Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Heroic Dungeons and Dungeon Finder

AuthorMessage
Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Well I think KI might feel this is important. LOL this is the 5th post I have on this!

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
It would be nice to have a small pane in your usual wizard HUD that shows who is on or near the pads for the following dungeons in your current realm:

Waterworks
Mirror Lake
Trial of the Spheres
Big Ben
Ironworks
Tower of the Helephant

etc.

You can tick a box next to the dungeons you want to see, and ignore the ones you're not interested in.

For the ones you want to see, a small window will appear at the bottom left of your screen showing an overhead cam view of the door, and who's lurking around. You can click on the image to port there and join the dungeon pad. You can also send a brief message to people in the immediate area asking them to wait, or go ahead without you. (Once people are on the pad counting down, you can't port but you CAN broadcast a local menu chat saying "Wait for me")

Survivor
Nov 12, 2012
I have found that compared to other mmo games the one thing this game lacks is a group finder, marvel heroes places you into a group automaticly upon entering a dungeon area, dc universe and world of warcraft puts you into a qeue and enters you when enough players have been found, i see no reason a similar function could not be placed for wizard and pirate 101, i thoroughly enjoy playing this game and simply wish to make it easier not only to find other friendly players to play the game with but make it so it doesnt take quite as long to try and find help in a city then have to port back to the dungeon.

Survivor
Oct 08, 2011
Is there an LFG function on W101? If not are there plans to introduce one?
As someone who doesn't have a circle of in-game friends but still wishes to progress, A looking for group tool is sorely needed.
Could staff plesase reply.

Thank you

Survivor
Dec 19, 2012
Because of the fact that there are different realms, it makes kind of hard to find a suitable group for longer and harder instances, like the Tower of the Helephant and Ghost Avalon. I know that you can ask your friends, or M4H, but I think that it would be easier if you could find a group right that second, as they may be busy. There would be a second sigil, and then an interface would pop up and match you with a group.

Jack Deathbringer, level 77

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
A Dungeon Pedestal would be nice in every world.

What is it used for?

You go and interact with it, then a window opens, offering you the dungeon list of the world.
Then you click on the selected dungeon you want to complete.
Then you will see the forming parties for a dungeon raid.
You click join party.
After the party is full all of the players included are teleported inside the dungeon, and the fun begins!

Off course you can create your own party, giving information about potentional party members, for example: waterworks run, minimum level 70, and one slot for Life wizards only.

There are three major benefits:
- players can get new friends
- creating a party will be easier
- if there are only a few players at a definite hour who want to complete the same dungeon, they will find each other among millions of players

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
Have you ever been given a quest that involves going into a dungeon, but have no friends online to do it?

Well, that's why I feel that KI should have a matchup system. Basically, you'll click on a button that says, "Dungeon Pair-Up" and then you'll just have to wait to be paired up with other players! The Pair Up system will find other people from all other realms who want to do the dungeon. There will be an estimated time (ex. Less Than 1 Minute [Expected]) and when it's ready you'll see a pop up like in PvP when a match is ready. You'll click on "start dungeon with players" and you're off!!

Is this a good idea?

Explorer
Sep 28, 2010
I think it is a great idea but it may be hard to introduce into the game love the idea though

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Defender
Jan 25, 2009
Helenie Nightseer on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
Yes, yes it is.

www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/feedback-friday-7-19-13
Guess I'm not the only one who's wanted this!!

Survivor
Sep 15, 2010
Love the idea, some dungeons are way to hard alone.Swift Storm.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
Brilliant idea I have thought of this to!!

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
I think it would be great. So many realms and chances are you'll connect with a farming party. Plus being forced to solo Jade Oni was not great. With a new dungeon zone why not this?

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I really like this idea!!! I don't know how many times I needed somebody by my side!!! This should also be available anytime. It takes somebody, any realm, who is available, and click match and BOOM! Your there!!!

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
KorekuEternal on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
Have you ever been given a quest that involves going into a dungeon, but have no friends online to do it?

Well, that's why I feel that KI should have a matchup system. Basically, you'll click on a button that says, "Dungeon Pair-Up" and then you'll just have to wait to be paired up with other players! The Pair Up system will find other people from all other realms who want to do the dungeon. There will be an estimated time (ex. Less Than 1 Minute [Expected]) and when it's ready you'll see a pop up like in PvP when a match is ready. You'll click on "start dungeon with players" and you're off!!

Is this a good idea?
Maybe it can be like tournaments and people with membership can join *insert dungeon name here* at the time the dungeon is set at and you will be paired randomly with 3 other players or you could get in a group and invite friends. Crowns players could also buy the ability to join them for 300 crowns and they can join the groups forever. Or something similar to this, so yes, wonderful idea!

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
There has got to be a better way to find dungeon partners in Aquila.

I just spent 20 minutes realm hopping and gave up on the idea that I could find a group of wizards with which to do the Squid boss fight. Either the realms were completely empty or they were crowded with tons of people, half doing the dungeon and half doing the squid boss. Each time people attempted to enter the sigil, invariable one or more wizards backs off the sigil at the last second, thus rendering the whole exercise ridiculous.

Please do something so that us wizards can actually participate in the new content that you worked so hard to release. What's the point of releasing it if us solo wizards spend 20 minutes being unsuccessful at finding a group, then log out in frustration?

There ought to be a central area for dungeons and you get in line like you do for an arena match.
You pick whether you are doing the dungeon or doing the squid, then when you have been matched up with 3 other wizards you are teleported to your own private sigil where you don't have to fight off 20 other wizards to get into the dungeon. If you are with a friend, maybe you could group up and then have the matching system find you two other wizards to do the dungeon with you.

As it is now, except for a couple lucky instances, I am not able to participate in the new Aquila content. Spending twenty minutes in an absolutely useless pursuit is not my idea of fun and I'm certain it's not King Isle's goal. You can do better.

Signed,

A wizard who sure would like to enjoy Aquila's new content

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Historian
Jul 18, 2010
KorekuEternal on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:

Is this a good idea?
I thought of this too the other day!!!! This is a beyond awesome idea if you ask me!!!!!! It would be so much easier then jumping from realm to realm looking for random wizards to help you it could be like a little book or something by each dungeon or tower that lets you find a random group or wizard that needs to do that instance. U can join a group and do it together like I said I think this is one of the most reasonable ideas yet !!! It!

Survivor
Aug 02, 2013
I suggest giving players that - for whatever reason - have difficulty either joining or staying in groups, the option of joining a default group comprised thereof.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2012
I think the wizard 101 community as a whole would benefit by having a grouping system in place. For now we have to switch from realm to realm trying to find complete groups for certain dungeons. Some of the lower level dungeons like helephant tower it is hard to accomplish because not many people want to do those dungeons anymore. Also with the introduction of the new dungeons like tartarus there are hordes of people trying to get in there for cronus or hades. If a grouping system is set in place ... say maybe a button you can press to bring up a grouping system interface that allows you to see groups that are forming for certain missions (dungeons) and allows you to sign up for that particular group. I would love for something like this to be introduced into wizard 101 ... maybe it would keep me from pulling all my hair out looking for a group.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2013
We've all seen people in the Commons saying things such as "Looking for someone to run Sunken City with" and not finding anyone. I think it'd be a LOT easier to have some sort of pedestal in the commons area of every world that lists every dungeon (that your character has completed/needs to complete) so matchups are quick an easy.

I think it would be something like the PvP pedestals, and have different preferences for people to run dungeons with (e.g. someone level 30 or over, Fire or Ice wizards preferred, etc.) so people don't need to beg all of their friends to help them.

What does everyone else think? Do you think it could cause any problems? Any comments are appreciated

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Best idea EVER this simply must be done

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
this actually sounds like a good idea, the game is big enough now to where this kind of practice could definately work, for example, i can see a list to cue for like kensington park runs, or waterworks

(should you have collected the quests and the dungeon be available to you, it would show what dungeons you can group up for, you would get teleported to the dungeon, and even on leaving it, would appear back at the sigel)

it sounds good to me, a possibly strage look/feel to wizard101 to see at first glance should they add it, but still, it makes more sence with everything new coming out, people don't want the "sort and hassle" at the sigel door at level 60 + anymore

2 thumbs up to this idea

Survivor
Jan 04, 2011
I think that a way for players to group up for the dungeons at all levels is important. A few ideas i have to implement a dungeon finder to help all players
1) have an instance where all the dungeons in the game have an entrance, but you can only access the ones you have sufficient level to enter. This prevents the need for world chat and other things by making a local area have all the dungeons you could want to "farm"
2) Have a dungeon finder on the scale of something like WoW where players of appropriate level simply que for whatever selection of dungeons they are looking to run and limit dungeon selection by level.
3) I read something about a dungeon pedestal idea where all the dungeons for that world were contained in a platform where you could talk to it and que up from there. This could be a way to separate the levels because lower level players could not enter the world where the pedestal was and could therefore not que for the dungeon.
4) KI could at least include in the bubble chat for players that aren't even allowed to use text chat an "I want to go run (enter dungeon name here)" for all the tough dungeons with good loot drops like helephant and waterworks as a few examples.

I have a level 69 and have done significant raiding progression in other games and this is just a few ideas that i think are helpful or at least interesting :)

Hero
Feb 26, 2012