Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 worker impersonations

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 19, 2009
I have been playing a while on wizard101 and i have met many people who have said that they work for kingsisle. They said to get them what ever they want or they will remove my account. I had to give some one who said that a crown item using all my crowns that i had just bought. Don't they have to have a badge or something? plz admins i really hate this, plz respond!!!!

Administrator
Good question, young Wizard.

We have repeatedly told our players that if they cannot show you the KingsIsle Support badge, they do not represent KingsIsle and should be reported immediately.

Impersonation of a KingsIsle Employee is a bannable offense. Violators will be banned from Wizard101 permanently.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
May 11, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Good question, young Wizard.

We have repeatedly told our players that if they cannot show you the KingsIsle Support badge, they do not represent KingsIsle and should be reported immediately.

Impersonation of a KingsIsle Employee is a bannable offense. Violators will be banned from Wizard101 permanently.

cna you show a picture of what the badge looks like, or explain how people shoe their badges because i ahve had this problem too, but i never gave anything to them, and also some peole say "my mom/dad is prez. of w101, or works for w101 ect"

Administrator
If you do not have 'Show Badges' enabled through your Options page, you can't see anyone's badges, including ours, unless you move your mouse cursor over the other player.

To see another player's badge, simply move your mouse cursor over the other player and their name and badge will appear above them, like this:

community@wizard101.com
Defender
May 29, 2009

Thanks for the pic Professor Greyrose. Hopefully people start looking closely at badges for anyone stating that their affiliated with KI.

Also, I think it's safe to say that KI would NEVER ask players to do anything questionable (like gift them something with crowns or ask for your password, etc.). If it doesn't feel right, don't do it. KingsIsle/Wizard101 may need to contact players from time to time, but I highly doubt they would do it IN THE GAME.