Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP-Middle names giving away your school

AuthorMessage
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
My life grandmaster's name is Caroline Sunbright and Sunbright sounds like a pyromancer's name, but I'm really a life wizard. It doesn't look like a problem. As long as you don't choose something that sounds like a life wizard's last name and you're wearing green, you're safe :).

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Althalus409 wrote:

Then here's an idea:

Quit pvp! If it is giving you so many problems in pvp and you found it a big deal in pvp then I guess it all has to do with pvp. So then quit pvp. If you really loved pvp, you wouldn't care. Its your choice, but we can't deal with your problems, when we have enough to deal with.

Wow really? Don't bother posting anymore on this thread, as it is apparent, you have nothing useful to say. See what you just said is "foolish". It's not "my" problem. It's a problem many players will have and probably already are having. What is this "We have enough to deal with." I don't see anywhere that it states you work for KI, so who are you talking about? No one asked you to do deal with anything except to either stop posting in this thread all together, or find some way to be helpful with ideas and suggestions, and stop acting foolish.

Thank you.Ugh. I noticed a new thread in the message forms. It is the bolded words. right now i have seen 2 people who have used that quote. They are Althalus409 and TheChaosMagician. They subscribed and She (not he) subscribed and they can post what they want. So stop Ganging up on her and everyone else. The only reasonable people (out of the ones in the arguement, not others) are Umrag and Iamlezul. So back off guys.

As for the name thing. Common who cares?! Its a NAME. If your gonna complain about it lets just name everyone Bob, Mike Bill for boys and Laura, Michael and Erica for girls! So everyone lets lower our tensions a bit shall we?

Defender
May 31, 2009
As for the name thing. Common who cares?! Its a NAME. If your gonna complain about it lets just name everyone Bob, Mike Bill for boys and Laura, Michael and Erica for girls! So everyone lets lower our tensions a bit shall we?

I'm afraid you've misunderstood what the OP is asking for. He's not wanting to change his name just because he doesn't like it - his concerns are about the strategic implications of having his school as part of his name. It's my guess that this isn't all that significant because there are, in fact, other and more accurate ways to determine the school of your opponent. That not withstanding, I do think it is a disadvantage to have your school in your name in pvp. And, considering that many choose their name long before they understand the implications of how that can be used against them, it doesn't seem unreasonable to want to have an option to change it.

As the OP stated, he created several wizards and took them all the way to Grandmaster before he jumped into the arena. Unfortunately, people are using the fact that his names broadcast what schools the wizards belong to which leaves him at a disadvantage. Rather than creating new wizards and leveling them all the way back to Grandmaster, something that would takes MONTHS or longer, he would like an option to change the wizards name.

While I don't think this is a huge issue, I also don't think it's an unreasonable request.

mlb

Survivor
Jan 08, 2009
Just for your information.. There is people ( like me ) that knows how to check everyone's school. If I'm in a fight with them, I can know. I don't want the world to know how so I wont tell, but the name is nothing compared to actually knowing the school.

Also, they dont have to talk, it's not that way.