Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Test Realm Party!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
What did everyone think of the party at Stormdrain tower? I thought it was awesome!

Survivor
Aug 07, 2008
snowserpent88 wrote:
What did everyone think of the party at Stormdrain tower? I thought it was awesome!
Mine did not go well not much people came they where all at the commons. i liked that i got 1000 gold though that was cool.

Delver
May 29, 2009
I went but there were hardly any players online. I did not see a specific time set or anything to suggest that there was a "party". There were no decorations or streamers. I did what was suggested and marked location and changed to all realms and the many areas of the Ambrose test realm. Still didn't see a lot of people. I did, however, have a nice conversation with two other players, Destiny/Angel and Wolf, by Lord Nightshade's Tower.

We did agree that it would be nice if the friends you made on the test realm carried over to the live realm.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
sadly... i missed it :( but oh well, the test realm is still open so i can check out new stuff i guess

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
I didn't go as I never want to go to the test realm since I don't want to risk losing any items I have acquired. I have worked too hard on two accounts to risk either one like that. I am guessing that is a reason that many with accounts that they have worked very hard on would not want to go, especially just to "test the limits" for KI and not really "test" anything that might be coming out.

Administrator
There's no reason to fear the Test Realm, young Wizard.
You can log in to the Test Realm and delete everything including your Wizards and NOTHING will ever happen to your Live Realm characters.

We copy all your characters from one place to another, and only in one direction. Nothing you do in the Test Realm will ever affect your Live Realm characters.

oceandaydreamer wrote:
I didn't go as I never want to go to the test realm since I don't want to risk losing any items I have acquired. I have worked too hard on two accounts to risk either one like that. I am guessing that is a reason that many with accounts that they have worked very hard on would not want to go, especially just to "test the limits" for KI and not really "test" anything that might be coming out.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Aug 12, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
There's no reason to fear the Test Realm, young Wizard.
You can log in to the Test Realm and delete everything including your Wizards and NOTHING will ever happen to your Live Realm characters.

We copy all your characters from one place to another, and only in one direction. Nothing you do in the Test Realm will ever affect your Live Realm characters.

oceandaydreamer wrote:

Professor,

I am sorry but I read the entire page about the test realm and the way it is stated it sounds as though I can lose items there. Also I have had friends lose pets and other items after coming out of the test realm. My friends go to the regular live realms and look in their banks and items they know they had already acquired are then missing.

On the test realm page that tells you about it it says this:

How Does it Work?

This is a Test Realm available to Subscribers and Crowns Players who have made a purchase in the last 30 days. Free to Play Players will not be able to log in to the Test Realm.

Instructions and Conditions
1. You will use the same Login and Password that you use in the Live Realm.
2. Your characters are copied over from the Live Realm, however the level and status of your characters on Live may not match the level and status of your characters on Test.
3. What you do in the Test Realm does NOT affect your characters in the Live Realm.
4. Any items you receive or levels you achieve in this Test Realm will not carry over to your Live characters.
5. Be aware you may experience a loss of items on the test realm.
6. The Crowns you have in this test realm are fake, you have not been charged for them, and they will not carry over to the Live Realm.
7. Once again, what you do in the Test Realm does NOT affect your characters in the Live Realm.

--------------
The part which I underlined is what worries me, plus all the stories I hear from friends and others who have went to the test realms.

It's too bad too, as I would love to test things out that you guys are working on. But, I have a lot of nice items I have acquired, I just don't want to lose them. :-/

Administrator
And thanks to everyone who showed up.

There's really nothing new for players to see on the Test Realm this time, sometimes updates are more about the behind the scenes technology. This time we needed to load up our Test Realm with lots of people in one place who were moving around, recalling, porting to friend, using transformations and just generally having fun!

So thanks to everyone who dropped by for the short period of time we were there. The Test Realm will remain up for a few more days and we may call on you to come party again, but until then, see you in the Spiral!

community@wizard101.com
Administrator
You're correct oceandaydreamer, but those items would only be unavailable on the Test Realm.

If you are playing on the Live Realm and get a really great pet as a reward for defeating a creature, then you log into the Test Realm immediately after, that pet would not appear as the Test Realm database would not have updated yet.

That's what we mean by 'loss of items'.
I'm sorry if that confused or scared anyone, I'll look at rewording it.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
I was glad to be there, Professor. I made some new friends there. We had mount races and it was awesome! I was hoping to see some KI admins there but I didn't. I went on both my wizards, and it was fun. Here are my wizards:
Daniel WyrmBlood lvl 46 Master Sorcerer
Daniel RainBlood lvl 27 Adept Diviner

Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
Sry for double post but I was wondering how many people actually showed up? I am very curious about the answer. Do you think it was a success? I do.

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
You're correct oceandaydreamer, but those items would only be unavailable on the Test Realm.

If you are playing on the Live Realm and get a really great pet as a reward for defeating a creature, then you log into the Test Realm immediately after, that pet would not appear as the Test Realm database would not have updated yet.

That's what we mean by 'loss of items'.
I'm sorry if that confused or scared anyone, I'll look at rewording it.

Yeah,

She ment that the item you have in the Live Game my not have transfered over. I'm a level 29 in the Test realm, but in the live game I'm a Level 37. So don't freak out. It's fun. I always buy a house in the test realm then decorate it with the 100,000 "fake" crowns they give you!! It's so fun!

I LOVE THE TEST REALM NEVER CLOSE IT!!

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
hey! okay, so i downloaded the test realm thing from the site and everything. i subscribe and buy lots of crowns. when i load the test realm game, it never loads my character. i tried several times too. it even loaded the entrie game, you know in the upper left hand corner where the game just loads everything. it just takes me to create a new wizard. i really wanted to try it out too. :(

can someone please assist me on what i am doing wrong?

thanks! :)