Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm School Worst School to Have

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 19, 2009
It seems to me that all bosses are storm so wouldn't that be like the worst school to have for story line purposes. Another would be Balance or Fire because I see a lot of those types of bosses too. State what you think the best school to be would be and the worst and why. I think Storm worst Life best.

Scarlet Shadow Level 48 Storm Wizard

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
ThePieMaster wrote:
It seems to me that all bosses are storm so wouldn't that be like the worst school to have for story line purposes. Another would be Balance or Fire because I see a lot of those types of bosses too. State what you think the best school to be would be and the worst and why. I think Storm worst Life best.

There are not too many balance bosses

Survivor
May 24, 2009
why are you a master storm wizard if you think storm is the worst? :?

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
I have a Grandmaster Storm(Sabrina Stormrunner) and I have to disagree about storm being worst. I had a little rougher time with the same school bosses but my storm rocks! I know I always have people asking me to help with Malistaire. Storm packs quite a hefty punch. No one ever turns me down when I ask if I can join their battles lol.

But to each his own and I do respect your opinion.

Good luck.

Defender
May 24, 2009
Defender
May 29, 2009

Have you noticed that you have a spell in your spellbook called a prism? Look into it. Good luck.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
linny913 wrote:
I have a Grandmaster Storm(Sabrina Stormrunner) and I have to disagree about storm being worst. I had a little rougher time with the same school bosses but my storm rocks! I know I always have people asking me to help with Malistaire. Storm packs quite a hefty punch. No one ever turns me down when I ask if I can join their battles lol.

But to each his own and I do respect your opinion.

Good luck.

What you said is true but that isn't my poin. My point is that it gets annoying having a BUNCH of storm bosses. I mean it seems 1/2 the boss battles I have are storm bosses.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
What you said is true but that isn't my poin. My point is that it gets annoying having a BUNCH of storm bosses. I mean it seems 1/2 the boss battles I have are storm bosses.

Actually there is ALOT more myth bosses and fire bosses than storm. What you do not see a lot are storms except in GH. In DS and MS and Krok and in WC are not alot of storms. Myth and Fire bosses are mostly common. I forgot the tomb of storm so cross Krok off list.

Lenora SkyWhisper
Master Conjurer
Myth student :D :D :D

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Heck, your lucky to be storm. Storm is like the overlord! I have not noticed a lot of storm bosses in DS. If your going to be sorry for someone, be sorry for ice. Almost EVERY monster in krok is ice. Most of all the spiders in DS, ice. AND you need to fight those ice guys to pass your quest. I mean, ridiculous!

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
Heck, your lucky to be storm. Storm is like the overlord! I have not noticed a lot of storm bosses in DS. If your going to be sorry for someone, be sorry for ice. Almost EVERY monster in krok is ice. Most of all the spiders in DS, ice. AND you need to fight those ice guys to pass your quest. I mean, ridiculous!

Not true. Only one place in Krok is mostly Ice, that's the Krokosphinx. have you not noticed that the three main part of Krok focus on the three Elemental Schools? The Pyramid is Fire, the Krokosphinx is Ice, the Tomb of Storms is, of course Storm.

If you know how to stack your deck, even if you are fighting the same school, it's really not so bad. I've played every wizard type all the way to Grand(some 2-3 times, made new wizards) and can honestly say that the game is pretty fair and even as far as types of monsters you have to battle that are same school. Also, remember, if you are Ice, at least you DO have a prism...Balance doesn't, so that is even more challenging to fight same school(especially since the spells they give you to use against balance often get blocked by Balance monsters' shields and you obviously don't want to use straight Balance spells on them either,) and there are quite a few Balance monsters and bosses...more than you realize.

Also, as for the spiders in DS; Most of the quests you are given to kill spiders in the Crystal Grove can actually be taken care of with killing the Storm Spiders. I actually prefer to fight the Storm spiders, even with a Storm wizard, because the Storm Spiders don't use Tower Shields.

By the way, I, for one get really tired of seeing these threads where someone feels the need to beat on a school. It's really lame. Every school has a strength, and every school has a weakness. It shows how good of a player you really are if you can handle both sides of any/every school. So, the OP here, really you need to learn to use your school better and enjoy it, stop complaining. THERE IS NO BEST OR WORST SCHOOL.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
In a way we are all right, I just think KI needs to balance out the boss schools a bit more.

Defender
Apr 10, 2009
ThePieMaster wrote:
In a way we are all right, I just think KI needs to balance out the boss schools a bit more.
this is true

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
About a year ago, my very first wizard was a Storm wizard.

I loved storm. It is incredibly powerful, and can make some VERY quick work out of monsters.

I agree, with Storm monsters, especially bosses, you'll have to be a bit more "strategic." Use prisms if you have them available, if not, simply whiddle away at them and keep yourself healed. Eventually, you'll have won the fight.

I managed to defeat the Storm bosses in Krokotopia with my Storm wizard. Also, you'll have the spells of your secondary school as well.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
oceandaydreamer wrote:
IamLezul wrote:

Not true. Only one place in Krok is mostly Ice, that's the Krokosphinx. have you not noticed that the three main part of Krok focus on the three Elemental Schools? The Pyramid is Fire, the Krokosphinx is Ice, the Tomb of Storms is, of course Storm.

If you know how to stack your deck, even if you are fighting the same school, it's really not so bad. I've played every wizard type all the way to Grand(some 2-3 times, made new wizards) and can honestly say that the game is pretty fair and even as far as types of monsters you have to battle that are same school. Also, remember, if you are Ice, at least you DO have a prism...Balance doesn't, so that is even more challenging to fight same school(especially since the spells they give you to use against balance often get blocked by Balance monsters' shields and you obviously don't want to use straight Balance spells on them either,) and there are quite a few Balance monsters and bosses...more than you realize.

Also, as for the spiders in DS; Most of the quests you are given to kill spiders in the Crystal Grove can actually be taken care of with killing the Storm Spiders. I actually prefer to fight the Storm spiders, even with a Storm wizard, because the Storm Spiders don't use Tower Shields.

By the way, I, for one get really tired of seeing these threads where someone feels the need to beat on a school. It's really lame. Every school has a strength, and every school has a weakness. It shows how good of a player you really are if you can handle both sides of any/every school. So, the OP here, really you need to learn to use your school better and enjoy it, stop complaining. THERE IS NO BEST OR WORST SCHOOL.

Well I know THAT every school is the best in different ways. You just aren't getting my point KI needs to balance out the bosses from each school so nobody is complainig about this. I really don't like complaining about this subject I am just telling KI something that needs to be fixed.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
Storm is one of the best thats why i picked it as a second school for me and storm lord is pretty storng and there is not much storm bosses theres a lot of fire.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
pandalover3 wrote:
Storm is one of the best thats why i picked it as a second school for me and storm lord is pretty storng and there is not much storm bosses theres a lot of fire.

exactly that is why they need to balance it out... so there are 7 (soon to be 10) schools right, if there were 70 bosses in Wizard City than there should be 10 of each school. THAT is my point actually doing the math and finding out how many there should be.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
ThePieMaster wrote:
pandalover3 wrote:

exactly that is why they need to balance it out... so there are 7 (soon to be 10) schools right, if there were 70 bosses in Wizard City than there should be 10 of each school. THAT is my point actually doing the math and finding out how many there should be.

I agree. But really does it matter.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
idk im fire with training points in storm and i can solo pretty easy. Every1 is different and their play styles will be different as well. imho i havent seen that many fire bosses.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
OK just to make it clear so we can end this subject. All schools are equal but bosses need to be evened out when it comes to there school type.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2008
there arent too many storm bosses. there arent too many balance bosses. there are some fire bosses. the most bosses i find is death.

Defender
May 09, 2009
it seems balanced out a lot with the bosses though its hard to remember a whole lot of life bosses, but otherwise the bosses are usally evenly spaced out. :D

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Is anybody agree that KI needs to even out the amount of boss schools or am I on my own here?

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
ThePieMaster wrote:

!n my opinion there is no worst or best school it just depends on your needs,
Balance-group play,and a little bit of everything.

Ice-a purly defencive school.
Storm- defently a ofencive school, low acurecy
Fire-They can do damge over time
Life- They can heal others,basicly ice,high acurecy
Myth- They focuse on summoning and protecting minnons.
Death- They can steal health,good class for soloing

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
pandalover3 wrote:

THERE IS NO BEST OR WORST! every school is made for diffrent needs!

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
maner254 wrote:
pandalover3 wrote:

THERE IS NO BEST OR WORST! every school is made for diffrent needs!

Yes like storm is good for fighting, ice shielding people and fighting, life healing and so on so forth.