguiler), but now they have many more and I have to go back and re-battle all of these bosses. I totally understand.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
8
kalycesowa wrote:
I am a level twenty and mostly finished with the bosses in Wizard City. Now I have the Library Dues quest. Does this mean I have to defeat them all over again?

Kayla


i got the quest.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
336
Windlilly wrote:
kalycesowa wrote:
I am a level twenty and mostly finished with the bosses in Wizard City. Now I have the Library Dues quest. Does this mean I have to defeat them all over again?

Kayla


I have finished all the bosses in Wizard City, at least that I know about. I'm level 32, and now I suddenly find myself stuck with this quest... its not fair! I'm too busy trying to get to MooShu to worry about this! I thought I had finished all the quests possible in Wizard City and Krokotopia (except for Tomb of Beguiler), but now they have many more and I have to go back and re-battle all of these bosses. I totally understand.




Uh,.... more than Library Dues? I'm Level 35 now, am actually in Mooshu, and was not aware of such things! Which ones and where?

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 35, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")


Survivor
Feb 24, 2009
38
candleprincess wrote:
How do you pick up this quest in the first place? I have done it with one of my other wizards but now I come to do it again I can't seem to find who will give me the quest

I know it comes from the Librarian but I think there is a quest before that that you have to do before he will let you take the Library Dues quest. Help!!! :( :D


Boris Tailstaff will give you the quest! Go to the library and goto the librarains desk turn to the left and standing to the side is Boris Tailstaff if he does'nt have that quest for you take whatever quest he has and check back often! Also you have to do a chain of diffrent quests that lead up to that one! BTW you have to talk to the Dog Guy at the front desk before you look for them he has something special for you!

1