Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm School Worst School to Have

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 19, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
Funny how people will go on and on about something written a long time ago...

No offense but you do it too, like on the options options options thread (thought that means I do it also...)

Explorer
Jul 12, 2009
Thank you PieMaster I totally agree that storm is the best! Even if a lot of things are storm. Prisms are great for that and my clothes give me a great resist. Finally somebody who understandes!

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
armorlad wrote:
Thank you PieMaster I totally agree that storm is the best! Even if a lot of things are storm. Prisms are great for that and my clothes give me a great resist. Finally somebody who understandes!

If only if only we could not have as many bosses... :(

Storm RULES!!!

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
As a death wizard of course I think death is the best. If i were another school I would think that school was the best... These are all opinions! Storm is not the worst. I agree KI needs to even out bosses.

- Heather Crowleaf ( Adept Necromancer )

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
silverdust46 wrote:
As a death wizard of course I think death is the best. If i were another school I would think that school was the best... These are all opinions! Storm is not the worst. I agree KI needs to even out bosses.

- Heather Crowleaf ( Adept Necromancer )

Thanks, dude appreciate it...

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
I think myth is best and i don't have a least favorite. But just because bosses are the same type as the type you are doesn't mean it is harder. You can use your secondary school spells or you can use prisms.

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
no school is the worst or best. they are all best at different synarios(did i spell that right?)look at the string called:worst school and look at what I replyed.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
oceandaydreamer wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
Heck, your lucky to be storm. Storm is like the overlord! I have not noticed a lot of storm bosses in DS. If your going to be sorry for someone, be sorry for ice. Almost EVERY monster in krok is ice. Most of all the spiders in DS, ice. AND you need to fight those ice guys to pass your quest. I mean, ridiculous!

Not true. Only one place in Krok is mostly Ice, that's the Krokosphinx. have you not noticed that the three main part of Krok focus on the three Elemental Schools? The Pyramid is Fire, the Krokosphinx is Ice, the Tomb of Storms is, of course Storm.

If you know how to stack your deck, even if you are fighting the same school, it's really not so bad. I've played every wizard type all the way to Grand(some 2-3 times, made new wizards) and can honestly say that the game is pretty fair and even as far as types of monsters you have to battle that are same school. Also, remember, if you are Ice, at least you DO have a prism...Balance doesn't, so that is even more challenging to fight same school(especially since the spells they give you to use against balance often get blocked by Balance monsters' shields and you obviously don't want to use straight Balance spells on them either,) and there are quite a few Balance monsters and bosses...more than you realize.

Also, as for the spiders in DS; Most of the quests you are given to kill spiders in the Crystal Grove can actually be taken care of with killing the Storm Spiders. I actually prefer to fight the Storm spiders, even with a Storm wizard, because the Storm Spiders don't use Tower Shields.

By the way, I, for one get really tired of seeing these threads where someone feels the need to beat on a school. It's really lame. Every school has a strength, and every school has a weakness. It shows how good of a player you really are if you can handle both sides of any/every school. So, the OP here, really you need to learn to use your school better and enjoy it, stop complaining. THERE IS NO BEST OR WORST SCHOOL.

i totally agree!

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
KILEYGHOSTBLOOD wrote:
Artimis10 wrote:
why are you a master storm wizard if you think storm is the worst? :?
he's got apoint. i think storm has AWSOME cards.! the thing i don't like about it is almost EVERY SPELL it fizzles!

LVL21/DEATH

If you get farther into the game and are a grand storm with full gear then you will find out that storm works 90% of the time. Except for bolt of course.

David Boomhaven lvl 50 storm

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
dcredindy wrote:
KILEYGHOSTBLOOD wrote:
Artimis10 wrote:
why are you a master storm wizard if you think storm is the worst? :?
he's got apoint. i think storm has AWSOME cards.! the thing i don't like about it is almost EVERY SPELL it fizzles!

LVL21/DEATH

If you get farther into the game and are a grand storm with full gear then you will find out that storm works 90% of the time. Except for bolt of course.

David Boomhaven lvl 50 storm

Just so you know I have completed the game and am also a grandmaster so yeah...

Survivor
May 30, 2009
There is no best school all has disadvantages and advantages easy to pick out

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
oceandaydreamer wrote:
IamLezul wrote:
Heck, your lucky to be storm. Storm is like the overlord! I have not noticed a lot of storm bosses in DS. If your going to be sorry for someone, be sorry for ice. Almost EVERY monster in krok is ice. Most of all the spiders in DS, ice. AND you need to fight those ice guys to pass your quest. I mean, ridiculous!

Not true. Only one place in Krok is mostly Ice, that's the Krokosphinx. have you not noticed that the three main part of Krok focus on the three Elemental Schools? The Pyramid is Fire, the Krokosphinx is Ice, the Tomb of Storms is, of course Storm.

If you know how to stack your deck, even if you are fighting the same school, it's really not so bad. I've played every wizard type all the way to Grand(some 2-3 times, made new wizards) and can honestly say that the game is pretty fair and even as far as types of monsters you have to battle that are same school. Also, remember, if you are Ice, at least you DO have a prism...Balance doesn't, so that is even more challenging to fight same school(especially since the spells they give you to use against balance often get blocked by Balance monsters' shields and you obviously don't want to use straight Balance spells on them either,) and there are quite a few Balance monsters and bosses...more than you realize.

Also, as for the spiders in DS; Most of the quests you are given to kill spiders in the Crystal Grove can actually be taken care of with killing the Storm Spiders. I actually prefer to fight the Storm spiders, even with a Storm wizard, because the Storm Spiders don't use Tower Shields.

By the way, I, for one get really tired of seeing these threads where someone feels the need to beat on a school. It's really lame. Every school has a strength, and every school has a weakness. It shows how good of a player you really are if you can handle both sides of any/every school. So, the OP here, really you need to learn to use your school better and enjoy it, stop complaining. THERE IS NO BEST OR WORST SCHOOL.

It's lame to say that, we all have opinions.

Defense Wise
1. Ice
2. Life
3. Balance (Has Shields)
4.Fire
5.Storm (Has about two shields, same for Fire)

Strength Wise
1.Storm
2.Fire
3.Death
4.Myth
5.Balance
(No Ice in there, it's a pretty weak school)

Health Wise (Top 2)
1. Life
2. Death (Death includes healing spells with attacks)

Elizabeth MistLeaf
Level 37
Thaumaturge Wizard

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
fancymay wrote:
oceandaydreamer wrote:
IamLezul wrote:

It's lame to say that, we all have opinions.

Defense Wise
1. Ice
2. Life
3. Balance (Has Shields)
4.Fire
5.Storm (Has about two shields, same for Fire)

Strength Wise
1.Storm
2.Fire
3.Death
4.Myth
5.Balance
(No Ice in there, it's a pretty weak school)

Health Wise (Top 2)
1. Life
2. Death (Death includes healing spells with attacks)

Elizabeth MistLeaf
Level 37
Thaumaturge Wizard

Actually we can have opinions not everything is a fact in life...

Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
Im a storm student and i hate that they made all the strong bosses storm! some times I need to get my lower lvl frend to help me with a fight. wizard101 can you please make the a differint ele :x

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
Throughout my year and roughly four months, i've come to a concluson: every world has it's own school. For instance, Krokotopia is of Balance. Marleybone is of life and something I can't remember (haven't been there for awhile). Mooshu is of Life and Storm. Dragonspyre is of Death and Fire. Celestia will possibly (Through my point of view) be of the new astral schools as well as ice and storm.
When you're fighting something that's of your school, think twice before you enter a battle. Don't move a muscle until you can figure out what school your enemy is. If the enemy is your school, then take out all of your school traps and replace them with prisms. THEN join the battle.
There is no strongest school. All schools have their strengths and all schools have their weakness. Want to know them? Here:
(*Each school balances out against their own*)
Fire-Ice
Storm-Myth
Balance-Myth
Death-Life
Simple enough?
To sum it up, just look before you leap.
Well, I hope that helps!
-Amber Rosepetal :-D :-D

Survivor
Jun 14, 2010
i disagree because i am a lvl 25 strom wizard and i have storm prism which allows me to use storm magic on a storm creature and it changes to myth so yeah.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2009
Crazyweirdo1138 wrote:
oceandaydreamer wrote:
IamLezul wrote:

If you know how to stack your deck, even if you are fighting the same school, it's really not so bad. I've played every wizard type all the way to Grand(some 2-3 times, made new wizards) and can honestly say that the
game is pretty fair and even as far as types of monsters you have to battle that are same school. Also, remember, if you are Ice, at least you DO have a prism...Balance doesn't, so that is even more challenging to fight same school(especially since the spells they give you to use against balance often get blocked by Balance monsters' shields and you obviously don't want to use straight Balance spells on them either,) and there are quite a few Balance monsters and bosses...more than you realize.

i totally agree!

Me to!

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
ThePieMaster wrote:
It seems to me that all bosses are storm so wouldn't that be like the worst school to have for story line purposes. Another would be Balance or Fire because I see a lot of those types of bosses too. State what you think the best school to be would be and the worst and why. I think Storm worst Life best.

Scarlet Shadow Level 48 Storm Wizard

Well, I have 6 grandmasters (everything but myth), and I have to say Storm is probably the easiest to go after your own school with. As long as you pack your prisms (I highly recommend investing in treasure card prisms in case you're having trouble in a battle getting a normal prism to come up), you're all set. Not only does it take care of their resistance, but you get a huge attack boost to an already highly powerful spell. I'd imagine that myth is the worst school to have when you face a boss of your own school. The best attacks the myth school has uses a double hit, where the first hit is small, and the second hit is big. That's great if you need to get by a myth shield, but not so good if you need to use prisms since you'd need to place two of them for every big attack you want to make.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
ThePieMaster wrote:
pandalover3 wrote:
Storm is one of the best thats why i picked it as a second school for me and storm lord is pretty storng and there is not much storm bosses theres a lot of fire.

exactly that is why they need to balance it out... so there are 7 (soon to be 10) schools right, if there were 70 bosses in Wizard City than there should be 10 of each school. THAT is my point actually doing the math and finding out how many there should be.

The bosses are fairly well split up amongst the schools. The problem you seem to be having is that you're focusing on particular areas. Yes, some areas are predominantly one school or the other, but that's how it's meant to be. When you take in all of the spiral, however, you'll realize that the bosses are pretty evenly split up.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
People seriously need to stop worrying about Storm's accuracy. You do realize that their hats, robes, and boots come with accuracy boosts right? You don't stay at 70% accuracy if you properly equip your wizard. Here's a little fact for you. If you buy the right equipment at the bazaar, by the time you hit level 45, Storm, Fire, Ice, Myth, Balance, and Death all have the same accuracy: 85%. So, you're only at 70% accuracy with Storm early on in the game. That also happens to be the same time that your power pip levels are low, so using your secondary school's attacks aren't just a waste of power pips. So, to repeat what others have already said, there is no best or worst school. There's only schools that are better or worse fits for your playing style. In fact, it's great practice to create different wizards and improve your skills at playing different schools and using different tactics. Oh, and in the name of all that's holy, buy the best equipment you can find for your wizard at the bazaar. It will save your life and make the game a lot less frustrating. Personally, I prefer to maximize health boost, power pip/accuracy boost, and attack boost. Defensive boosts are nice, but if I have to sacrifice one, that's the one that I prefer to do without, as I make sure to pack the right shields before a battle. Forget about picking the robe or hat that looks the best. If that's all you care about, spend the 100 crowns to stitch the right equipment to something that you like the looks of better. For me, equipment is about its effectiveness plain and simple.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I think storm is about the hardest character to level up through krokotopia due to its low health and low accuracy, and then somewhere around MB storm gets tempest and things start to turn around for it. A lot of people will quit storm early on due to its initial difficulties.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
ThePieMaster wrote:
maner254 wrote:
pandalover3 wrote:
Storm is one of the best thats why i picked it as a second school for me and storm lord is pretty storng and there is not much storm bosses theres a lot of fire.

THERE IS NO BEST OR WORST! every school is made for diffrent needs!

Yes like storm is good for fighting, ice shielding people and fighting, life healing and so on so forth.
i was born in a mini storm so i chose storm school :-o

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
actually i don't think any is the worst or any the best all schools are good and unless you have ur convertz and your opposite's element wand/sword you'll be fine

ex: Myth vs. Myth Boss= have myth converts and storm wand/sword

Survivor
Dec 25, 2009
ThePieMaster wrote:
It seems to me that all bosses are storm so wouldn't that be like the worst school to have for story line purposes. Another would be Balance or Fire because I see a lot of those types of bosses too. State what you think the best school to be would be and the worst and why. I think Storm worst Life best.

Scarlet Shadow Level 48 Storm Wizard

I have noticed that STORM bosses are very hard to find. There are like a handful of them in the entire game that I've beaten, and I'm a lvl46! Maybe that's how you feel but I'm true to my school!

-Alura Silverbloom lvl46 Diviner!

Explorer
Jun 11, 2010

I think myth has a lot of bosses and I never see balance bosses. I am full fire, half storm, and a quarter myth. I think fire and storm are the too best schools and balance is like second cause storm and fire tied for first. Then maybe life cause they can heal. But storm as worst school, LOL, you have to be joking, and your a storm wizard.

- Joshua Dragonbreeze lvl 37 pyromancer