Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Good and bad people on wizard 101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Being a long time player of Wizard 101, I have seen MANY MANY MANY mean people on this game. They'll cut into your battle when you ask them not to, theyll curse right in front of young players, theyll report you for no reason, and worst of all, theyll type inapropriate things in ALL CAPS!!!!! One person joined my battle when i asked him not to, and then he just let the clock run out! he didnt pick a card! he just let the clock run out to make me mad! i asked him to at least start casting spells, and then he said, "I thought you didnt want anyone to join your battle because you didnt want help". THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT RUIN WIZARD 101 FOR ME!!!!!! i like to take a nice break from the rest of the world when i play wizard 101. then it just makes me want to log off when i run into a person like that. However when i run into a nice person, it makes me want to play the game even more. this one time, there was this really nice wizard that politely asked me if i wanted help in my battle, i said yes, thanked him for asking, he said "You're welcome", and then helped me with the rest of my quest. these are the people that make me feel good about playing Wizard 101, which is how Kingisle wants us to feel.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Well I agree. The problem is....It is the internet, and it is a way for certain people to flex their " E-Muscles," if you will.

Ah these morons of this particular breed of human scum, are very annoying and easy to get around. I just ignore them and play my game. Although it is sometimes annoying when people let the clock run down. "CLICK PASS FOR PETE'S SAKE!"

What I notice and kinda annoyed me more. Is people that just randomly invite to do things with you.. Most annoying one is the randomness of friend invites. It got so bad I had to turn those things off in settings, Thankfully KI aloud us to turn these off.

Seriously, whats with random invites???? I don't know who you are, where you came from, and why are you spamming to be my friend so much? AT LEAST get to know me first, then ask me to be friends with you, PEOPLE! don't just assume everyone you ask wants to be friends with you.

Also the friend thing is bad when you do get a friend, I helped this guy kill like 5 bosses, and I then had to solo them later myself. Which I do not mind to much, but please do not keep spamming port to you constanly.

I know what he wants, he wants me to drop what I am doing, and do his quests for him. He actuly got mad one time because I told him I am Busy doing MY quests. Did he port to me, or even asked me If I needed help? NO!

So watch the people you choose to be friends with, just saying. Everybody wants something for nothing, not just in game but life as well.

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
mystic22 wrote:
THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT RUIN WIZARD 101 FOR ME!!!!!!

I agree!

mystic22 wrote:
However when i run into a nice person, it makes me want to play the game even more. this one time, there was this really nice wizard that politely asked me if i wanted help in my battle, i said yes, thanked him for asking, he said "You're welcome", and then helped me with the rest of my quest. these are the people that make me feel good about playing Wizard 101, which is how Kingisle wants us to feel.

I think we can all help making the future of the game better by teaching the younger players by example. I think that when the youngsters encounter pleasant people like you mentioned above, it will stick with them and make them think twice about harassing others.

On the other hand. I have reported a few wizards for harrassing people. As long as there is a text log of the harrassment, KI should have enough information to make their own decision on whether or not that person is deliberately harrassing others.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 34 (Magus Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 32 (Magus Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 28 (Adept Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 21 (Adept Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 16 (Journeyman Necromancer)

Survivor
May 02, 2009
Oh, I have the same experience. This dude was cussing at me just becuase I attacked the meteor strike on him but the rest of his team was like cool spell. It's really frustrating because I have a small sister that's playing and she was like saying it so I have to teach her for one hour not to say it anymore. People may say older poeople can say badwords but I don't cuss in Wizard101 or the real world. Hope that supports your post.

~ Peachey521

Survivor
May 02, 2009
Drifter69 wrote:
Well I agree. The problem is....It is the internet, and it is a way for certain people to flex their " E-Muscles," if you will.

Ah these morons of this particular breed of human scum, are very annoying and easy to get around. I just ignore them and play my game. Although it is sometimes annoying when people let the clock run down. "CLICK PASS FOR PETE'S SAKE!"

What I notice and kinda annoyed me more. Is people that just randomly invite to do things with you.. Most annoying one is the randomness of friend invites. It got so bad I had to turn those things off in settings, Thankfully KI aloud us to turn these off.

Seriously, whats with random invites???? I don't know who you are, where you came from, and why are you spamming to be my friend so much? AT LEAST get to know me first, then ask me to be friends with you, PEOPLE! don't just assume everyone you ask wants to be friends with you.

Also the friend thing is bad when you do get a friend, I helped this guy kill like 5 bosses, and I then had to solo them later myself. Which I do not mind to much, but please do not keep spamming port to you constanly.

I know what he wants, he wants me to drop what I am doing, and do his quests for him. He actuly got mad one time because I told him I am Busy doing MY quests. Did he port to me, or even asked me If I needed help? NO!

So watch the people you choose to be friends with, just saying. Everybody wants something for nothing, not just in game but life as well.

I know how you feel dude. This girl keeps asking me to help her but did she help me NO! So I never helped her (just make something up like you have to do a quest or you're in a battle and turn off your friend teleport thing) that works out for me, but after that, she reported me, but good thing they didn't ban me. So if you run in to those sorts of things take them off as your friends and ignore them. Hope that helps :D

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
i know what you mean, and i've been through some bad things too. One day a few minutes after i logged on i got a pop up on my screen saying i'd been reported, and that i may be banned. i was wondering what i'd been reported for because i dont really like to type that much (some may find that hard to believe by one of my other posts, lol) and some of the only things i said were 'hello' when i first arrived and 'meow' some time later. when that happened i was scared out of my wits worrying wether my next minute, no SECOND, would be my Last on wizard101
Destiny Iceheart lvl 50 ice 2nd school life 3rd school storm (yes i learned 3 schools minus sanctuary in life and i can use all of them)
Christina Lifebringer lvl 30 or so death

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
I'm glad you all agree with me. Personally I was waiting for some mean person to leave a comment on this page saying "Ha! I do that 'let the clock run out' thing all the time!" But sadly, this element is kind of out of our control. Mean people are going to log on to Wizard101. But we can stop them from ruining our day and somebody else's day by ignoring and/or reporting them.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Bad or clueless people. I had a player call me a fagget because I use up a trap that I casted on a boss fight, because the boss stuck weekness on me and, I had a wand that matched the trap I used. He wanted to use His Nija Pigs off my shield that I casted, and got mad. ROFLMAO it is my trap I can do what I want with it.

Survivor
May 26, 2009
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
The problem is i often dont mind or want to help but then when you offer or say yes they act like they dont need to move.

This one kid asked me to help him finish big ben and i agreed untill i realized he was doing nothing but shielding and healing himself while i did the work AND THEN asked if i could hurry because he had plans. LOL!

Parents teach your kids better than this. PLEASE!

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
I know why some peeps try to befriend me in Dragonspyre - they want me to take them to places they can't get so they can do quests there. But I don't understand why they bother since the bigger experience is doing the quests!

Also, a lot of the times when players keep letting the clock run down, it is because they are not there. I find it annoying when someone joins my battle then goes afk (away from keyboard), letting me wait out each countdown and take all the hits, etc.

Some parents expect kids to answer immediately so this often happens. Wouldn't it be better to teach your child to be thoughtful so that they could say, "Let me please finish helping this person."

Survivor
May 04, 2010
I feel your pain - but "mean" people simply cannot be avoided, especially in a MMO Game.

I am probably one of the lucky ones though, and haven't run into any serious problems with anyone yet. I have had to shut off friend invites though, and only turn it on when someone has "proven" themselves to actually be a friend. That means helping me out when I need help, and vice versa. Of course my best friend is my wife, who plays on the computer next to mine, so chat is almost always turned off.

About people letting the clock run down on you - this has happened to me countless times - with my wife... Sometimes the game randomly crashes while battling. That's another issue all together, but sometimes it takes a couple minutes to reload, log in, and return to play. It's not always the other player's fault. So in my case, I always assume that they crashed, and throw them a shield or healing spell when needed to keep them alive until they get back. Thinking (and acting) like that has made a number of "mean" people into nicer ones. Remember the better you treat others, the better they will treat you.

OK, I'm done preaching - lol

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Didn't see if anyone else suggested it, but you should definitely move to one of the less croweded realms (e.g., those that say "perfect").

It seems most of the new/casual players seem to land on Ambrose and the other crowded realms. The ones who are more experienced and actually enjoy interacting with others and know how to play the game (e.g., not just flailing around casting random spells) tend to move to the pefect realms.

There are lot of very helpful and polite people out there (one kid kept calling me "sir", it was so cute). Focus on those and ignore the morons!

Good luck and have fun!

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I used to hate when people would just jump right into my battles with out asking. Now I don't mind it as much because I will say to them, "hope you dont mind long battles because I am just gonna let the clock run" then I would wait till it says 2 seconds left and I will click my spell. I also use this trick when i have my myth booster up <not sure what else to call it> and then they cast a fire or storm ect booster which eats up my myth one.

But for those that ask to join, I think that is awesome and I have taught my kids to ask before just jumping in. Just wish there was a way to kick people out of battles :(

ellie

Survivor
Feb 26, 2009
mystic22 wrote:
Being a long time player of Wizard 101, I have seen MANY MANY MANY mean people on this game. They'll cut into your battle when you ask them not to, theyll curse right in front of young players, theyll report you for no reason, and worst of all, theyll type inapropriate things in ALL CAPS!!!!! One person joined my battle when i asked him not to, and then he just let the clock run out! he didnt pick a card! he just let the clock run out to make me mad! i asked him to at least start casting spells, and then he said, "I thought you didnt want anyone to join your battle because you didnt want help". THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT RUIN WIZARD 101 FOR ME!!!!!! i like to take a nice break from the rest of the world when i play wizard 101. then it just makes me want to log off when i run into a person like that. However when i run into a nice person, it makes me want to play the game even more. this one time, there was this really nice wizard that politely asked me if i wanted help in my battle, i said yes, thanked him for asking, he said "You're welcome", and then helped me with the rest of my quest. these are the people that make me feel good about playing Wizard 101, which is how Kingisle wants us to feel.

I have a solution, since some people take kindly to reports and don't care maybe, after you report them as a warning you can click "confirm report" that sends their account to kingsile office or something and they'll view over it and decide the person's punishment (if that player deserved it at all) maybe they'll take out their permision for open chat or filtered chat. OR if it gets to be a big problem, then either temporary account band, or perminant. hope this gives an idea

When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assess the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions such as muting or banning and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just a egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

We appreciate that our players want to make Wizard City the best it can be, and we've placed the tools in your hand to report players for inappropriate behavior. We ask that you use the reporting feature to identify truly egregious behavior, such as creative profanity (swearing around the filters), solicitation of usernames/passwords, predatory threats, racist comments and other such actions as outlined in the Terms of Use. The old story of “the kid that cried wolf” has a lot of bearing in this situation and we trust that all reports received by players are valid and require support intervention.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Ok guys, a lot of you think there is an untold side to the first post I made on here, but look, I dont do anything mean to the people & im not just saying that. I mean it, i dont curse around the filter, i dont know them in the real world, they dont have anything against me personally. They are just jerks. if their computer crashed or they leave their computer usually i know because i keep talking 2 them. asking "are you there?" or saying "hurry up please." would get a response if they were there. but i know the people who just let it run out 2 b mean are there cuz ill say "hurry up please" & they'll say "no i dont wanna help you" or something like that. ill call them on it then theyll report me for like no reason. honestly guys, this isnt the main thing i think of when i play w101. i just made this topic cuz 1 guy was really mean 2 me & i wanted 2 tell some1 who understood. im the only 1 of my friends & family that plays w101, so i wanted 2 tell other players & kinda know what their thoughts are

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
why is it so many people are focusing on the "bad people" of w101? let's face it, there are a lot of people who are good, too many who are bad, and those unfathomable people who defy description.

now, here's a good example of each, in descending order of occurrence (as in good/bad/???)

-good: random people answering calls for help and asking if someone needs help before entering (which happens a lot more often than your posts make it seem)
-bad: just read the other posts
-??? random people saying "hi" and then acting offended when you respond cordially (ie, "yes?)

and it is possible to make them - what's the term - "see the error of their ways". for example, i was in kt, in a fight, and i had a really bad hand. nothing i could attack with, no good heal spells either. so, in one of my "allies's" minds, that made me a "fool". and they kept calling me that all - battle - long - and - after - it - too!!! so, i decided to friend this person, and then told them in no uncertain terms to stop it, that it was annoying, and that it made people wonder what they did wrong, and it worked! if it hadn't i probably would have reported.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I know what all you people are saying. During a pvp match, tihs guy was smack-talking me and everything, and for some reason, a message popped up saying i would be banned if i kept insulting the guy. I DIDNT EVEN SAY ANYTHING TO THE OTHER GUY. I didnt understand it at all.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Emerlad10 wrote:
I know what all you people are saying. During a pvp match, tihs guy was smack-talking me and everything, and for some reason, a message popped up saying i would be banned if i kept insulting the guy. I DIDNT EVEN SAY ANYTHING TO THE OTHER GUY. I didnt understand it at all.

Strange things like that have happened. I got yelled at for using a dispel! O_O
A dispel card. Probably because the attack i dispelled removed all of her pips...

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
Drifter69 wrote:

You have some anger issues. anyway some people want to make friends because they need help doing a dongeon or something.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
One time there was this one guy screaming at everybody during a pvp. He said he had personal issues and so I told him to stop sceaming at everyone just because of that and he reported me like five times. I wish I knew how to report him . He would have been banned for sure.

Abigail Spiritrider

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
yep my former friend wanted me to help him for a few months sometimes i could not due to lack of sub. then i got it and then today he removed me because I was hanging out with A friend who I know (he played before me) and he removed me and he took me to many worlds I wish he could see my point as we tried many times and we finally arranged it I wish he saw my point

(if this was too off topic you do not need to place it)

Explorer
Jan 27, 2009
I was farming the Gurtok Demon last night and this midlevel player INSISTED that I add him with no explanation why. I figured he needed to flee, heal, and port back so I added him. We finished the battle and he just ran off, so I deleted him. I just don't understand why people think they MAKE you friend them.

Defender
May 29, 2009
Drifter69 wrote:
Seriously, whats with random invites???? I don't know who you are, where you came from, and why are you spamming to be my friend so much? AT LEAST get to know me first, then ask me to be friends with you, PEOPLE! don't just assume everyone you ask wants to be friends with you

Sometimes its OK if someone wants to be your friend that you don't know. Once this person (If never found out if this character was a he or she) named Cass Daisybreaker who was absolutely begging to be my friend. If it wasn't for he or she, I would still be stuck on Katz Lab... that or the Counterweights. I'm serious, what's with the four dungeons in a row? What kind of game is that? *dry humor*