Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Removing the Jade Oni's Amulet of Duplicity

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
As many of you know the Jade Oni's Amulet of Duplicity is a level 35+ amulet that gives any player a hydra card. I think this is unfair to Balance wizards. This amulet gives EVERYONE the ability to use hydra the balance rank 6 spell , but balance wizards cant use any other school's rank 6 spell amulet, the Balance only amulet gives donate power, a useless spell by my opinion, i've never seen anyone use it besides the mander minion, which not many people use any way. So while balance wizards get a lame amulet all the other school's get to use our hydra, then get to use their rank 6 spell, so we are stuck with either hydra, which everyone can use anyway, or any other amulet with a decent spell in it. I dont use the jade oni amulet because my pet hydra already gives me an extra card, so i use the amulet that gives me the skeletal pirate. ( which i hardley ever use) It's not so much that i want to use other school's rank 6 spell amulet, i'm just ticked off that everyone get's to use hydra. and we dont even have the option to use their rank 6 spell amulets, but everyone else gets to use balance's. So i recomend switching the donate power amulet with the amulet of duplicity making hydra a balance only amulet, and making donate power available to everyone. One more thing i think instead of putting donate power in an amulet, put spectral blast in. It still gives the elemental attacks but isnt a rank 6 spell available to EVERYONE. Thank you for reading my rant.

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
paladin429 wrote:
As many of you know the Jade Oni's Amulet of Duplicity is a level 35+ amulet that gives any player a hydra card. I think this is unfair to Balance wizards. This amulet gives EVERYONE the ability to use hydra the balance rank 6 spell , but balance wizards cant use any other school's rank 6 spell amulet, the Balance only amulet gives donate power, a useless spell by my opinion, i've never seen anyone use it besides the mander minion, which not many people use any way. So while balance wizards get a lame amulet all the other school's get to use our hydra, then get to use their rank 6 spell, so we are stuck with either hydra, which everyone can use anyway, or any other amulet with a decent spell in it. I dont use the jade oni amulet because my pet hydra already gives me an extra card, so i use the amulet that gives me the skeletal pirate. ( which i hardley ever use) It's not so much that i want to use other school's rank 6 spell amulet, i'm just ticked off that everyone get's to use hydra. and we dont even have the option to use their rank 6 spell amulets, but everyone else gets to use balance's. So i recomend switching the donate power amulet with the amulet of duplicity making hydra a balance only amulet, and making donate power available to everyone. One more thing i think instead of putting donate power in an amulet, put spectral blast in. It still gives the elemental attacks but isnt a rank 6 spell available to EVERYONE. Thank you for reading my rant.

I agree, it should be balance school only.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
milo10000 wrote:
paladin429 wrote:

dont be selfish

Explorer
Jun 28, 2008
You can use life rank 6 spell, Centaur. You get the necklace from Oakheart.

Hero
May 19, 2009
How about just getting rid of that usless spell altogther? I'm pretty sure that everyone including balance wizards would agree how weak hydra is.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
zackza10 wrote:
milo10000 wrote:
paladin429 wrote:

dont be selfish
(S)he is not being selfish. Its because all schools have their 6 pip spells thats for their school only except for life, myth and balance. Even though I use it, I do find it unfair to balance wizards.

Explorer
May 02, 2010
No offense but getting hydra is a joke that spell for anyone other than primary balance is worthless.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Let's see....

I have clothing that gives Triton and Wraith at level 35, I also think over the game time I have played I have gathered other level 35 gear that gives 6 pip spells...I think all schools are represented someplace in current/past gear for 6-pip spells at level 35 gear.

I really don't think too many use the hydra, it is too easy to throw up a tri-shiled that hits each of the 3 attacks...but that is just me...but I do love using the level 48 spell...hehehehe

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
zackza10 wrote:
milo10000 wrote:
paladin429 wrote:

dont be selfish
(S)he is not being selfish. Its because all schools have their 6 pip spells thats for their school only except for life, myth and balance. Even though I use it, I do find it unfair to balance wizards.

this is selfish i dont like it! just increase the lvl to lvl 45 and up only

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Do you think it is 'unfair' because of use in the arena, or just on principle.

If it is because of use in the arena, anyone non-Balance is really wasting pips on what is basically a utility spell, rather than a damage spell. Hydra is mostly used for removing shields. This is best done if you are teamed with an Elemental Wizard in the arena. If you are non-Balance then the card uses up all your pips. Not so useful.

I like hydra for this one usage and because I think the animation is cool, but that is it. lol... I use it sometimes, even though it is not a great spell, just because I think it looks cool.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
MikeStrath wrote:
Let's see....

I have clothing that gives Triton and Wraith at level 35, I also think over the game time I have played I have gathered other level 35 gear that gives 6 pip spells...I think all schools are represented someplace in current/past gear for 6-pip spells at level 35 gear.

What clothing gives Wraith at 35?

And if you say crown item you hold no merit to your opinion.