Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does anyone else hate it?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
I dont really like grizzleheim, mainly because of all the enemies, all the battling. its so hard to finish, and there are so many locations. Anyone else hate it?

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
I dont really like grizzleheim, mainly because of all the enemies, all the battling. its so hard to finish, and there are so many locations.

Yeah. There's another problem. Not enough mana!

I know why.

Grizzleheim is an optional school. That's why they do all this.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2010
Nah, I love it, it's my favorite world. The scenery is beautiful and I love the storyline. As for the battles and enemies, I went back when I was a little higher level (had grown weary of DragonSpyre), and they are not so bad. :-)

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Omigosh its my second favorite world! I love GH! I love the mixture of ice, earth, etc, in ravenscar. And I love all the weird creatures there! Sometimes me and some GM friends go there just to mess around or farm on some of the bosses in ravenscar. There are dungeons I actually like in Nivadellir! GH to me is so--mysterious.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2008
This is my favorite world because it is sooo cool. a combo of easy and challenging. I am on the task where i have to defeat this boss, he is in a tower in the Burning fields(something like that) in Vigrid Roughland. If anyone wants to help, gimme your wizards name, your level, and your usual server. Grizzleheim was second to Marleybone, but i had a change of heart and decided to place GH up in first

Delver
May 31, 2009
no experience , no good stuff gets dropped , no badges , lots of running back and forth , and the only good thing being some challenging bosses. Grizzlehiem needs some reworking, it lacks those thing that the other worlds have 4 to 1.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Drops in Grizzleheim are usually more rare than same-level drops in the other worlds, and so are worth a little more at the Bazaar. Grizzleheim has the same number of enemies as other worlds. It's supposed to be done in sections as your wizard levels up, not in one big run as a Grandmaster.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
mpetersen68 wrote:
no experience , no good stuff gets dropped , no badges , lots of running back and forth , and the only good thing being some challenging bosses. Grizzlehiem needs some reworking, it lacks those thing that the other worlds have 4 to 1.

This is an optional world. Meaning its going to be different. Ok here are some answers to the things YOU hate about GH:

No experience!

A: This world was made particularly for GM who DONT get xp. So, xp isnt supposed to be the focus. Yet, there IS xp (a tiny bit) for the sake of having xp. Grizzleheim wasnt and isnt made for lower lvls, but GM and GM alone.

No good stuff dropped!

A: especially OUT of ravenscar, there is lower lvl items which arent worth much. Nivadellir (or whatever it is) has VERy good drops. So does the four bosses in Ravenscar (forget the names).

No badges!

A: True, but this ALSO wasnt a focus or main part of this world.

Running B and F!

A: Every world has tons of running back and forth. But think of marking or using teleporting stones. This world is particularly big, too.

Hope this explains it better.

Delver
May 31, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
Hope this explains it better.

I understand why grizzlehiem sucks and the fact that I don`t even need to go there to reach grandmaster. All I`m saying is if I have to spend an afternoon playing to finish a section of grizzlehiem I should get a level or something decent for my character.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
This is an optional world. Meaning its going to be different. Ok here are some answers to the things YOU hate about GH:

No experience!

A: This world was made particularly for GM who DONT get xp. So, xp isnt supposed to be the focus. Yet, there IS xp (a tiny bit) for the sake of having xp. Grizzleheim wasnt and isnt made for lower lvls, but GM and GM alone.

Are you nuts? Have you even played the game? You can access Grizzleheim at level 20. This is a far cry from being Grandmaster.

ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
While you are on Baldur Goldpaw's assignment, you can use the boat behind him to travel to Grizzleheim.

Once you have completed Baldur Goldpaw's assignment, and you are over level 20, speak to Merle Ambrose.

If you are under level 20, you will need to wait until you have reached that level before you can enter Grizzleheim again.

When you are Level 25 you will be able to begin the quest Lending a Paw.

When you are Level 30 you will be able to begin the quest Full Grizzle Jacket.

When you are Level 40 you will be able to begin the quest The King and I.

IamLezul wrote:
No good stuff dropped!

A: especially OUT of ravenscar, there is lower lvl items which arent worth much. Nivadellir (or whatever it is) has VERy good drops. So does the four bosses in Ravenscar (forget the names).

Other than Ravenscar, most of the drops -- whether they are good or not -- tend to be sub level items ... meaning they are 5 to 10 levels below the highest you could wear. If you're going to have minimum level requirements to access areas in Grizzleheim, at least make the drops equal to that level or higher.

IamLezul wrote:
No badges!

I'm impressed. I didn't realize you were a mind-reader.

So, according to you, the focus on Grizzleheim is not in gaining XP, acquiring good drops (except for Jotun and his brothers, and the coven), or accumulating more Badges. And the world is only for Grandmasters.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:

No experience!

Are you nuts? Have you even played the game? You can access Grizzleheim at level 20. This is a far cry from being Grandmaster.

ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
While you are on Baldur Goldpaw's assignment, you can use the boat behind him to travel to Grizzleheim.

Once you have completed Baldur Goldpaw's assignment, and you are over level 20, speak to Merle Ambrose.

If you are under level 20, you will need to wait until you have reached that level before you can enter Grizzleheim again.

IamLezul wrote:
No good stuff dropped!

Other than Ravenscar, most of the drops -- whether they are good or not -- tend to be sub level items ... meaning they are 5 to 10 levels below the highest you could wear. If you're going to have minimum level requirements to access areas in Grizzleheim, at least make the drops equal to that level or higher.

IamLezul wrote:
No badges!

So, according to you, the focus on Grizzleheim is not in gaining XP, acquiring good drops (except for Jotun and his brothers, and the coven), or accumulating more Badges. And the world is only for Grandmasters.

The world isnt only for Grandmasters, but it was made for them. They arent leaving anyone else out, so its fair, and they can still go, BUT it wasnt made for them.

Yah, I'm a mind-reader, thank you for noticing.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
I like the scenary in Grizzleheim, but it is WAY TOO HARD! I'm trying to beat Frostholm, if possible. Once I got really close, but I failed. maybe next time. if anyone wants to help me, you'll probably find me in Marleybone about now.

Wolf Shadowhunter, level 31 ice and death (and getting there), from somewhere in Marleybone.

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
I don't hate it. But with all the fighting and bosses, you should really get more experience points. Like when you first get there, you only get 240 xp points for almost every boss! >:\ But I think it's really fun to explore and go into new places! :D

Explorer
Nov 01, 2009
I don't believe that GH was made with the grandmasters in mind in the sense that xp don't matter because grandmasters can't level up anyway. It was originally supposed to be the next world after Dragonspyre and was suppose to raise the level cap beyond 50, however that turned out not to be the case and for whatever reason, KI decided to turn GH into a world that ran in conjunction with the other worlds...sort of like one big side-quest. If this was supposed to be a world beyond Dragonspyre as far as xp goes it really does fall far short of the xp you get in Dragonspyre.

The first set of set of quests you get there are comparable in xp to Krokotopia, which is where most players are at level 20 when they first receive the call to go to GH. However after that it does not compare to Marleybone, Mooshu or Dragonspyre. I think KI could have thought it through a little better and made the xp for Vigrid Roughland, Mirkholm Keep, Ravenscar and Nidavellir comparable to MB, MS, and DS.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
The world isnt only for Grandmasters, but it was made for them. They arent leaving anyone else out, so its fair, and they can still go, BUT it wasnt made for them.

ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
coolwizardrocks wrote:
when kingsisle made grizzlyhiem, they actually meant it 2 be for level 50 wizards! anybody could play it, but it's meant for level 50 wizards who r bored because they don't have anymore quests.

This is untrue young Wizard, please check your facts before you post. Grizzleheim may be experienced at different levels of game play and does not progress the same way as other worlds on the Spiral. Instead, Grizzleheim is a parallel world and a place where players return at various levels of experience.

So much for your mind-reader skills.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:

ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
coolwizardrocks wrote:
when kingsisle made grizzlyhiem, they actually meant it 2 be for level 50 wizards! anybody could play it, but it's meant for level 50 wizards who r bored because they don't have anymore quests.

This is untrue young Wizard, please check your facts before you post. Grizzleheim may be experienced at different levels of game play and does not progress the same way as other worlds on the Spiral. Instead, Grizzleheim is a parallel world and a place where players return at various levels of experience.

So much for your mind-reader skills.

to you too!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
taddpole wrote:
I dont really like grizzleheim, mainly because of all the enemies, all the battling. its so hard to finish, and there are so many locations. Anyone else hate it?

The only thing I don't like about it is that there seem to be a lot of dungeons.

I just started Mooshu, and I'm switching back and forth between Grizzelheim and Mooshu just for something different. It isn't all that bad. It's a nice change of pace and scenery too.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
mpetersen68 wrote:
All of the worlds have running back and forth. And Gh has teleport stones USE THEM! that's what they're there for. You do get yardbird badge, there are good drops, like in ravenscar you are garenteed a certain wand from 7 almost all the time. And it's a SIDE WORLD (not school) it's optional go back when your a higher lvl then, you will need to anyways unless you have strong friends (for jotun dont go straight for him kill the bros first trust me, besides each of the 3 brother's dungeons contains a bird or book)

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
No I dont hate it, in the matter of fact Its My Favorite world now, i love the field, the places, nature and all the enemies are unique! :D

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
I like the area's colors, yet hate certain parts about it. I'm a level 48 Balance and I've soloed everything but Jouton (I think his name was), which I duoed the fight with my wife (we had one other brother up). I get to Ravenscar and I'm killing everything with ease UNTILL I have to get some relic from the Ice Golems! No matter how my pips and spells come out, the 4 vs 1 just seems to overpower me! I kill the 3 guards but then I'm so low on health that no matter how many heals I put up, it just doesn't do enough. Maybe if I find me a Life Wizard and ask for some spells like Sayter or Dryad to replace my Helping Hands...Other than that, I'm stuck on a place that doesn't give me anything other than a break from the darkness of DS (Going up the towers is challangeing but not really fun). So my beef with it is

1) no real reason to go other than another training point :?
2)a couple of over-powered fights :?
3)lack of drops that are better than what I have :?

So the story doesn't fit, no big deal! Some of the "story line" quests have nothing to do with the real boss, Malistaire. Cats scratching people in MB , 90% of MS is helping the people JUST to talk to the King for the key, Krok seemed like you help Manders be free and helping dogs dig...Oh yeah, and if people say "Just get your wife to help with x amount of fights!", I play a Life Wizard with her and my Balance is my solo project ;). I know the point of an MMO is to get people to play with, but from the time I've been playing, a good 75% of random people don't know how to "play" the game ...they break all your traps, waste charms, ect. It doesn't help that the chat is broken (I understand the need for "safty" for kids, but if you're not paying attention to your kid and just let them play an MMO, you need your kid taken away from you!) I don't feel like I should have to use Vent or some other kind of 3rd party voice chat if I want to play with random people.

All and all, I'm only doing this ONCE and only once just to kill time for when me and the Mrs. play together(The only thing I have left is money grind for houses and gear for alts, I've gotten the crafting BS done already) I don't want to beat the game without her since we joined together. If the new world connects to it, that's great! But seeing how it's an Optional World with nothing really good in it, it's just not worth it. If you wanted something for the Grand Masters to do, give them an exclusive world that ONLY level 50's could get to. Something that people lower than level 50 couldn't teleport to! (And I've read that that isn't the case) So if people can play the main quests and get to GM status, there isn't a need to make a side world for people to level up. If you need a break from a certain area, then maybe do something else instead of playing a game?

P.S. "Hate" is such a strong word...

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
Defender
Jun 30, 2009
i thought the same thing about grizzleheim. after reading this, i dont mind this world. and plus, even though the quests are low in experience, have you seen the yardbird quest? it gives 2840 experience! you cant beat that!

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
the only reason i do not like grizzleheim is because the quests are hard and you get a really small reward

so far, i like krokotopia and marleybone

the others..... ahhhh i have never been to mooshu or dragonspyre so i am not sure about those

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
Preacher7719 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:

No experience!

ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

IamLezul wrote:
No good stuff dropped!

IamLezul wrote:
No badges!

Yah, I'm a mind-reader, thank you for noticing.

it is not for only gramdmasters anymore but yea, it sucks a little