Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Names that should be 'pickable'

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 04, 2008
I was shocked and horrified that I couldn't pick "Sebastian" as a first name for my character. I wanted to name him after the character in the movie/book of "Neverending Story", feeling that to be as appropriate as it could possibly get for a game that involves someone (theoritically) being pulled from the real world into a setting.

I think it'd be great to have a tagged/pinned forum post for people to suggest names that should be on the list. Yes, you'll get a lot, but I think the more names to pick from the merrier! And what if you are the only person in the world named Kynwyn (my cousin) it'd be nice to be able to put the name on the post and maybe someday be allowed to make a character with that name. I know some companies wouldn't care enough to go through that much effort but this game/company seems to care so I thought I'd suggest it ^_^

Explorer
May 22, 2008
Great idea! I think it'd be great to always continually expand the list so you have the greatest number of choices possible.

Survivor
May 22, 2008
I wouldn't mind spending a couple thousand crowns or so on a personalized name for my witch.

*hint, hint*

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
I totally agree with the names but I dissagree if we must pay crowns for it...

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
I agree there must be a way of getting more names to choose from
for your Wizard charactors because what happens when you have a friend
who has the same name of lord knows how many other players!? and
you go to port to them and end up going to one of the other 100+ players with the same name? Its happened! or when you have 2 friends who choose the same name and they are on your buddy list and try to port to one of them Grrrr! makes it that much harder to catch griefers too!

Being able to change your 'dropped pets' name 'baby abby'
later on if you happen to come across a zeke and have the crown to do it.
( kings isle could also add in a way to change the color of your
Crown bought pet or hat, robe & shoes for crowns of coarse! )

Survivor
Sep 04, 2008
My idea is to increase the list of possible names, not so much to let people spend cash to have a "personalized" name. I'd rather keep elitism out of the game as best as possible.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
The idea of expanding the name list to include other names is good. I read someone saying if you payed crowns, you should get the option of picking a personalized one.

The reason behind all this moderated chat is so Wizard101 chat does not become a WoW or FFXI chat, where people freely flame and insult each other, and where you having nothing but little kids' jokes all day long.

I am sure that most people have probably already figured this out, I might just be stating the obvious here. But if any of you played games like WoW then you'll know why personalized names should never be available. And I would agree.

So far, dispite the limited text chatting, such as the inability to write numbers ( ? ), I have to say the chat system is very nice, clean, and you dont have to worry about hearing any kind of random spam from anyone.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
maximumcool wrote:
I was shocked and horrified that I couldn't pick "Sebastian" as a first name for my character. I wanted to name him after the character in the movie/book of "Neverending Story", feeling that to be as appropriate as it could possibly get for a game that involves someone (theoritically) being pulled from the real world into a setting.

I think it'd be great to have a tagged/pinned forum post for people to suggest names that should be on the list. Yes, you'll get a lot, but I think the more names to pick from the merrier! And what if you are the only person in the world named Kynwyn (my cousin) it'd be nice to be able to put the name on the post and maybe someday be allowed to make a character with that name. I know some companies wouldn't care enough to go through that much effort but this game/company seems to care so I thought I'd suggest it ^_^

In a game like this with a fixed name generator, there are always going to be names that get "missed out". I'd expect that commonly requested names will get added to the name "spin-wheels" over time. You must really be passionate about the movie to be "shocked and horrified" :)

Happy Dueling.

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
A simple idea that would increase the number of available names:

Can you make each list have a "none"? Then where my character is just Destiny...I could use any of those names on the other two lists as an "only" name.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2008
Something similar has happened to me once. My character's name is Nathan Deathslinger and there was a girl named Morgan Deathslinger. And there was a guy saying "Look Morgan, it's your brother"