Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

password error:( plz answer fast

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
well, itried to log on just today but it wouldnt let me.......... it says password or username is wrong. i tried retyping a billion times, but to no avail. PLz answer quickly

You were able to log into the website and post on the message boards, which is the same username and password as the game.

Make sure that your CAPS LOCK is not switched to ON, as the password is case sensitive.

Since you can log into the website, you can also change your password here. Just go to the My Accounts section under your name and select 'Change Password'.
Once it's changed on the website, try logging into the game, and make sure that you're typing the username and password carefully. If you're still having issues, contact Mr Lincoln through the website under the Help & Support tab.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
I had the same problem. I tried at least three times to log on to the game, and I got an error message saying my username and password did not match. I was afraid my account had been hacked, so I came onto this website and logged into my account, and changed my password.

Went back to the game and the login worked okay this time.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Sometimes, certain internet security software, some toolbars, some browser add-ons, and some general software utilties will store usernames and passwords, even if you don't use a browser. If this is the case, that software will automatically enter your password for you, meaning that if you type it yourself, you've entered it twice, and of course it won't work. You'll know if this is happening because your password will appear (as stars/asterisks) when you open the game client or when you click on (or Tab to) the password input field.

Also, Windows Vista (and some XP systems with Service Pack 3) will rarely (for various reasons, which are temporary and unlikely to recur often) send extra characters, which also will make the password fail. That can be solved by rebooting the computer.

A keyboard setup for a high repeat speed will sometimes send two characters when a key is pressed.

Also, a keyboard with a worn out key or a key that has liquid damage can send multiple characters (i.e. "fff" instead of "f") when pressed once. You can check this by opening Notepad and trying each key.