Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Joining Battles With Friends

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
I need some help with this issue. I am trying to help or get people to help me in joining battles but it always tells me they are busy. An example will be when you want to join your friends to help them out in reaching the top of Golem Tower. When you hit go to location on the friends menu, it will ask you if you want to go to them in the Golem Tower. You click yes and then it tells you that your friend is busy at the moment. Any help at all will be great for this. Thank you in advance.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
There are certain instances in the game which each player must complete on their own. Golem Tower is one of those, same with Lady Blackhope and Rattlebones on Unicorn Way. There are other that are at higher levels, too, that a wizard must do on their own, but I won't name them all.

Otherwise, it is possible, at times, that your friend may have their friend teleports turned off.

In most cases it is one or the other problems, but there are also some places that no one can port into if they were not on the sigil with their friend to enter the place when they did.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
There are going to be certain places, such as the golem tower, where others are not able to port to friends. These places are mandatory solo areas, which means that the wizards must be able to complete it on their own.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
amandarose3388 wrote:
I need some help with this issue. I am trying to help or get people to help me in joining battles but it always tells me they are busy. An example will be when you want to join your friends to help them out in reaching the top of Golem Tower. When you hit go to location on the friends menu, it will ask you if you want to go to them in the Golem Tower. You click yes and then it tells you that your friend is busy at the moment. Any help at all will be great for this. Thank you in advance.

Golem Tower must be done alone (or with henchmen). You can't join.

You will also get that message if they have set themselves teleport not okay on the advanced game options.

Throughout the game there are a few 'solo challenges' that you must do alone. Most of these are optional and not mainline, so you can always do them later. For instance, I don't like golem tower, so I usually do it about midway through Krok, as then I don't have to worry about having enough health and you have two healing potions, etc...

Delver
May 31, 2009
certain fights are solo like golem tower so no one can help you. Dungeons only allow so many players in so if four people went in and one fled you stil cannot go in because the dungeon is set for those four players. One other thing is to have your friends check their controls and make sure they are set to allow friends to port to them, some people set them to keep pesky players away.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Hi,

I could be wrong about this, but I think Golem Tower is one of the places that you have to do alone.

Meaning, you can't go into Golem Tower with anyone, or port to anyone who is already in there.

My Storm Grand Master always goes to Golem Tower to make Treasure Cards. Because it is easy to make them there, and there is no way anyone can port in.. Or join in the battle and ask "What are you doing?" or "Why aren't you killing the monsters?"

Many/Most places and/or battles, however, you can port into though and help your Friends. But there are some places you cannot, such as Golem Tower. Or many of the Towers in Dragon Spire for example.

Some places are meant to be done alone, and you can't join friends at all, in them.

And, for other "instance levels" you need to stand on the glowing circles and join your Friends when they first go into the area, as the number counts down to one.

Hope that helps some. Good Luck!

Delver
May 29, 2009
There are some instances that wizards have to do by themselves and friends cannot teleport to them.

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
Thank you to all that responded for me. That was awesome in answering my question. I totally understand what you all are saying now. Hopefully I can help you out when you all need it. Have a good wizard day!